ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Do ya'll count imports towards an FGFC on this side?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
I would say yes.
I can understand that people would say no, but hard songs will stay hard, the game still doesn't play itself.

That's the point : it's still hard, but it's not the same As long as it's not actually broken (like rb1 vox or gh5 drum), original engines required =P

That's my point, I think that the GH:M/VH engine is broken because you sometimes get a solid, while hitting everything in the phrase.
GH:SH, doesn't have this and on WT a solid is fine too.

But wait!
Slider notes (On guitar) are broken on Wt/M/VH/M.
So you CAN FC them on different engines....

I do agree. it isn't the same.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
That's my point, I think that the GH:M/VH engine is broken because you sometimes get a solid, while hitting everything in the phrase.

Inorite, but i suspect it's just the game showing you a yellow colour, even if you're a bit off pitch... On gh5, it would be like having the words filled entirely, but still getting a Solid. -> Last phrase on Fame, Saturday night's alright, and even It's only another parsec. I happened to get Solids on those, even if i was filling them entirely. BUT, since i was probably a liiiittle off pitch, and "being on pitch" making the pie/bar fill faster (and giving you a little more points), i think it's just that. And ghM/VH probably do the same, but you just don't see the pie/bar filling slower when you're a bit off pitch (and/or off sync). Not really broken, just utterly annoying.

Quote:
GH:SH, doesn't have this and on WT a solid is fine too.

OH YES it DOES do it !! ughhhh drove me crazy !! And wt is cool =P

Quote:

haha, again, not really broken (except on WT, and.... accepted or not for guitar, i still think it's super cheap xP), just utterly annoying. PLUS, different engines for purple notes : ok that would sound fair if they're really broken, BUT the rest of the notes would be on different engines too. You wouldn't want to fc like... i don't know, BYOB (with no purple notes involved) on gh5 and making it count the same... right ?

Ah well, let's just stick to vox SH/M/VH = same. gh5/BH : same apparently. ghWoR : a bit looser.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you brought up World Tour, I guess a case can be made for that due to solids counting towards FCs. I haven't done any of the imports in GH:WoR yet, but after experience in GH5, does that make them in imported form somewhat *harder* to FC than the on-disc counterparts?

Thought I'd bring that up somehow >_>

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good point there

I couldn't say for sure actually. It's way too different for me to be able to say if it's harder or not (obviously enough imo it doesn't count, too different). But the difficulty coming from two different reasons, i don't know if it's harder or not. WT forces you to be super-on-pitch all the time, but allows you to get Solid.... ghWoR doesn't want Solids, but it allows you to be a be a bit off pitch, sooooo.... i don't know.

Besides, when i fc'd songs on WT, i was learning them. Now obviously it would seem easy on ghWoR since i know them by heart, making it impossible for me to tell.

*is stumped*
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:

OH YES it DOES do it !! ughhhh drove me crazy !! And wt is cool =P
I guess I should play more GH:SH then...(or not)

Quote:

haha, again, not really broken (except on WT, and.... accepted or not for guitar, i still think it's super cheap xP), just utterly annoying. PLUS, different engines for purple notes : ok that would sound fair if they're really broken, BUT the rest of the notes would be on different engines too. You wouldn't want to fc like... i don't know, BYOB (with no purple notes involved) on gh5 and making it count the same... right ?

Ah well, let's just stick to vox SH/M/VH = same. gh5/BH : same apparently. ghWoR : a bit looser.

Let's take Next to You on RB1 for instance.
It's almost as broken as it can get, but there is still a possiblity to hit it. (I did on my sightread, but I sucked and didn't knew it was broken anyway FML) Playing it on RB2 kinda solves is, but it makes the rest easier.
It's this the same then?

And yes, Purples ARE broken on M:SH:VH, they almost have no Back-end window, which is the exact opposite from WT.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Now that you brought up World Tour, I guess a case can be made for that due to solids counting towards FCs. I haven't done any of the imports in GH:WoR yet, but after experience in GH5, does that make them in imported form somewhat *harder* to FC than the on-disc counterparts?

Thought I'd bring that up somehow >_>

When I started to FC WT imports. (I'm not done yet because I like to stall..) I found Up around the bend REALLY easy on GH5 but hard as hell, A.K.A not getting solids on WT.
Hitting phrases that switch a lot are easier on GH5 because you get some recoil points.
I mean, if you switch from note you still get some points from the first note if you were a little early.

Meh, I still need to FGFC WT on vocals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was in your boat with "Up Around the Bend". I handled it just fine in WT, but the horrible charts and lack of transition room in the Import made it a difficult Import FC for me, though I *did* manage to find it doable.

Eh, I'll test "One Way or Another" on GH:WoR when I get home and see what I can make of it there, because that's one track that I know I definitely *can't* FC in GH5 at all

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are forgetting something Wooffus.
Vocals on WT/SH/M/VH on the Wii/PS2 are easier than Xbox360/Ps3.
And BH/GH5 are slightly easier than Xbox360/PS3.

So that difference might be why you aren't in my boat. Because you have a Wii boat and I have a Nixbox boat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl boats

and uhhh, yeah about the purple notes, i knew there were something about back and front ends being messed up. And even though it's accepted by most people that it means "broken" , my opinion is that it's still super cheap to fc something like... what, ummm Demolition man i guess, or something full of purple, on an engine where purple work better : the rest of the songs (like strummings and hopos) are not broken on any game. Changing engines to play purple notes better ? Fine if you want ; it's cheap, but if you want. Playing the rest of the song on a different engine, when you could've perfectly played it on the original ? Nop. =P (at least, drums has no difference, only the broken pedals working fine, the rest of the song is the same) ...but argh, still talking about guitar and drums sorry

Comparing that to Next to you isn't valid (for me). Next to you CAN be hit, and it's been done, just as the broken pedals in gh5. But playing it like they're charted : fail. On the other hand, playing the purple notes (on wt) like they're charted : not necessarily fail Way tighter, different timing window, but yeah, extremely precise fingers could hit them if played when they're charted, unlike broken pedals/NtY. I hope you get my point .___.

Also, difference between rb1 and rb2 isn't thaaaat huge. I mean what... Aside of NtY and Sabotage, there's only Gimme shelter that is made way easier, and yeah, it's not because it's broken, it's just because that phrase is tricky. On vox, difference rb1-rb2 is noooothing compared to the difference between SH/M/VH and gh5/BH/ghWoR. So since the difference is SO small outside broken stuff, i can see why they had no problem accepting imports. Nothing to do with GH vox imo

/attempt to stay on topic.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't count it on either side

Except for X+ glitch stuff... Like FCing stuff in Band Hero as opposed to GH5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: