ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cool thing I learned about GH:WoR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Cool thing I learned about GH:WoR Reply with quote

Oh hey guys

You know how GH:WoR fixed the whole glitched note count thing we've been seeing with X+ songs, like Shortest Straw, Our Truth, Wherever I May Roam, etc.?

I just got a -1 on Black Friday.

I also hit the outro to Bodhissatva.

And the chorus in Put Your Records On. And that part in Stranglehold.

DO YOU EVEN REALIZE

THEY FIXED BROKEN NOTES

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post this last night also. Felt good getting a -1 on Black Friday.

wait a second, you got a -1 too? It wasn't the last triple snare burst by any chance?

Also another cool thing is that SP on sustains count like whammy and give more star power.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is good but bad at the same time because now we have to re-fc things

*sigh*

BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter as LegsLikePistonz is on a good way to become the GuitarHeroPhenom of Drums.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLABLAFU wrote:
Doesn't matter as LegsLikePistonz is on a good way to become the GuitarHeroPhenom of Drums.

Eh not really. He's very good and probably the best at double bass but there are still a handful of people better than him overall (and a LARGE handful better at stick work).
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what counts at RE-Fcing X+ Songs where bass notes were missing? Right, double bass.
CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
BLABLAFU wrote:

Eh not really. He's very good and probably the best at double bass but there are still a handful of people better than him overall (and a LARGE handful better at stick work).

i wouldnt say a "LARGE" handful are better, he's not the best but he has gotten leaps and bounds better than he used to be in a relatively short amount of time.

the only thing i dont like is he rarely plays any avenged sevenfold or dragonforce because he hates those bands, so we might never find out if he can stick those fills or not.

altho i do agree that "GHP of drums" is bit much, dont think there will ever be one of those

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLABLAFU wrote:
And what counts at RE-Fcing X+ Songs where bass notes were missing? Right, double bass.

some of them are just regular X songs with notes added, such as Black Friday. Though I think Sulfurus's FC would be more impressive than one where it's not broken, still needs to be reFC'd.

Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
BLABLAFU wrote:

some of them are just regular X songs with notes added, such as Black Friday. Though I think Sulfurus's FC would be more impressive than one where it's not broken, still needs to be reFC'd.

Here's the thing, there's two common glitches we've run in to:

1. The Note Count for the song being too high, generally on an X+ song, because the bass notes that are charted for some reason do not show up. This is remedied in GH:WOR by the bass notes... actually showing up.

2. We have legitimately BROKEN notes that require alternate stickings than what is charted to hit, resulting in note counts that the players achieve being HIGHER than the actual in game count. This is remedied in GH:WOR by them no longer being broken, meaning you can play them normally without fear of breaking combo.

There's no notes being added in the second case, just notes being fixed. So, technically, to the best of our knowledge, BLABLAFU is right, and all of the missing notes so far have been extra kicks.

Also no I didnt miss in a snare burst Element, it was my own stupidity that made me miss. So the song is entirely fixed.

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah I see. Still it's crazy, like 100 kicks have been added to shortest straw D:

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
BLABLAFU wrote:

I wouldn't say that.

He's basically got the entire demigod tier FC'ed now (aside from FotS). I'd say he's getting close to being the new phenom.

Anyway, on a more relevant note. Is stuff like Black Betty fixed? Or is that chart still god awful?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Anyway, on a more relevant note. Is stuff like Black Betty fixed? Or is that chart still god awful?

When streaming for Mystakin and Toymachine last night I put in Black Betty to see and nope, its still fucking god awful and whoever charted it should die.

Knux2007  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... does this LCDS outro is not broken?

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone want to tell me whats wrong with the Black Betty chart? seems fine to me
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bird (SH import) now has a kick pedal sustain at the end of it. So not only have they been fixing drum charts but they've been adding one of the new features to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: