ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
EDM Discussion/Qualia Originals (Misnomer EP Available NOW fo freeee)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
Just came to say that you all should download the X-Sessions Mix and buy the EP from beatport because FOR FUCK'S SAKE IT'S EXCISION OMGWTFNINJASEVERYWHEREWHEREAMIOHDEARLORDIT'SRAPINGMYEARS...BBQ.
Yeah.

Been trying to figure out how to download that mix. Someone linked me to a promotional tracklisting thing. I've heard a lot of the stuff in the mix, and I know that it's all good, so I am MAD curious to hear what else is in there besides what I already know I like. Blue Steel is a solid track and I'm interested to hear 8 bit Super Hero.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Borgore on the 29th, shit was insane. So far I've seen him and Rusko (on April 15th) and I think he definitely throws a better show than Rusko. Also, I was not expecting a mosh pit at a rave but I'm happy there was one. I ended up laying my friend out and sent him flying a good 2-3 feet. Oh yea ge on the look out for his new tracks they're easily some of his best shit
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killermonkey wrote:
Just saw Borgore on the 29th, shit was insane. So far I've seen him and Rusko (on April 15th) and I think he definitely throws a better show than Rusko. Also, I was not expecting a mosh pit at a rave but I'm happy there was one. I ended up laying my friend out and sent him flying a good 2-3 feet. Oh yea ge on the look out for his new tracks they're easily some of his best shit

He's on his way to Pittsburgh, but I don't think I am going to go see him now... other obligations (aka... a video card) are currently taking up my money.

I'm not too worried... because he has been coming to Pittsburgh a LOT. However... I may go anyways, if I can squeeze it. I really, really like Borgore.
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody listen to the new Excision/Downlink EP Existence? It's pretty rad.

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Venim619  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tornintwo wrote:

Mentioned it on the last page, and indeed it is. Excision is one of the finest producers in the genre, much better than Skrillex in my opinion. However, comparing the two is like comparing different genres. Skrillex makes electro, Excision makes BASS. Personally, I'm all about bassweight.

And so I don't make a post in this thread without contributing (because it makes me feel selfish, what with my intense amount of sick tracks on my iTunes)...
Camo & Krooked - All Fall Down (ft. Shaz Sparks) (Club Mix)
Designer Drugs - Drop Down (HYX & H0U5T0N Drugstep Remix)
And though it isn't dubstep/electrostep, I'm sure you guys can appreciate...
Aylen Feat. Skrillex Sample - Chicken Plunge (Original Mix) - Comes with a free download!

Enjoy, SH Bass Heads!
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
tornintwo wrote:

Mentioned it on the last page, and indeed it is. Excision is one of the finest producers in the genre, much better than Skrillex in my opinion. However, comparing the two is like comparing different genres. Skrillex makes electro, Excision makes BASS. Personally, I'm all about bassweight.

And so I don't make a post in this thread without contributing (because it makes me feel selfish, what with my intense amount of sick tracks on my iTunes)...
Aylen Feat. Skrillex Sample - Chicken Plunge (Original Mix) - Comes with a free download!

Enjoy, SH Bass Heads!

For some reason I find the majority of Excision's solo work to be rather uninteresting. I like a lot of the collabs he's done, especially lately, though.

I hate that it's hard to find dubstep to download and I wish I could afford it, but I just lost my job, so not even $.99 song downloads are doable for me right now.

Thank god for that X Sessions mix that you can get for free, or I'd be stuck Youtube DJing most of the time.

One of the aforementioned recent Excision collabs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjCG79A5AiE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
tornintwo wrote:

Enjoy, SH Bass Heads!

For some reason I find the majority of Excision's solo work to be rather uninteresting. I like a lot of the collabs he's done, especially lately, though.

I hate that it's hard to find dubstep to download and I wish I could afford it, but I just lost my job, so not even $.99 song downloads are doable for me right now.

Thank god for that X Sessions mix that you can get for free, or I'd be stuck Youtube DJing most of the time.

One of the aforementioned recent Excision collabs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjCG79A5AiE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:

Bummer. :/ Check your inbox.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like NiT GRiT myself. Something completely different compared to the more traditional dubstep.

I go to dubstep parties in my area most of the time. One of the benefits of living in my country is that I always have fun
anonymous_28  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.

Last edited by anonymous_28 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Venim619  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself from the other dubstep thread wrote:
If you want a sick dubstep mix, try the Liyan Mix by Dubba Jonny: Video/tracklist, download link.

xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:

OH, and listen to this song I made and give me some feedback, please.

THIS IS AWESOME!

Seriously, Ive been poking around a bit as I try to discover my personal tastes in this genre, and I'm really really digging this, About to download and check out your other uploads. Props dude!

xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I'm into the bass heavy, non-electro stuff. Nothing too upbeat, slow tempos with bass melodies are sick. I used to listen to a little trance back in the day, and that's NOT the kind of stuff I'm looking for now in dubstep. Suggestions?

Venim619  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for some pure, unadulterated bassweight you should look into artists like Loefah, V.I.V.E.K, Kryptic Minds, Burial, Skream, Benga and Porta. Just to get you started, here's a song from each:
Loefah - Mud VIP
V.I.V.E.K - Pulse
Kryptic Minds vs Emika - Make You Sleep
Burial - Archangel
Skream - Where You Should Be (feat. Sam Frank)
Benga - 26 Basslines
Bob Marley - Is This Love (Porta Remix)

Hope you liked a few of these.
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
If you're looking for some pure, unadulterated bassweight you should look into artists like Loefah, V.I.V.E.K, Kryptic Minds, Burial, Skream, Benga and Porta. Just to get you started, here's a song from each:
Loefah - Mud VIP
V.I.V.E.K - Pulse
Kryptic Minds vs Emika - Make You Sleep
Burial - Archangel
Skream - Where You Should Be (feat. Sam Frank)
Benga - 26 Basslines
Bob Marley - Is This Love (Porta Remix)

Hope you liked a few of these.

Wow. I listened to all of the songs you linked, and I didn't really enjoy any of them. The Benga songs was alright. A little repetitive after a while. But the rest, I just wasn't feeling. They were a little too uneventful, er, static?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: