ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Online Play Whitelist/Blacklist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Online Play Whitelist/Blacklist Reply with quote

Okay, so who knows if this will actually work or even help... but I'm started my own blacklist for my own references. This is gonna be filled with people who quit while the whitelist will be people who will not quit, so I can try to avoid all the players who are just going to leave on me and hopefully prevent it from happening Thanks to DJ Hero 2's online ranking system, every time a player quits it resets our win streak. In DJ Hero 1 this was no big deal, but going from 100 djp per battle down to 10 is really annoying and just wastes a ton of my time.

It would be even more help if the community wants to contribute to this too. I'm really only planning on putting expert players on it since there aren't really that many players on expert. Since the numbers are so low and I do see alot of repeats, it shouldn't be too hard to avoid most of the quitters. It might be easier to follow the whitelist than the blacklist, but I'll put both up just incase anyone were to run into someone that's on it.

If anyone thinks this is an incredibly bad idea, let me know and I'll keep it personal instead of posting names.

So anyway, my list just started today (10/30/10) so there aren't many players on it, but this is what I have

Whitelist

AnubisGX
DeusPayne
DJHeRobot
chrisDGAF13
El OG Loco
eZr Jake
evybabee
Hero Fingaz
KimboSlice1111
LAXNUT9
nyt3lyt3
o AFRO KUSH o
Petrie93
Sc0tt Pilgrim1
v CrApO IHDI v
vVv Fedora
vVv MBall3r
vVv mDaWg
WE50
Xenosync
xNeophyteNLx
x2fr
xP0rnSt4rZzXxxx
y0tube

Blacklist (Yeah I know it's not big yet, but it'll be growing... trust me)

BPM DJ IMMORTAL
CHIEFPOCALOTAHO
GrandSixpack06
Jurandoo321
xL3G1T Conkerx

PS3: Will be working on this tomorrow.

Whitelist

KRonIKNAtiON89

Blacklist

Sacrifice87

Last edited by mDaWg on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legit Conker, eh? I've beaten him. Lol, you must not have sandbagged hard enough. Lol, he even sent me a friend request. Oh man.

Most of the people who quit on me are those who don't bank their damn streak, and when it breaks to zero, they get all salty and rage quit. They quit not because of me, but because of their own stupid mistake!

I rarely get quitters now because of sandbagging. I wish I didn't have to, but it's the only way to get a win. It just so happens that most of my quitters are expert players. I'm not afraid of experts because they may beat me, I'm afraid they may quit. If I lose, I lose, but when they quit, grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I can't recall any quitters though, I try to move on.
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisGX wrote:

I can't recall any quitters though, I try to move on.

Which is why in this case I sort of think the whitelist will help more than the blacklist.

It seems we have 100x more quitters than we do legitimate players, so a small whitelist like this would make it easy to identify if the player is going to stay for the full game or if there's a chance they could quit.

I also absolutely hate sandbagging. I like to play this game because of how good I am at it and I like being able to hit every note in a song. purposely trying to pretend I'm not good and missing notes just isn't any fun for me at all.

avoid CHIEFPOCALOTAHO at all costs. This guy likes to randomly send me messages calling me a "poor homo faggot" saying "you wish you could afford a dual renegade deck." He even went out of his way to take a picture of his one renegade mixer connected to 2 renegade turntables.... If only he knew exactly how many turntables I really do have lol. There was no convincing this guy that I wasn't cheating on the leaderboards either. Not to mention he also refused to join a private unranked match with me, saying he knows my game and that he knows I'm just going to quit to avoid a loss.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know that when you sandbag, you don't have to miss notes, just do an empty miss to break your streak. I sandbag and still get the 100% note bonus. Lol, you were doing it wrong.

Luckily, I have yet to run into that chiefo whatever guy.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add me to the whitelist, win ratio is not of much importance to me anyways (especially with YOU guys to worry about :P).

Also, mDawg, i think it would better the community if you put next to the person's ID/gamertag what system they play on (PS3, 360, Wii). Helps out a lot to see who is who on each system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add Xenosync (myself) to the white list. I'll stay to the bitter end against anyone.

Unfortunately cannot say the same about nearly everyone I've played against on Xbox 360.

streetfarmers left on me in the 4th song of a 5, I had won, tied, won, and was winning very hard in the 4th. He's really very good at the game though, best person I've encountered thus far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacklist may help save some time for sure. do not play LyserTwee. He will leave if you get ahead of him on any song. blacklist for sure

oh.. and i found it funny his profile motto is play medium 2 win. but he was trying expert against me. i told him to stick to medium.
Kingsy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, seems like quite the idea you got there. Yes, I APPROVE! Kind of sad I'm not on the whitelist. But whatever, you know I'm good for it.

MY NAME IS KINGSY AND I APPROVE THIS THREAD!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

No but seriously, If I find people quiting out or playing on lower difficulties when their achievements don't match, I'll let ya know.
Guitar: Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Expert+
Vocals: Hard
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingsy PSN Name: theKingsy
kryptonitejesus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is nice and all, but you're not blacklisting every single player who leaves a match, right?

Cause myself for example have a 3 yr old still wearing pull-ups and I'd hope if I had to quit for a child emergency I wouldn't get added to this list.

Just sayin' not everyone who quits is doing it to be a dick.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: i am jesus bro PSN Name: silentscream51
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryptonitejesus wrote:
this is nice and all, but you're not blacklisting every single player who leaves a match, right?

Cause myself for example have a 3 yr old still wearing pull-ups and I'd hope if I had to quit for a child emergency I wouldn't get added to this list.

Just sayin' not everyone who quits is doing it to be a dick.

Nope

Only the one's who quit without explanation and end up in 2nd game with me and quit again. I haven't been playing online because of how frustrating it is, so I haven't updated this recently, but I always try to message quitters to find out exactly why they quit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gauge rage quitters by them first quitting out of our match when they are losing, then when I run into them again in the lobby, they immediately leave. If they quit for reasons other than rage, then they wouldn't be afraid to play you again.
y0tube  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wert Aus Berlin - white list
stays no matter what. nice guy to talk to as well. good sport.
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPM DJ IMMORTAL = Arrogant trashtalking quitter.

Funny story, too. So we got paired up, and I recognized his name. I assumed he wasn't a quitter because he was almost at 5,000DJP and he wasn't an avoided player. I remember him being pretty good although he couldn't beat me... It was one song star battle, and I got my pick. Pon De Floor / Axel F. So right at the end of the song, he quits because he's gonna lose.

I send him an angry message about how he has enough DJP to know better than to quit, and that he ruins online play for everyone, and that he's a selfish ass. So he trashtalks saying that he's better than me and he only lost because he didn't get to pick a song. He sends a game request. I tell him I don't play against quitters and my win streak is ruined already. He then continues to trashtalk about how I'm scared and that I can't beat him on a 5 song set, so... I took this opportunity to shut him the hell up.

We pick our 5 songs in Star Battle, and the setlist panned out to be perfectly fair since one of the songs we both picked.

Welcome To Jamrock/Twist Em Out (we both picked)
Galvanize (my pick)
Get Low/In Da Club (his pick)
Firestarter (my pick)
don't remember what his last pick was.

So I beat him on the first 3 songs, and we're about 1/3rd of the way through Firestarter when he quits. LOL. He was never heard from again.

On an even funnier note, I nearly doubled his Galvanize score.

Regardless, he is now on my avoided list, and should be blacklisted for being an arrogant trashtalking asshat who quits when he starts losing.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BM DJ IMMORTAL has been on my friends list since DJH1 but I only played him once or twice. apparently this is him:

http://www.mastahanksta.com/

Quitters in the last couple days for me:

KRAZYEYEZ1722
Toopti
oTHE DAFT PUNKo -- Kept purposely fucking up on this one, he still quits 4 songs into a 5 song set, breaking a ten game win streak. FUUUUU--

White Listers (People who stayed even when I wasn't sandbagging):

ShiraishiMinoru -- This dude is actually pretty good.
candikitty9
Morning Triggar

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, is there any feeling more satisfying than having someone play on medium and pick impossible songs to try and "trap" you, and you beat them anyway and they ragequit?

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: