ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
August DLC Announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: August DLC Announcement Reply with quote

The Guitar Hero(R) Music Library Rocks the Entire Month of August With Tracks From Renowned Bands The Used, Sum 41, Weezer, P.O.D. and Megadeth

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug 02, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Before gamers embark on an epic rock journey this September in Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock, they can bone up on their face-melting, axe-shredding skills with 15 new additions to the Guitar Hero(R) music library. Compatible with Guitar Hero(R) 5 and Band Hero(R), as well as forward compatible with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, the host of new tracks available this month for the Guitar Hero music library will span multiple genres of rock including alternative, punk and heavy metal and feature the bands The Used, Sum 41, Weezer, P.O.D. and Megadeth.

American rock band, The Used, return to the Guitar Hero music library to kick August into high gear with a killer three song set list comprised of some of their biggest hits. Beginning tomorrow, players can jam along to "The Taste Of Ink," the second single from their debut self-titled album as well as "The Bird And The Worm" and "Pretty Handsome Awkward," from their third album, Lies for the Liars.

Guitar Hero warriors looking to storm through the party like their name was El Nino should prepare themselves because on August 10, Canadian rockers Sum 41 will be crashing Guitar Hero house parties around the world with their three song track pack. Playable for the first time with any combination of instrument controllers, the Sum 41 Track Pack will feature one of the bands most successful singles, "Fat Lip," along with "In Too Deep," the second single off their debut album, All Killer, No Filler and "Still Waiting," the first single off their second full-length album, Does This Look Infected?

In mid-August, world-renowned alternative rock band, Weezer, are bringing three of their biggest hits to the Guitar Hero music library. Players will be able to rock out to the three song Weezer Track Pack, which includes "Beverly Hills," "Pork And Beans" and "Island In The Sun," when it goes live on August 17.

Thrash metal pioneers, Megadeth, who have created exclusive content for the upcoming Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock are bringing three additional tracks to the Guitar Hero music library prior to the game shipping this fall. Rockers looking to test their metal against the hard-hitting, furious finger-fretting sounds of Megadeth should begin warming up now because starting August 24, "Symphony of Destruction," "Hangar 18" and "Peace Sells" are shredding their way into the Guitar Hero music library.

Rounding out the month, metal band, P.O.D., will be making their Guitar Hero debut on August 31. The track pack will feature "Southtown," "Youth Of The Nation," and "Boom" and will have fans rockin' out right up to the launch of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.

The Used, Sum 41, Weezer, Megadeth and P.O.D. track packs will be available on Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points, on the PlayStation(R)Store for PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system for $5.49 and for Wii(TM) for 550 Wii Points(TM). All songs in each track pack will also be released as downloadable singles for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 160 Microsoft Points, PlayStation 3 system for $1.99 and Wii for 200 Wii Points each. In addition to the in-game music store and Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 owners can expand their Guitar Hero music library using the Guitar Hero VIP Pass Music Store, available exclusively on Xbox LIVE(R) online entertainment network.

For more information about Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and their entire line-up of downloadable songs and disc imports, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition including from used games and other forms of entertainment, litigation risks and associated costs, rapid changes in technology, industry standards, business models including online and used games, and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors, and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers that can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities and potential challenges associated with geographic expansion, and the other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

Guitar Hero, Band Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.

SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.

Last edited by PaulRobinson on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
kire  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for Megadeth

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Megadeth track pack looks amazing. 0_o

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Pork and Beans is chill too. ;D

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally solid month. Weezer, Megadeth, tasty. Ill pick up some Sum 41 as well, and check out the other wsongs.

Also, just to be a bitch and prove toymachine wrong: BAW REPEATS

If you are quoting me to actually baw about repeats, just stop. I'm joking.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhh Sum 41 is win win win win.

Also I guess Megadeth is cool.
LoadOBaggins  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony of destruction, Hangar 18 and Peace sells in one pack

/heartattack

Weezer and P.O.D packs look darn good too.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see how Beenox charts the megadeth DLC (particularly peace sells & hangar 18...harmonix overcharted the end of peace sells quite a bit & hangar 18 was plain awkward.)

also woo sum41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy for Sum 41 and especially Megadeth. The Weezer pack is somewhat disappointing, but it's not terrible. I just wonder what tiers the Megadeth charts will have. Will Hangar 18 make it to tier 10? It's the most likely candidate, but if Play With Me didn't, then I dunno about this one.

Just hope the charts aren't all kinds of (Pretty Handsome) awkward. Doubt it, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFMG SUM 41 YES YES YES!!!

I have been waiting for Fat Lip to return to GH for five years - it was my favourite song in GH1 and is still one of my all-time favourite songs. And In Too Deep is right up there with it. I will play the HELL out of these songs.

And that Megadeth pack - my three favourite Megadeth songs all in one track pack, with Expert+. It's like Activeenox reached into my brain and picked it for Megadeth tracks.

The other three packs may not interest me, but I don't care: Sum 41 and Megadeth are all I need. Two GH1 returns, a GH2 return and a RB2 song with Expert+. THANK YOU.

(EDIT: it's quite funny that we're getting the same number of Megadeth songs this month as DLC as on-disc with WoR next month )

Last edited by DVDSmith on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGADETHMEGADETHMGADETHMAGEDETHMEGADETH

Symphony of Destruction, FUCK YES!
Hangar 18 with a decent chart, FUCK YES!
Also, STILL WAITING FUCK YES!

Best month since January. I'll be picking up the full Deth pack, Still Waiting, and maybe some of the Weezer tracks. FUCK yes.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Used, Sum 41 and Weezer have very high nostalgia factor for me! Used to listen to them when I was a kid . Incredible awesome Megadeth pack! I've been wanting Hangar 18 for so long!

POD? Meh.. But it's a very good month indeed!
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed "Pretty Handsome Awkward" is on there. Is this a well-known song? I've never heard of The Used before but I've definitely seen the title of that song somewhere before.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Just noticed "Pretty Handsome Awkward" is on there. Is this a well-known song? I've never heard of The Used before but I've definitely seen the title of that song somewhere before.

GH3 DLC. The same thing happened to me, hah.
gamecubeRLZ  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megadeth is a must buy. i wish they picked better weezer and sum 41 tracks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: gamecube rlz PSN Name: mrstuprigge
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megadeth is pure win. I don't usually buy repeats, but for them..I'll make an exception...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: