ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2 more 5 stars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: 2 more 5 stars Reply with quote

Guys, i need some advice for Vicarious, and Everlong. Vicarious is just a mess because some parts that are damn near impossible to combo are really long. And everlong is just stupid. I get a 2.7 multiplier on Vicarious, so im close, but i feel like i cant do anymore. And tips for everlong would be great. Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tips 4 everlong (Worked 4 me. I went from not being able to pass it to get 5 stars consistently in like three days):

-You'll need some crazy stamina if you want to keep the rythm during the endless hi-hat roll, and the only way to train that is playing a lot. So play that song A LOT.
-When your arms are strong enough to not getting tired thorughout the song, you'll probably have trouble when throwing in the bass and the snare. Just remember that the snare has a steady rythm (2 per measure, I think) and that the bass DOES have a pattern. Listen to the song a couple of times and try to ignore the hi-hat, and you'll notice it. Try to play that bass-snare pattern without the hi-hat, using only your right hand. To merge That hi-hat roll and that bass-snare pattern, you'll need some practise in disco beats. I recommend practising in slower songs which have that kind of beat (I used Hungry like the wolf in GH5).
-For the breaks during the roll I can't give you any advice, as I am still not able to hit them ^^U
-The last thing you might have trouble with are the snare-tom rolls with all that bass underneath. Just practise and keep in mind that that bass has a constant beat.

Good Luck! That song is everything but easy!

Ciao!

YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo13 wrote:
Tips 4 everlong (Worked 4 me. I went from not being able to pass it to get 5 stars consistently in like three days):

-You'll need some crazy stamina if you want to keep the rythm during the endless hi-hat roll, and the only way to train that is playing a lot. So play that song A LOT.
-When your arms are strong enough to not getting tired thorughout the song, you'll probably have trouble when throwing in the bass and the snare. Just remember that the snare has a steady rythm (2 per measure, I think) and that the bass DOES have a pattern. Listen to the song a couple of times and try to ignore the hi-hat, and you'll notice it. Try to play that bass-snare pattern without the hi-hat, using only your right hand. To merge That hi-hat roll and that bass-snare pattern, you'll need some practise in disco beats. I recommend practising in slower songs which have that kind of beat (I used Hungry like the wolf in GH5).
-For the breaks during the roll I can't give you any advice, as I am still not able to hit them ^^U
-The last thing you might have trouble with are the snare-tom rolls with all that bass underneath. Just practise and keep in mind that that bass has a constant beat.

Good Luck! That song is everything but easy!

Ciao!

Thanks man. I'll try it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for everlong practice the part where there is two snares then the orange cymbal, I always used to break combo there and lost a lot of points. Use starpower before huge rolls for a lot of points.

The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Everlong: Turn on Lefty Flip

nuff said
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:

nuff said

I tried this, and my left hand got tired for some reason. Any techniques for this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
The-B.O.D. wrote:

nuff said

I tried this, and my left hand got tired for some reason. Any techniques for this?

I wouldn't recommend it honestly, that's bad technique. You need to learn how to hit the snare with your right hand during discos on a GH kit, because a lot of songs have that pattern.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: