ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:Wor Drums FC breakdown.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoalfieldRocker wrote:
bloodlines on X really isnt that bad, there's one mediocre fill and the blasts in the outro. i realize that blasting is a pretty big individual weakness for a lot of drummers but as far as blasting goes they arent really difficult (again, this is on expert) especially for someone with 2 pedals.

1. It should be obvious that, since this is an Expert list, the general consensus of the song's difficulty is meant to be judged by usage of only one pedal, as many players don't have access to double bass.

2. As you said, a lot of people have trouble blasting, but contrary to the point you were attempting to make, that's exactly the reason why it's so high in difficulty on the list: the majority of players have trouble with it.

3. The actual blasts themselves aren't considered the hardest part; it's the bass accompanying the blasts, and though it is easier with double bass, the general assumption is that only one pedal is used, as I've stated in point #1.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:Wor Drums FC breakdown. Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Black Widow Of La Porte
Speeding (Vault Version)
Deadfall
Indians
2112 Pt. 4 – Presentation
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due.
Burn
This Day We Fight
Bloodlines
2112 Pt. 7 – Grand Finale
Bat Country
Fury Of The Storm
Chemical Warfare

My take on these songs:

Deadfall
Indians
This Day We Fight
Black Widow Of La Porte
Speeding (Vault Version)
Bloodlines
Burn
Bat Country
Chemical Warfare
Fury Of The Storm

- Speeding and BWoLP should be around the same as 2112 Pt. 7
- Bloodlines > 2112 Pt. 7 (well, depending on whether or not you use double bass. When using double bass for the blasts, I'd say it's about the same as TDWF)
- Burn beats TDWF, Bloodlines and 2112 Pt. 7
- FotS is easily the hardest FC in the game imo (Chemical Warfare also has 5 FC's total, vs. FotS' 3 FC's)
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed stuff a bit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: GH:Wor Drums FC breakdown. Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants
Psychosocial
Move It On Over (Live)
Nemesis
If You Want Peace... Prepare For War
Deadfall
Indians
This Day We Fight
Bloodlines
Black Widow Of La Porte
Speeding (Vault Version)
Burn
Bat Country
Chemical Warfare
Fury Of The Storm

I thought I'd put in my two cents, so here's my list:

Nemesis
Psychosocial
Move It On Over (Live)
Black Widow Of La Porte
If You Want Peace... Prepare For War
Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
Indians
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Deadfall
2112 Pt. 4- Presentation
This Day We Fight
2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale
Speeding (Vault Version)
Bloodlines
Bat Country
Burn
Chemical Warfare
Fury Of The Storm

Allow me to justify some of these opinions. Nemesis is freaking easy, literally my second run, restarted after intro, I FC'ed it. Practically an SR. The only reason it stays this high up is because of the relatively fast bass. Black Widow of La Porte, -1 first try. This has no business being right behind Speeding. It's probably easier than Psychosocial. Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants is stupid. Took me at least 10 tries to get past the intro, then I missed in a random spot. Definitely harder than Black Widow. Nothing in Indians is very tough at all, same with Holy Wars. A case can be made for Indians >Holy Wars. Deadfall isn't TOO hard, but there is a quirk with the fill after the first chorus that can be really annoying, plus the moderately fast rolls. Presentation is tough, and so is This Day We Fight. Grand Finale isn't that bad once you know how to hit everything, plus its only like 2 minutes. As far as I see it, it could be easier than This Day We Fight. Speeding is still in 6th, I see it as interchangeable with Bloodlines. I have a hard time getting to the blasts in Bloodlines, actually I've never gotten that far with an FC, and the blasts are tough. Burn is 6 minutes long with rolls until the end of the song. Bat Country is only 4 with only 2 tough parts. Burn is much harder than Bat Country as far as I see it.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis - Intro and the roll afterwards. most forgiving on the list grinding wise after it.

If You Want Peace...Prepare for War - It's all fundamentals. Few tricky parts but nothing bad.

This Day We Fight - m27-28 im weak at.

Psychosocial - I'm only posting this below others because i guess im too inconsistent. sometimes easy fc, other times i miss every other tricky part.

Move It On Over (Live) - Tiring, a pain to play, and for a song without any section thats hard, its individual parts arnt close to its whole.

Speeding (Vault Version) - m161. not sure why everyone is ranking this so high

Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants - Intro. I fault this more to shitty drums.

Indians - hate this song, to play, to hear, to grind. And i think i do way worse than i should.

Deadfall - triplet rolls are the hard parts. Short and easier to grind.

Black Widow Of La Porte - So much grinding. None of those sections are the same, strictly remember how to hit each. plus they stick one in the final seconds of a 8 minute song.

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due - Intro roll.

Bloodlines - the blasts are all timing abuse if you cant do the bass on beat for the duration (like me)

2112 Pt. 4- Presentation - BG roll

2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale - outro of course. cant do it with my set.

Burn - Tons of stuff, fast and long. Techniques and the rolls aren't the hardest though.

Chemical Warfare - Thankfully they're not WE rolls, but its still nuts.

Bat Country - I don't ever see myself hitting this.

Fury Of The Storm - Overall hardest, although i think for me i could do this before Bat Country.

Any of the songs that have 13-15nps rolls, but thats the only hard part i ranked higher than most people seem too. After all the years of GH drums i imagine mine have had it, they drop a ton. I can hit those just fine in all the other games, so maybe its a combo of the drums and the engine.

Songs like Deadfall, Holy Wars, and It's Only Another Parsec should be a lot easier.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeding is NOT that hard. It shouldn't be higher than 60..

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye speeding on Expert isn't bad at all.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
Speeding is NOT that hard. It shouldn't be higher than 60..

What? Ok perhaps a slight use of hyperbole was in order. However, I don't see how you don't see its difficulty. Especially when compared with BWoLP. Every fill in Speeding is probably harder than any fill you could present from BWoLP. I don''t get it. Those two RBGGRBGG... sections are TOUGH. Plus that fill in between those, plus the outro, I mean its hard.
ElementOfZero wrote:
Chemical Warfare - Thankfully they're not WE rolls, but its still nuts.

Bat Country - I don't ever see myself hitting this.

Fury Of The Storm - Overall hardest, although i think for me i could do this before Bat Country.

Any of the songs that have 13-15nps rolls, but thats the only hard part i ranked higher than most people seem too. After all the years of GH drums i imagine mine have had it, they drop a ton. I can hit those just fine in all the other games, so maybe its a combo of the drums and the engine.

I hope you only put Bat Country harder than Chemical Warfare because of this apparent drum issue of yours, because from my perspective there is no way in hell Bat Country is even close.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit all the CW rolls in practice. No where close to Bat Country drum solo thing.

BeastinIsMyGame wrote:
Those two RBGGRBGG... sections are TOUGH. Plus that fill in between those, plus the outro, I mean its hard.

They don't really compare, imo. I hit all those with LRRR, and I'd wager anyone that tries RLRL cross-unders will find them easier than I do.

Outro is nothing on Speeding. No on is forcing you to play the swell, ignore it and there's nothing to it. It is literally playing two notes in a measure. Now, look at BWoLP's outro after 8 minutes.

I'm interested in seeing why Tim put it so low. If it's the aforementioned RBGG sections, to me they're easier than Deadfall's stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I've hit all the CW rolls in practice. No where close to Bat Country drum solo thing.

Apparently we have different strengths, I've hit Bat Country's solo thing in a real run and I have yet to tech fc CW because of Warfare Verse.
Ok, I can see Speeding being placed easier on the list, but that's only along with BWoLP. I don't see anything in Black Widow that's hard at all. I couldn't tell you what the outro looks like because I never had trouble with it. I mean, I got BWoLP second try. I've tried Speeding about 20 and I'm still not close. So maybe its just me.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm not sure what you're having trouble with in speeding, really the only hard part is that triplet tom roll during the double bass section (minus the expert+ of course). And even then without the actual double bass charting it's just a general triplet roll, just very fast with a crossover.

The RBGG really aren't too bad to hit if you do them LRLR or cross over, honestly I can hit every fill (minus the triplet roll) in Speeding every time. The quads in BWoLP are incredibly chokable for me however.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
The quads in BWoLP are incredibly chokable for me however.

The problem is that they're not quads. They're not really anything. And they're all different. First set looks like quintuplets. Last one is 16th notes. And the middle one is a mix.

Snare stays on beat, but that's about it.

Speeding and BWoLP both need to move up the list though. Around where Deadfall and Indians currently are.

BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Nubnut wrote:
The quads in BWoLP are incredibly chokable for me however.

The problem is that they're not quads. They're not really anything. And they're all different. First set looks like quintuplets. Last one is 16th notes. And the middle one is a mix.

Snare stays on beat, but that's about it.

The slight difference in blue positions shouldn't cause a whole lot of trouble with this engine. It's just LRLR or LRL, I don't get why that's so hard. I concur that they both should move up though, right below Deadfall sounds good. And for my problem with Speeding, its not that triplet roll, I hit that 9 times out of 10, its those crossovers :p.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: