ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (9.4/10 from CVG)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garwood  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (9.4/10 from CVG) Reply with quote

So. . . yeah. How are you people not playing this game already? It's like, Castlevania + Shadow of the Colossus + Prince of Persia + God of War / Devil May Cry (or so I hear).

IT'S AAAAMMMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGGG

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-review/ 4.5/5

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268667 9.4/10 from CVG

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]

Last edited by Garwood on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 am; edited 4 times in total
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Reply with quote

I was a big fan of the first N64 Castlevania and I love the sidescrollers so I'll have to check this out. I've downloaded the demo but not played it yet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
Garwood  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be wary, the demo gives a very limited experience of just one short lived gameplay element. That level is unlike any other in the game so far. (I'm on chapter 5 of 12.

And yes, previous 3D Castlevania games haven't had a steller record but this has been in development for nearly 3 years with Kojima aiding in the development.

Joystiq likes it.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-review/

Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garwood wrote:
Be wary, the demo gives a very limited experience of just one short lived gameplay element. That level is unlike any other in the game so far. (I'm on chapter 5 of 12.

And yes, previous 3D Castlevania games haven't had a steller record but this has been in development for nearly 3 years with Kojima aiding in the development.

Joystiq likes it.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-review/

Wait, Hideo was involved with this? Is the story waaaaaay deep and confusing ?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Garwood  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Wait, Hideo was involved with this? Is the story waaaaaay deep and confusing ?

It's pretty straight forward so far.

Edit: ahaha ok I just finished the game yesterday and would like to amend my statement.

Last edited by Garwood on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sodarox11  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of iffy on this game. I really love the whole Metroid-vania Castlevanias. (SotN, AoS, and HoD are some of my favorite games.) Would a Metroid-vania fan like this game or not?
00:37:XX fallout 3 segmented
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Stonenot
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodarox11 wrote:
I'm kind of iffy on this game. I really love the whole Metroid-vania Castlevanias. (SotN, AoS, and HoD are some of my favorite games.) Would a Metroid-vania fan like this game or not?

If its upgrades you're looking for, they're in this game. I have never been wholly satisfied with a 3D Castlevania game. I am excited as shit for this game. I've been saying it looks amazing for months now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodarox11 wrote:

Welllllll. It is definitely a different style of game. You don't have to run from one part of the castle to another just to progress the game. The whole thing is linear in that sense. You DO however have to still explore the levels and occasionally bust down a "hidden wall" or revisit a level once you have a new ability to get some of the upgrades. So if you like exploring then there is still a fair amount of that to be done.

There is also a lot of climbing a scaling walls and puzzles to be solved wrapped up in a action game combat system that doesn't reward button mashing.

zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I bought this today, and I have to say, the Titan boss is FUCKING ANNOYING. In theory, the strategy to beat it is so simple, yet it evades me. Randomly it seems that when I'm holding RT to hold on, it will randomly throw me off, and I rage quit the game. >.>

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
Garwood  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just need to be a bit more patient.

As soon as it starts to shake just hold the right trigger tightly until the warning goes away.

You can also press A while you're climbing to go make leaps that is a little faster but you may be unfortunate and be in the middle of a jump when the boss tries to throw you off.

wuLFe  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this a bit (but got distracted by Enslaved, which gripped me a little more).

I jsut have no clue how you're meant to beat the damn Titan boss in 1:30 - I don't think I could even take down the first rune in that time frame

Other than that, I think playing through the game on hard might be a mistake - I was starting to get frustrated, and so put it away, but maybe I'll just n00b out and play it on medium.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Garwood  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to use a dark crystal which you get access to half way through chapter 3 i think. It makes each rune take 1 hit to kill. I almost got it but was a second short.

I played through on normal first and it was still a fairly hard game now I'm going through on paladin and doing trials.

benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHHTnMEHdvM
I want to get this after seeing this reveiw but If there comes a Lords of Acid expansion Im so day 1 buying that shit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm totally satisfied with spending $60 on this game. It looks awesome, the combat system is great, and the story (so far, I'm on chapter 6) is told very, very well. I do have to admit that this is my first time EVER playing a Castlevania game. I keep seeing people saying that this game should have been another 2D sidescroller... a little silly I think, but what do I know?

Anyway, anyone who is a fan of the God of War/Devil May Cry type of game, this is for you. It's a ton of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: