Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ontwikseltsaar reviews: leet necro: Intestinal Apocalypse [...]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Ontwikseltsaar reviews: leet necro: Intestinal Apocalypse [. Reply with quote

Ever since the first of these topics had been created I've felt the urge to make one myself. I'm usually not one for sitting down and listening to new music for an extended period of time, but I'm gonna do this, damnit! And since I'm an advocate of schedules, I'm gonna do it right, too! oh man, this might turn out so very very ironic... *shivers*

I'm a slow writer (for some reason I always think twice thrice millions of times about wording and nuances). However, I do like to write.

So here we go, recommend me music to listen to in December. Everything goes, it's really your choice. You can recommend mock albums, I WILL listen to them, or just albums you think are good. If I already listened to an album, I'll give you the chance to change your mind (since you might want to really have me listening to something new), but that's still really your choice. Obvious recs are accepted, too. I like to think that if something is good, I'll like it. There is actually only ONE rule:

*edited*

For a general idea of what I mainly listen to, you can take a look at my last.fm account or this tag cloud. I have to say, though, that less than a month ago I cleared my listening data on last.fm, because I didn't feel it was accurate. It's not bad right now, but it seems kind of one-dimensional now. I really listen to everything, though. I like trance, the occasional hip hop track, trip hop, I like all varieties of rock, folk music, whatever. Just anything good that comes my way and tickles my ears. So...

Rec away!

EDIT: Here's some information about what my reviews will look like: They are gonna have a little picture of me showing what I generally think of the album, as well as a rating out of 100. I'm gonna recommend tracks to listen to, and if not, I'll explain my reasoning behind it. I'm going to try and convey what I feel about a certain album first and foremost, but I'll be trying to discuss instrumentation and vocals, song structure and originality (among other things) objectively as well as subjectively.

Keywords are "try" and "trying". This is what I hope to do with my reviews. I like writing and I hope I'll be able to keep this up, but I can't guarantee anything.

Warm-up album: "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel {RYM} [90/100] (recommended by Fugitive, supported by POKE-JJ)

01/12 "Buck Fever" by Estradasphere {RYM} [92/100] (recommended by TheLonging)
02/12 "All I Have to Offer is My Own Confusion" by Fireworks {RYM} [70/100] (recommended by SeaMoney)
03/12 "Hospice" by The Antlers {RYM} [89/100] (recommended by Fugitive)
04/12 "Intestinal Apocalypse Upon the Bloody Altar of the Apocalypse" by Young Breezy and Ryles the Great {RYM} [63/100] (recommended by arte)
05/12 "Bona Drag" by Morrissey (recommended by SteroidPirate)
06/12 "Kezia" by Protest the Hero (recommended by Simpsonfreak17)
07/12 "Through Silver in Blood" by Neurosis (recommended by Eastwinn)
08/12 "Frames" by Oceansize (recommended by Parama)
09/12 "For Those Who Have Heart" by A Day to Remember (recommended by JTHomeslice)
10/12 "We're Only in it for the Money" by The Mothers of Invention (recommended by Bendover)
11/12 "Überjam" by John Scofield Band (recommended by karatechess)
12/12 "Love" by The Cult (recommended by Olinea)
13/12 "Them Crooked Vultures" by Them Crooked Vultures (recommended by cdylan13)
14/12 "Concealing Fate" by Tesseract (recommended by Vampyromaniac)
15/12 "Street Gospels" by Bedouin Soundclash (recommended by iam1337)
16/12 "AWAKE" by L'Arc-en-Ciel (recommended by NavyCherub
17/12 "Hold Your Colour" by Pendulum (recommended by Venim619)
18/12 "Hello Rockview" by Less Than Jake (recommended by ScreamingEvil)
19/12 "De Profundis" by The Cracow Klezmer Band (recommended by machchunk)
20/12 "Amesoeurs" by Amesoeurs (recommended by MetalManiac3021)
21/12 "Sisterworld" by Liars (recommended by thecaptainof)
22/12 "Either/Or" by Elliott Smith (recommended by vosnos)
23/12 "Ænima" by Tool (recommended by BNghfreak12)
24/12 "Deja Entendu" by Brand New (recommended by JackFr)
25/12 "Strangers in the Night" by UFO (recommended by jesse0986)
26/12 "Crack the Skye" by Mastodon (recommended by BioHazardABZ)
27/12 "Live at Jittery Joe's" by Jeff Mangum (recommended by Southparkhero)
28/12 "Fight with Tools" by Flobots (recommended by uSound)
29/12 "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys" by My Chemical Romance (recommended by Raikri999)
30/12 "Mozaiq" by Blood Stain Child (recommended by Mike65707)
31/12 "The Blueprint 3" by Jay-Z (recommended by parzrevenge)

01/01/11 "Slash" by Slash (recommended by andrechi14)

Last edited by Ontwikseltsaar on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 45 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, you should totally sign up on RateYourMusic and do the reviews there <___<

Estradasphere - Buck Fever

band name first

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In celebration of their new EP coming out on December 9th (and because it's nearly the complete opposite of your usual taste), listen to these dudes:

Fireworks - All I Have to Offer is My Confusion

This is surprisingly the first time I've recommended this album here, despite it quite possibly being my favorite album ever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
For what it's worth, you should totally sign up on RateYourMusic and do the reviews there <___<

...what's the "<___<" for?

Anyway, albums added.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: My taste, my rules: Album-a-day! (December) Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
I WON'T BE LISTENING TO IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA. I heard a lot about it, mostly that it's an amazing album, but I never actually listened to it, and I am not gonna. It's not because I don't like indie rock, it's not because I don't like ANY specific attribute or distinct property or style of the band or whatever, it's JUST a silly rule I wanted to make.

It makes me so unbelievably sad that you can dismiss something without even trying it. I really can't think of any words to express how disappointing it is that people can make opinions without ever having experienced what they've formulated that opinion on.

----

Edit: Changed my mind on the album I wanted you to review.
The Antlers - Hospice

Last edited by Fugitive on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk, I just recommend RYM to everyone I know :P

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: My taste, my rules: Album-a-day! (December) Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
I WON'T BE LISTENING TO IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA. I heard a lot about it, mostly that it's an amazing album, but I never actually listened to it, and I am not gonna. It's not because I don't like indie rock, it's not because I don't like ANY specific attribute or distinct property or style of the band or whatever, it's JUST a silly rule I wanted to make.

It makes me so unbelievably sad that you can dismiss something without even trying it. I really can't think of any words to express how disappointing it is that people can make opinions without ever having experienced what they've formulated that opinion on.

Pretty much this. ITAOTS takes a few listens to understand the complexity of it - completely dismissing it makes me very upset. I hated it at first but once I understood it, ITAOTS is now one of my favourite albums.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intestinal Apocalypse upon the Bloody Altar of the Apocalypse - Young Breezy and Ryles the Great
SteroidPirate  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Avery Island - Neutral Milk Hotel

Simpsonfreak17  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezia - Protest the Hero

Graciously documenting our future retards

Last edited by Simpsonfreak17 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: simpsonfreak17
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: My taste, my rules: Album-a-day! (December) Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
Pretty much this. ITAOTS takes a few listens to understand the complexity of it - completely dismissing it makes me very upset. I hated it at first but once I understood it, ITAOTS is now one of my favourite albums.

The complexity of it? I think you've overestimated it there.

Through Silver In Blood - Neurosis
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: My taste, my rules: Album-a-day! (December) Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
There is actually only ONE rule:

This makes little to no sense. You don't want to listen to an album, but you have no basis for why you don't want to listen to it. Why can't you just say "I'm not really interested in listening to the album" or "I don't want to listen to it"? No one's going to chew you out.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: My taste, my rules: Album-a-day! (December) Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
POKE-JJ wrote:

The complexity of it? I think you've overestimated it there.

Through Silver In Blood - Neurosis

took me 20 listens to love ITAOTS, but when I did, I loved it. I guess it's complex in a way

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: My taste, my rules: Album-a-day! (December) Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:

Good thing he didn't do that.

JODIsBack wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
There is actually only ONE rule:

This makes little to no sense. You don't want to listen to an album, but you have no basis for why you don't want to listen to it. Why can't you just say "I'm not really interested in listening to the album" or "I don't want to listen to it"? No one's going to chew you out.

Uhh, isn't that exactly what he said?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oceansize - Frames

Because the last person I gave this one to never reviewed it <.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: