ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Competition (Australians only!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnknownLefty95  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Competition (Australians only!! Reply with quote

http://www.battlesessions.com.au/Default.aspx

Basically, you have to play one of these songs:

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
Soundgarden - Black Rain
My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Muse - Uprising

Get your highest score possible on one of these songs. Upload the highest one to the website, and the top 20 people from each state will go to state finals, in their capital city. Please note that in this case, ACT is joined with NSW, and TAS with VIC. The number one score at the moment is obviously a Power challenge score, but I am pretty sure that it isn't legal.

The winners of state finals will earn the chance to meet METALLICA at a show of theirs. They will also enter into national finals, where if they win that, they win $10,000!!!

I can't possibly go to finals if I make it, so I'm appealing the Aussies of SH to get me out of the state rankings. Currently I'm 6th in NSW/ACT.

Good luck

TIP: Money for Nothing.

Much better username than my SH one, don't ya think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrElectricNick
avandr3  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if only I was half as good on guitar as I was on Bass - I'd totally hit that up.

Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this is as good of an incentive as any to get into Guitar again...

Colour me interested.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Blashyrkh  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I don't understand how the rankings work. Obviously, one of those songs has the highest base score, so if you play one of the others, you're automatically at a disadvantage?
Spo0fM0nkey  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of those songs u'll have star power through the whole song i can get about 1.6 - 1.7 on 3 songs and the other 3 ill scrape in around 1.4- 1.5 but looking at the rankings atm people are reaching 3mill, noted i FC'd them all, any 1 would have an idear on how they managed that
Cyberwaste  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Powers are enabled for this competition. This worries me quite a bit... All you need is something to boost your phrases or get you more SP and your score can skyrocket... Pretty sure I can nail the 2mil up right now if I work at it.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Blayde  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrior powers are only useable for the qualifying rounds, in the state and nationals its pure quickplay, so its pure skill
Cyberwaste  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blayde wrote:
Warrior powers are only useable for the qualifying rounds, in the state and nationals its pure quickplay, so its pure skill

So it IS just for this phase. Sweet.

psxfreak101 wrote:

hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous, i've FC'd all the songs and my highest score i can get is around 1.7 mil, and the top score is 2.7, any idea on how their getting these scores?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellbound4eva wrote:
This is ridiculous, i've FC'd all the songs and my highest score i can get is around 1.7 mil, and the top score is 2.7, any idea on how their getting these scores?

The 2.7mil score got taken down... Still, I'm dumbfounded as to how they're getting these ridiculous scores.

Also 19th in NSW as of 7pm AEDST!

psxfreak101 wrote:

hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im 10th in Vic/Tas but i was 5th with 1.65mil, yeah 2,7 got taken down but 2.59 still up, i just dont see how its possible to get these scores.
EDIT: Think i figured it out, if you've linked your account to guitar hero.com your quest domination scores are put up there, i just got 2.9ish mil on a -1 run on Im not okay, so people must be submitting these scores and either submitting false proffs or none at all.

Last edited by hellbound4eva on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: hellbound4eva
massi4h  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any love for poor old New Zealand on this?
Cyberwaste  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

massi4h wrote:
Is there any love for poor old New Zealand on this?

Sorry dude, NZ got left out. And besides, it'd be too late now, because entries are now closed.

Now to wait until we get our letters... Good luck!

hellbound4eva wrote:
EDIT: Think i figured it out, if you've linked your account to guitar hero.com your quest domination scores are put up there, i just got 2.9ish mil on a -1 run on Im not okay, so people must be submitting these scores and either submitting false proffs or none at all.

And now I expect my rank to go up. Awesome.

psxfreak101 wrote:

JakMon777  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the trick was to play Expert Drums on Bat Country. Nowhere in the Terms and Conditions did it say you had to enter a Guitar score. Originally I had a Guitar score up but started to slip in the rankings, so I submitted a 2.3m score on Drums (Not a bad run for me) on Bat Country, ended up 1st in my State and 3rd nationally.

Time to start training for the finals!

By the way, it's been announced that Paranoid will be the grand final song. Makes sense seeing how it's tied to Metallica.
hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakMon777 wrote:
Actually, the trick was to play Expert Drums on Bat Country. Nowhere in the Terms and Conditions did it say you had to enter a Guitar score. Originally I had a Guitar score up but started to slip in the rankings, so I submitted a 2.3m score on Drums (Not a bad run for me) on Bat Country, ended up 1st in my State and 3rd nationally.

Time to start training for the finals!

By the way, it's been announced that Paranoid will be the grand final song. Makes sense seeing how it's tied to Metallica.

Yeah and its noobs like you submitting drum scores that made my 5th on guitar in the state drop to like 10th. Gunna kick all these drum n00bs butts at states and nationals. And im fair sure i remember in the T&C that it said submit your best score on expert guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: