ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dissappearing Star Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Dissappearing Star Power Reply with quote

Anyone else run into this?

I obviously FCed it but one of the SP phrases doesn't seem to be there.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens to me, it only seems to happen when I'm in online quickplay, not in single player. But I guess we'll need a third opinion from another system for that one O.o

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah and I'll also point out this is 360 solo quickplay for me. :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Olinea  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me in GH5 before. I'd "Excellent" SP phrases and get nothing -- sometimes I'd "Strong" them but still get it anyways. Not sure what causes it.
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is completely different though. There was no SP phrase even though there should have been. I was on Easy so I know I hit all the phrases perfectly. XP

But yeah I've gotten that Solid but still get SP situation too. The Excellent thing happens on all phrases sometimes too when you are so close to hitting it but it still breaks combo thinking it's a Solid. =\

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's for getting star power out of those phrases, and I'm sure you mean "solid" - Rock Band terminology is "strong" :P

Still, the glitch didn't happen to me in GH:WoR yet (the star power from those phrases one); are you sure you managed to get everything from there?

Also, here's another consideration: doesn't the chart only have 5 SP phrases anyway? I've watched both mine and Parz's runs on this song to be sure; might have been an error on the programmers' parts here >_>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on Easy so I'm sure.

But I did just take a look at the chart on Ruby Dangers and there seems to be a SP charted on thin air...that may be what is causing this. Because my picture clearly shows 6 phrases.

So nvm.

Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be related to a similar glitch in GH5 where you would occasionally complete an SP phrase - even with an Excellent - but not actually earn SP.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That glitch was already brought up. This was more related to the confusion of missing actual star power phrase placement in certain songs; in this case, star power in dead air that can't be obtained for some reason. But we appreciate the concern :P

Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
That glitch was already brought up. This was more related to the confusion of missing actual star power phrase placement in certain songs; in this case, star power in dead air that can't be obtained for some reason. But we appreciate the concern :P

Wait, you mean that wasn't a joke? They really charted an SP phrase to a section with no lyrics?
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
Wooffus wrote:

Wait, you mean that wasn't a joke? They really charted an SP phrase to a section with no lyrics?

And it's not just a glitch with the chart as the stats screen really does show 5/6 no matter if you FC it or not.

Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Man, that's terrible. Easy to miss in testing, but still...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: