Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A friendly discussion on the merits of rap/hip-hop music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twang  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought of T-Pain as more RnB. And add E.Town Concrete to your list of rap/rock/metal bands.

More rap recommendations:
Atmosphere
Aesop Rock
Brother Ali
Busdriver
Deltron 3030
Danger Mouse and Jemini
Jedi Mind Tricks
MF Doom

Last edited by Twang on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
Olinea  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
10/10

that was good OP.

Anyone responding to this guy is hilarious, and none of this should be taken as serious.

Here, I'll have some fun also.

Honestly, I have a huge passion for music. Pretty much classical only. I've been playing piano for 6 years now and my friends and I are starting an ensemble soon. I love drinking, having fun and just fucking around in general. We go to my friend's basement and fuck up the world with that Beethoven and such. The problem is, when I go to the outside world, everyone listens to metal, that's all I hear. It seriously sickens me. Heavy Metal is like shit to me and its what contributes to all my rage. I practice my piano 8 hours a day and ALWAYS perfect it, all day err day.

I feel bad for people who like metal. They are missing out on real talent and a type of music which knows no bounds and can really grasp the soul. All the basement dwellers listen to metal too and songs like Bleed dosen't have the same effect anymore because guys wouldn't go wild to it today like they would have in the 80's. I'm only 19, so I think I was born in the wrong decade honestly. My friends think the same thing. What is the world coming to? I hate people who think they are so cool blasting there metal shit in their car with spinner rims. I mean seriously, wtf? SO OBSCURE??

Composers like Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Haydn. I mean, these composers have talent and they kick ass. If I even see a cute girl perfecting Mozart's requiem and I totally fall for her. I'm not stuck in the 80's though, because I know the time period, and honestly, i just act myself. I just so happen to LOVE classical. It's such a shame that it's not the "cool" thing that it used to be 200 years ago. I get chills hearing "Mozart's Requiem, Beethoven's 9th, Brahm's Lullaby, Minuet in G". This music is my escape if things get too tough in life. It's sometimes poetic and beautifully written. I can't explain it, it just hits me where nothing else can. If someone says that classical sucks, I say "fuck you" and blast Rachmaninoff in their face.

I love the piano and violin and wish that people appreciated music for what it is: a
group of people coming together using their heart, soul and musical talent to make the piano a soothing style of music. Man, do I love classical. Does anyone else feel this way?

This man is a genius.

Lost it at "blast Rachmaninoff in their face".
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, T-Pain doesn't even rap on his main stuff so I don't see how you can recommend him as a rapper.
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shut

the

fuck

up.

Everyone has their opinion. Yours is terrible.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Composers like Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Haydn. I mean, these composers have talent and they kick ass. If I even see a cute girl perfecting Mozart's requiem and I totally fall for her.
Someone who plays Piano and doesn't even mention Chopin.

I are dissapointed.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
ganondorf901 wrote:

Once you get into rappers, listen to (I hate to be cliche) Notorious B.I.G., 2pac, Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg (specifically Doggystyle), 50 Cent, and T-Pain (even if you hate Auto-Tune).

Switch out 50 Cent and T-Pain for Wu-Tang Clan and Nas and that list would be ideal. And add OutKast. Everyone seems to forget about their first three albums.

OutKast is a def, but personally I avoided Wu Tang and N.W.A. for a reason, and despite Nas being arguably one of the greatest rappers alive, I don't find most of his stuff accessible to someone who hates Hip Hop as much as I would others.
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: I wish rap never existed Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
even recent metal bands like Trivium, Shadows Fall, All That Remains and Rob Zombie. I mean, these bands have talent and they kick ass.

Obvious troll is obvious.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
Composers like Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Haydn. I mean, these composers have talent and they kick ass. If I even see a cute girl perfecting Mozart's requiem and I totally fall for her.
Someone who plays Piano and doesn't even mention Chopin.

I are dissapointed.

I don't actually play piano, that post was a joke.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent

Now, Lil' Wayne on the other hand, HAS NO TALENT. I dare anyone to argue that point with me.
1)He can't rap even moderately fast.
2)His lyrics are always about something stereotypical... he is playing what he knows will sell and nothing else.
3)He's stupid and ugly as hell.
4)While arguing with me about this, my friend defended him by saying that scar on his face was from where he accidentally shot himself in the face with a shotgun while cleaning it. "He's so real." yep. Reallll fuckin stupid.
5)He does have some good beats, especially with subs. But oh yeah, he doesn't design his own beats, he buys them.
6)He rhymed yeast infection with geese erection.
7)HE BOUGHT HIS WAY INTO A GANG AFTER BECOMING A MILLIONAIRE. All this does is put more guns in the hood and get people killed. He only did this for attention and to seem cool. Ice T was the "Original Gangsta," he popularized gangsta rap. He grew up in the hood, in gangs. Then he became rich and famous. Now what has he done? He made something of himself. He's on fuckin Law and order, as a detective now.
Oh, and Ice-T also loves metal and has played in metal bands. Even though they were terrible.

Last edited by Vampyromaniac on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vampyromaniacal
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
Now, Lil' Wayne on the other hand, HAS NO TALENT. I dare anyone to argue that point with me.

He makes music that sounds good. Is that not talent?
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
Vampyromaniac wrote:

I concede because the argument you're about to make if I defend my point is both an unstoppable force and an immovable object. Hopefully someone else will step up for me.

In summary:
Vampyromaniac wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Vampyromaniac wrote:
I dare anyone to argue that point with me
I concede.

I will say, however, that the only part of his music that he makes is the vocal track. Music may be subjective, but his voice is difficult to consider appealing IMO.[/quote]

Last edited by Vampyromaniac on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vampyromaniacal
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
Vampyromaniac wrote:

No, of course not. Don't be ridiculous.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
6)He rhymed yeast infection with geese erection.

Words cannot describe how funny this is.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ultimate revenge. Turning this thread into a rap discussion topic. I like how inadvertently that happened.
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Anyway, yeah, you can just ignore rap if it's so bad. Turn up those headphones with your BR00T4L H34VY M3T4LZ and tune it out. In the meantime, enjoy the above. 0/10, F-, would not read again. Anyway, onto my opinion about rap, since this thread has apparently been derailed into rap discussion. Usually isn't my cup of tea, but time to time I hear my dad play some old hip-hop/rap (I don't know what the official distinction is, if there even is one, sorry) and I can really get into it.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;

Last edited by LethalFishEater on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: