ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - it's heeeeeere.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - it's heeeeeere. Reply with quote

Info, thread, discuss, etc.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I was just wondering earlier today how much longer it would be until a new elder scrolls game would be announced. I really hope they fix the leveling up system in this one, and make the monsters not level up with you... I felt like those detracted from gameplay in some ways, once you realize a level up will not do you much good just because you wanted to use whichever skills were convenient at the time, so now you only get a +1 or 2 bonus while the monsters around you get stronger also. Aside from that the last two were AMAZING. The freedom they give you is hard to come by, especially in console games.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was doing a bit of aimless skill grinding in Oblivion yesterday and got to thinking about how I wish it'd been done differently. The best conclusion my idle brain could come up with was "it'd be better if they used the leveling system from Fallout 3, but without the stupid arbitrary level cap". I thought I might have a look to see if there's a mod for that, but figured such a major element couldn't really be sorted by modding. I was playing the Xbox version anyway, it's been a while since I touched the PC version. Speaking of which...

I'm gonna make a promise to myself right now, so that hopefully I'll remember later: however much cheaper and more convenient it may be, I am not going to get the PC version of Skyrim unless I get a new computer or severely upgrade my existing one before then. I learned my lesson with New Vegas, which I've still barely even touched 'cos my computer is in a fairly permanent state of 'being a dick' - I'm waiting to get the Xbox version for Christmas.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
slfan68  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there's dragons in the new game. That would be extremely epic. Have to build a new desktop by November so I can play the pc version of an elder scrolls game above 30 fps.
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:
I hope there's dragons in the new game. That would be extremely epic. Have to build a new desktop by November so I can play the pc version of an elder scrolls game above 30 fps.

I believe I did hear that they confirmed dragons will make a return in this one. I think I read it over on UESP.

This news makes me want to play Oblivion again. Haven't played it since my saves got deleted a year ago..

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:

The teaser trailer all but says "here be dragons". Y'know, what with there being a dragon in it, an' all.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
slfan68  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
slfan68 wrote:

The teaser trailer all but says "here be dragons". Y'know, what with there being a dragon in it, an' all.

The Elder Scrolls has been the title of the series since Arena but an actual scroll never appeared in-game before Oblivion. Just sayin', with Bethesda just because it appears in something relating to the game doesn't mean it's actually in the game.
Hak  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY.

Nothing more needs to be said.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaand confirmation that the old Gamebryo engine has gone bye-bye and we've got something else. Hopefully something less bug-tacular.

http://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/14010984884604929

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited that this is finally being released. I LOVED Oblivion, so here's hoping this one is even better! I'm sure the new engine will help with that in monumental ways.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES.

YES YES YES YES YES.

O.M.G. YES.
Fug  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hell fucking yes. I've been waiting for this news for a while.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they would make this announcement after I sell my xbox I'll have to convince my buddy to buy it for the PS3.....
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably won't buy this until I get a gaming rig. I won't be able to run it on this and the modding scene for these games is great.

Still, having a definite release date is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: