ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is using Power Decks cheating??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDGAF13  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Is using Power Decks cheating?? Reply with quote

I've got DJ Hero 2 and have started playing again and after finishing Empire Mode I noticed that the power decks aren't in the cheat menu. So I'm just wondering what everyone thought is about using them for high scores. I've seen a few 3 and 4 Mil scores that had to have a Power Deck behind them.
DDRfreak457  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckily it lets you know if someone was using a power deck. I think they are kinda stupid honestly.
kryptonitejesus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I say cheating... but since they're included on the leaderboards, and once Scorehero has tracking we won't be able to tell the difference, I think it's safe to say all of us need to adapt and use them too, otherwise we will be behind the curve, because people won't be honest about using Power Decks when we get scoretracking here.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: i am jesus bro PSN Name: silentscream51
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the only problem is the rewind deck is highly overpowered.

i could see this being fun trying to figure out which deck will get you the highest score (multiplier, tap master, or scratch master) but a double rewind deck is 100% overpowered and will basically guarantee you the highest score, not to mention run the song up to 20 minutes long.

I think I spent about 50 minutes on a single megamix rewinding like this... I don't plan on doing any of the other mixes like that unless people start running the scores on the leaderboards up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ughh this is dumb. I guess I'll just use multiplier deck on everything. THe rewind deck sounds like i would get so bored.

But like stated before, power deck scores are on leaderboards and we wont be able to tell the difference here. This is dumb :/
MinaKoga  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't mind the power decks that much. I refuse to use the rewind deck though, because I personally HATE rewinds in general. I don't enjoy playing the same section of a song over and over again, but sadly they're required for setting high scores.

EDIT: Okay, I gave in to temptation. I'll only use the rewind deck to stay competitive on leaderboards.

Last edited by MinaKoga on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DDRfreak457  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinaKoga wrote:
I personally don't mind the power decks that much. I refuse to use the rewind deck though, because I personally HATE rewinds in general. I don't enjoy playing the same section of a song over and over again, but sadly they're required for setting high scores.

qft. I've started doing alot of no rewind runs and its pretty fun
y0tube  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRfreak457 wrote:
ughh this is dumb. I guess I'll just use multiplier deck on everything. THe rewind deck sounds like i would get so bored.

But like stated before, power deck scores are on leaderboards and we wont be able to tell the difference here. This is dumb :/

I am not a fan of power decks because to mdawgs point, the rewind deck is so overpowered making the other power decks useless. they shoulda put more time into how power decks affect scores. it would have been much better if it was more balanced and u had to really put some thought into what deck to use on what song.

back to your point though, if i am not mistaken, you can tell who has used a power deck on the leaderboards based on the lightning bolt next to their scores. at least thats what im seeing
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y0tube wrote:
DDRfreak457 wrote:

I am not a fan of power decks because to mdawgs point, the rewind deck is so overpowered making the other power decks useless. they shoulda put more time into how power decks affect scores. it would have been much better if it was more balanced and u had to really put some thought into what deck to use on what song.

back to your point though, if i am not mistaken, you can tell who has used a power deck on the leaderboards based on the lightning bolt next to their scores. at least thats what im seeing

True. but at this point i'd have to say they're just an annoyance, not a cheat. the fact that they upload scores to the leaderboards and everyone can use them makes it completely fair, just a pain in the ass.

personally, i NEVER liked rewinds from the beginning. the only reason i used them was because if you wanted scores on the leaderboards.... you had to. i'm kinda pissed off that they added rewinds in multiplayer though... one of the reasons i always played multiplayer was to avoid rewinds. luckily there's too much lag to include them over live, so i dont have to deal with it online.... thank god it's local only. when it comes to tournaments though... its going to be a huge pain in the ass.

i think FSG took us using rewinds all the time in our videos as us actually enjoying rewinding. i don't think they fully understand that we do it because we have to, not because we like it. hopefully i can have more of an influence on the next game and we can get everything fixed... if they're willing to listen to me, ill hopefully be compiling a list of things the community as a whole would like to see changed.

but yeah, to answer the topic question.... no, they're not cheating theyre just annoying as hell, especially since the rewind deck is far too overpowered.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain what a power deck is exactly compared to one that isn't?
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortkud wrote:
Can someone explain what a power deck is exactly compared to one that isn't?
A Power Deck basically gives you more points than just having a regular DJ Deck (They have a lightning bolt next to them, indicating that if you use this DJ Deck, your score will change...by whatever kind of DJ Deck you get).

For example, the Euphoria Deck allows your Euphoria to last longer than normal...

The Rewind Deck rewinds A LOT MORE measures than normal...

The Multiplier Deck gets your highest mutliplier to 5x (10x MAXIMUM if you use Euphoria, Rewinds, or during freestyle pitches)...

See where i am getting at?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had there not been a rewind deck, I would enjoy these a lot more. It would be interesting to try and see which deck is better for which song and whatnot. Unfortunately, the rewind deck is too overpowered. I love having 4 minute mixes last 9+ minutes. >.>

Overall, it's not cheating. People are starting to call anything and everything cheating. Cheating is doing something you're not supposed to, so you can gain an unfair advantage. This is a gameplay mechanic that has been added in, and they attempted to give the game a bit more strategy. They'd have had it if it weren't for the rewind deck. This is by no means cheating. There is no hacking or special codes involved. You are using easily unlockable tools to help increase your score, and everyone can easily gain access to them. The scores upload to leaderboards and everything. The advantage is not unfair because everyone has access to it.

Cheating? No.
Unbalanced? Yes.
Unfun? Yes, but only because of the rewind deck.

----

Here's a little more extreme example of what my opinion of this is. Let me ask you this.

Is using the Raccoon Suit in Super Mario Bros. 3 cheating? It wasn't in the original Mario game. That's now how that game is meant to be played. If you beat the game using it, you cheated. I don't even want to consider you beating that game unless you used only mushrooms and fire flowers.

... does that sound ridiculous to you? Yes, it does. Although this is a more extreme example, this is exactly what this power deck thread sounds like to me.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
DDRfreak457  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya now that i'm done with the achievements and played all the songs and all that, I tried playing a few mixes with the rewind deck and its awfully boring. I didnt hate rewinds this much in DJH1. If you make one small mistake its like you wasted double the amount of time you did in DJH1.

ugh im just so frustrated with these power decks.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with the rewind deck to take the high scores of the first three songs and I don't even want to imagine how long it would take to finish on the higher songs.

Are power decks cheating? Depends on it's use. To obtain achievements, absolutely yes as it takes away a lot of the challenge.

I am absolutely more disgusted with power decks making achievements easier than by them being used for high scores.
DDRfreak457  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisGX wrote:
I've been playing with the rewind deck to take the high scores of the first three songs and I don't even want to imagine how long it would take to finish on the higher songs.

Are power decks cheating? Depends on it's use. To obtain achievements, absolutely yes as it takes away a lot of the challenge.

I am absolutely more disgusted with power decks making achievements easier than by them being used for high scores.

really? I don't care let them have their achievements, most of them think the tap deck is the best anyways. you just said yourself you dont want to imagine how long its gonna take you to play the songs with the rewind deck.

I just wish power decks werent allowed on the leaderboards, I would be more excited to play this game instead of bored
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: