ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Preview and Impressions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazarion wrote:
Can somebody please list all the carachter powers and what they do its the only thing im curious about in quest mode

Posted in the WoR thread awhile back. Here you go:

toymachine wrote:
Code:
Judy      Crowd Hyper +         Rock Meter starts maxed.  Overflow Rock Meter to earn 5 extra *'s.
Pandora      Star Power Nova +      SP Multiplier is 6x instead of 2x.
Echo      Star Power Generator +      Get 10% SP for every 10-Note Streak.
Johnny      Speed Freak +         2x Minimum Multiplier that rises quickly.  Stay over 3x to earn 5 extra *'s.
Austin      Star Power Amplifier +      SP earned from phrases is 4x normal amount.
Axel      Resurrector +         Earn 5 Ankhs to instantly resurrect you.  Save Ankhs to earn extra *'s.
Casey      Streak Guardian +      2 Shields guard your Streak.  Long Streaks earn 5 extra *'s.
Lars      Multiplier Extender +      Max Multiplier is 6x instead of 4x.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
zuqu  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
Nazarion wrote:
Can somebody please list all the carachter powers and what they do its the only thing im curious about in quest mode

Posted in the WoR thread awhile back. Here you go:

toymachine wrote:
Code:
Judy      Crowd Hyper +         Rock Meter starts maxed.  Overflow Rock Meter to earn 5 extra *'s.
Pandora      Star Power Nova +      SP Multiplier is 6x instead of 2x.
Echo      Star Power Generator +      Get 10% SP for every 10-Note Streak.
Johnny      Speed Freak +         2x Minimum Multiplier that rises quickly.  Stay over 3x to earn 5 extra *'s.
Austin      Star Power Amplifier +      SP earned from phrases is 4x normal amount.
Axel      Resurrector +         Earn 5 Ankhs to instantly resurrect you.  Save Ankhs to earn extra *'s.
Casey      Streak Guardian +      2 Shields guard your Streak.  Long Streaks earn 5 extra *'s.
Lars      Multiplier Extender +      Max Multiplier is 6x instead of 4x.

What about the Demi God? He doesn't have any power?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His powers are all eight at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note about those powers is those are the "+" versions, ie the upgraded versions that you get when you transform each character via their chapter in quest. The initial powers (which are replaced), are slightly weaker versions of each of those, for example Pandora gets 3x SP, Austin gets half a bar per phrase, Echo gets 5% SP bar per 10 note combo, Lars goes to 5x on his multi, Axel gets only two ankhs, and Casey gets only one shield. Not sure what the judy/johnny ones are.
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny's weaker Version can only get 2 additional Stars for keeping the multiplier over 3x.

So I think Judy can only get 2 extra stars for overflowing the RockMeter instead of 5.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For people who played the game and saw the set up, will leaderboards/scoretracking be separated based on what character set up you were using when you got the score? I mean, would there be gametypes where you wouldn't be able to use a character whose ability made it possible to get uber points (thinking mostly of Echo on this one)? Because it seems like everyone would just use her, or more likely the demi god, and the score tracking (for this site too) would just have to be a "Highest score achieved using whatever character set up you want." Kind of seems like that would eliminate most squeezing, but I don't know.

I'm basically wondering if there is a game mode that we could play in that doesn't allow the use of the characters' powers, so that people wouldn't be denied an opportunity for more points by not choosing the Demi God. I agree that most people would just use the Demi God, I'm just trying to see if a certain game mode provides the most level playing field.

As far as people's writeups, I'm getting quite excited for the game, when in truth I didn't think I would be getting it. I'll be quite happy if this is the next GH3 and brings more life back to this community.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
zuqu  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:

lol wtf, that means x36 almost the whole song and the possibility to get 46.5 stars (+ 20 extra from the characters effects).
Master-Tesuch wrote:
I'm basically wondering if there is a game mode that we could play in that doesn't allow the use of the characters' powers

You can't use them in Quickplay+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
I'm basically wondering if there is a game mode that we could play in that doesn't allow the use of the characters' powers, so that people wouldn't be denied an opportunity for more points by not choosing the Demi God. I agree that most people would just use the Demi God, I'm just trying to see if a certain game mode provides the most level playing field.

As far as people's writeups, I'm getting quite excited for the game, when in truth I didn't think I would be getting it. I'll be quite happy if this is the next GH3 and brings more life back to this community.

Actually, in quest mode there are no points, only stars (though stars are sort of clearly based on an under the hood points calculation going on). So in terms of points leaderboards, those are coming about through quickplay+, and thus dont involve powers, excepting for the 'power challenge' on each song (each challenge has its own leaderboard), which is limited to two powers at a time, so demi-god and all 8 powers type play does not enter into it. Its likely the case that for the power challenge there are certain combinations of characters that are going to probably be the best for a wide swath of top scores (my guess: pandora + echo or pandora + austin depending on the total number of notes compared to SP phrases in the song), particularly since about half the powers are sort of useless for FC high score type situations (judy, johnny, axel, casey)
WheelsTCW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Casey's power, what constitutes a high streak? Is it a star for every 100 note streak or something?
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a % of the total notes in a song. I mean a song with few notes would be harder to get all the stars than a song with many many notes (more chance of getting a long streak over and over).

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, you get the bonus stars from casey very early, i think after a streak of like 100 or 200 or something - not very much at all. One thign to note about her power is that the shield protects your multi but not your streak. Streak still gets reset to 0 when you miss a note even when its shielded, you jsut keep your 4x multi.

(this recollection i think is the unupgraded 2 bonus stars power though, so maybe the more stars requires bigger streaks)
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
IIRC, you get the bonus stars from casey very early, i think after a streak of like 100 or 200 or something - not very much at all. One thign to note about her power is that the shield protects your multi but not your streak. Streak still gets reset to 0 when you miss a note even when its shielded, you jsut keep your 4x multi.

(this recollection i think is the unupgraded 2 bonus stars power though, so maybe the more stars requires bigger streaks)

Well...hope it's that easy. I doubt they would have made it impossible to get all 5 stars on a short song.

RokotiiliFunkee  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, I just got my hands on the full version of Warrors of Rock (it will be released tomorrow in Europe and I managed to get my copy already). I've been playing few hours of quickplay+ and checking charts on expert guitar. I'm all excited. This one's a great game. There should be something for all kind of players and all kinds of music tastes.

I'm adding some full combo videos (starting with the easy ones, and I'll probably never gonna upload Sudden Death FC, lol). So if anyone is interested to see here's a link to my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CrocodileFunkee?feature=mhum
ferdy  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played all the Quest Mode and..................... O M F G!!!!!!!!!

It's all I can say... The last 10-15 songs are..... just amazing with very difficult paths....

HUGE!!!!!!!!
GH5--> 78 of 85
GH: Greatest Hits--> 44 of 48
GH: Metallica--> 36 of 49
GH:WT--> 70 of 86
GH3--> 66 of 70 (67 100%... BMW sucks...)
GH2--> 56 of 74
BH--> 65 of 65

MY VIDEOS--> http://es.youtube.com/user/Prad0
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ferdy vk PSN Name: ferdy_vk
MLZ123  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuqu wrote:
StormEagle wrote:

lol wtf, that means x36 almost the whole song and the possibility to get 46.5 stars (+ 20 extra from the characters effects).
Master-Tesuch wrote:
I'm basically wondering if there is a game mode that we could play in that doesn't allow the use of the characters' powers

You can't use them in Quickplay+

You can use the powers in Quickplay+, just not all of them at the same time. You will be able to choose 2 of the powers that you have unlocked in Quest mode, and use them in a Power Challenge to earn more stars.

To use powers in Quickplay, select a song then click on it once. After that click on Challenge ( i can't remember what it said right now but something like that) then select "Power Challenge" and you will be able to choose 2 powers.

-MLZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: