ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Sticking for Deadfall's toms?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Sticking for Deadfall's toms? Reply with quote

I can't even pass this song
Whenever the tom sections come up I just try and spastically hit the pads, usually resulting in me failing. It doesn't look like there's any feasible pattern here, but I'd really like to pass this song.

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it as such (watching a video of the chart currently so i may miss a note) and mind you this is for a rock band set, I don't know if there's any differences on a guitar hero set.

RBGRGRRBGRGRRRBBY

LRRLRLLRRLRLRLRRL

With that sticking I was able to hit it everytime.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn okay, I'll take it into practice mode and try that. This game is making me doubt my ability to drum

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, well trust me I feel the same way. Never in my life have my legs hurt this much after finishing the demigod tier on expert+
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
RBGRGRRBGRGRRRBBY

LRRLRLLRRLRLRLRRL

For fills like that, I like to use as many cross-overs as possible. It might take a while to get used to, but you'll be very consistent once you get the pattern down:
Code:

RBGRGRRBGRGRRRBBY
RLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR (you might want to end with RRL)

Learning to cross-over with these relatively slow fills will make you better at drums as a whole as well; really fast and awkward fills can be a lot easier if you've learned to cross-over odd fills. Take the Chorus 3 fill in Chemical Warfare for example:
Code:

RRRGRRBGRGRRBGRRY
LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLLR

...for me, is a lot easier to get consistent with than, for example:
Code:

RRRGRRBGRGRRBGRRY
RLLRLLRRLRLLRRLLR

I also tried crossing over the Mosh Riff 1 fill in War Ensemble once, just for the lulz... and I sucked . Now I can hit it almost every time, just because I'd been practising that fill with cross-overs (I probably can't even hit it the 'regular' way anymore :P). It's really just a matter of time, practice and muscle memory
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think it depends on your playstyle really. I get terribly clumsy when trying to cross over and as such the only song I ever cross over for is 666 on Rock Band with the crazy drum solos.

Aside from that its far easier for me to double stroke a crazy fill.
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
I also think it depends on your playstyle really. I get terribly clumsy when trying to cross over and as such the only song I ever cross over for is 666 on Rock Band with the crazy drum solos.

Yeah, it definitely does depend on personal preference. After I learned to cross-over by playing Brianstorm (I used to suck at cross-overs before), I tried applying my newfound skills to other fills, and it just clicked. Learning the pattern for crossing over an odd fill usually takes me longer than when I'd double stroke it, but I found myself being way more consistent after memorizing the pattern. Again, this is all my personal preference, so I'd suggest to at least try crossing over if you're unsure about certain fills, and if it really doesn't work out, double stroking is the way to go
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try it out, seems pretty hard on a band hero kit because of the close placement of the pads. I mean I can cross-over on real drums pretty easily, but these seem hard. I'll take it into practice more.

mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just wanna be able to pass it I just did what a normal drummer would do, play the G and B pads with my right hand and the red with my left. No FC, but my Rock Meter didn't go down
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 word: crossover. It may seem like some mindblowing task at first, but if you slow it down it isn't that bad. It totally ate at my mind and then I slowed it down and figured out it's a ton simpler than it appears. Still crazy, but not nearly as crazy.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it down to double sticking properly (getting like 100% on slow), but full speed is bleh. I can't combo it, I think I need to calibrate my drumset. Wayyyyy too sensitive pads but not cymbals and that could be a huge problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: