Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Naruto42: CFH, Misirlou, IYWPPFW, SwtA and JIHKY FC! TTFAF 99% 917k
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero 1: Texas Flood 100% overstrum (reverse choke)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ggnztV45z8

This was a warmup run, I did this in my 10-15 first minutes of playing so I was quite happy with this actually.

Then I spent the next 3 hours plinking everywhere on this song.

Now this run hurts. Way more than when I did it.

But I guess it's some GH1 progress... I also somehow managed to FC Cowboys From Hell 3x outside of the impossible weird af snake ...

Any tips on this please? I've tried this focusing on different notes, tried to see different things in this, even to use Y hopos and all hopos, but it is just so ugly I can't even hit this on GH3PC forced strums lmao

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Jellu  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, being good at something at first and then losing your skill is the worst (like speeding -1 in thirty minutes and then 6 hours later.... -.-). That "snake" was the hardest part for me, too. Unfortunately there's no trick to it, just strum straight through it focusing on fretting and hope you get lucky. And for the love of god don't choke.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Adohu  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texas flood you just gotta kinda be lucky on. its really easy to miss in random places--a lot like crossroads in that way. youll get it soon im sure.

as for cowboys from hell, that was prolly the hardest on-disc song for me. if i were you id just say to pay little attention to the fretting and focus moreso on the strumming. this part sucks but i found if i focused too much on getting my fingers perfectly accurate id screw up. so try ignoring your left hand and just goin autopilot on the bitch

strum accentuate your strum DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys, long time no see! Here's what I did on GH while I was inactive on Scorehero!

20 Oct 2016

TTFAF Bridge 1 FC.
Quite the ride. It took me so long. Long ago, I managed to get the trill and the ending but never together. I practiced again today and with some new methods and through retries, I got it!

Here's my crazy method (disclaimer: GH3PC, might be more difficult on console)

B1 Trill
1. Get there in 4th position

2 1 2 1 2 1

2. Slide to yellow (nothing unusual yet) and HOLD IT (!)

1 212 3 21212 3 212 1 (red for tap, green for ghost)
As you can see, I'm fretting chimneys here (exemple pattern: OYBOBY, repeat) because I'm good at these and with some ghosting, it could be played as chimneys. And it worked!
It also works fretting descending trips

3. Slide to green and one-hand zig

12 3 2 1 2 3 3

B1 Ending

212 321 21232 1 (repeat 3x. also add once ghost note after every tap, because my left index slides to red or yellow)
Yes. Chimneys again. That's really nice that I'm good at chimneys or Bridge 1 would've remained in my way to GH3 setlist Tech FC lol.

With B1 out of my way, now the whole GH3 setlist is Tech FC, and I'm only missing 3 strums in the DLC setlist (Devil intro + Devil verse 2 + JIHKY Hard Rain)

22 Oct 2016

Surfing with the Alien FC

WOW! Fucking nice! GHX and me were at my place racing for this FC, each of us on his own laptop, and I won, so he witnessed it live and IRL ^_^

For 1A, basically my guitar has really nice frets, especially the orange which doesn't need a high pressure to be hit, so I could alt-tap only with my right hand (index and middle finger). Also I needed a "regular alt-tap" to start the trill so I could give some time to my right arm to go from the ""elbow strum position" to the "right hand alt-tap position".

For 2D, I really fluked it tbh, regular alt-tap at my max speed, which seemed to be just the right speed if I could start early and end late or something. The transitions though, I tried to remember if I needed to end on left hand or right hand tap but I couldn't execute that, so I just YOLO'd because I was kinda alright on 1A and I didn't wanna practice 2D too much. Also because we were does full runs side-to-side with GHX so I didn't want to go to practice, just wanted to retry and pray

In the end, I has a lot of misses at the very end on 1A trill, don't know if my arm was getting tired or if I just did something just before the blue note at the end.
Only 1 choke I think, in 2D!

This is how I start the 1A trill:

2121 21112111

Keep going with the right hand and focus on left hand for changes.

On the DLC setlist, now only missing 6 songs: 3 DF, Devil, Soothsayer and JIHKY

29 Oct 2016

GH2 - Misirlou FC #60/64 - 198/211 - 633/660
60 FCs on GH2 and 2 to go for 200/211!

Wooooooo this was so hard for me, espacially this damn intro, but after a lot of practice on the intro and with GHX's advices, I could finally get it yes!
He was also at my place for this. He was so disappointed with all my misses on this song since I'm playing on PS2 PAL lol.

5 July 2017
JIHKY Hard Rain FC => Tech FC
Only missing both TDWDTG strums for full GH3 setlist + DLC Tech FC

Whew it took some time to build the strumming consistency for this, really happy to finally get that section!

12 July 2017

WOW I still can't believe I just broke 900k on TTFAF! I'm in the last 100k to TTFAF FC LOL!

But there's even more fucking impressive...

THIS 1716 STREAK COMES FROM FCING UP TO BRIDGE 2!!!

BRIDGE 1 FC IN A REAL RUN BABY!!!

Video here (you can see here the method previously described for B1 in action LOL)

19 July 2017

TTFAF 99%!!! Also new highscore with 917k!!!
One more percent to go

4 August 2017
TDWDTG Verse 2 FC
Retries and retries... Having practiced and FCed JIHKY's strumming recently probably helped lol

TDWDTG Intro with speedhack (speed 95%) FC
I think this section on 95% was a bit harder than Verse 2 Full Speed lol

So this intro is the last section for full GH3 setlist + DLC Tech FC, and I got it on 95% speed, nice

18 August 2017
OGaP: -1 (twice) on the chords in Solo Fill II (which are far from my most inconsistent section) but I've kinda given up on it (for now), because I wasted sooooooo much time grinding this already, and I'm getting less consistent at everything.

I will get it one day, but not soon.

20 August 2017

Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya FC

Fuck yes I've been wanting that FC for some time, even though it's just strumming speed so it wasn't that fun to practice lol!
With a lot of practice on "Hard Rain", my speed built up until I hit it once. Then some more practice, and I got somehow consistent. Some more and I was pretty consistent. Then the grinding! Wasn't that bad. Still cool FC, practicing once in a while for 1-2 hours was enough.

On the DLC setlist, now only missing 5 songs: 3 DF, Devil and Soothsayer

16 Sep 2017

GH:WoR - If You Want Peace... Prepare For War FC #86/93 - 634/660

YESSSS! Difficult solo! But wth some practice I could get the full solo a few times, and then the grind paid off!

Also, Speeding -1 on "In The Lead" trill, nothing unusual, although I'm pretty consistent on this section, the hardest parts for me are some "In the Corner" parts, and Speeding Riff 5

14 Jan 2018

GH1 - Cowboys From Hell FC #42/47 - 199/211 - 635/660
That's the lowest song in the BD gone, and more importantly...
NEXT OLD SCHOOL FC IS 200/211!!!

As for the FC, it was extremely painful as I previously had several unsuccessful grind sessions.
I think before today, I never FCd the snake, but this was finally the day. I even ended up wasting more time on the stupid verses than everything else.
Also I had 2 post-solo chokes, sorry Jellu xD
I kept going though and got it, so that's 3 post-solo FC today lmao, not bad for the first day I hit the snake!

I got another reverse choke on Texas Flood too, so hopefully I can get that for the 200/211 soon :D

New Breakdown !

And this Cowboys From Hell FC allows me to reduce remove some lines from the image!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, man! Glad to have you back

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: