ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 12 Leagues - Preliminary Signups Open!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddaket  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people playing below their skill level argument gets a little weird because, yes I can FC every song on Hard, but if I moved up to Expert, I'd be in the same boat as the people who are less good at Hard are now. Let's say there are 3 people.

Alfred has 50 FCs on Hard.
Blake has 65 FCs on Hard and 50 FCs on Expert.
Casey has 65 FCs on Expert.

Alfred is going to play in the Hard league and Casey is going to play in the Expert league, but what is Blake to do? If he plays on Expert, he is going to be in the same situation Alfred would be if he played on Hard. Someone has to go in with people much better than he is.

If we could have two divisions in the Hard leagues and made it more fair, that would be great. However there is no way we are going to have enough people for that.
Roenja89  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't people adjust their goals according to the strength of the league? There's no point in setting a goal of which you know you'd never achieve, given the other players in that league...

So if you want to set a goal, set one in relation to the other people... If you know for a fact that you're not as good as the top-players, wouldn't a goal like "Best of the rest" sound more interesting?

P.S. Goals are personal anyways... So if everyone is trying to squeeze the h3ll out of their @$$ to just improve themselves, we'd all have a great time!

P.P.S. I can't wait for the leagues to start!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 6089842497596363
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was coming here to post basically what eddaket posted. I was one of the top hard players once upon a time and always did well in leagues. I played hard simply because I enjoyed it. I liked the squeezing aspect of the game and not worrying about FCing a song. Now I'm doing expert, and guess what? There's probably dozens of people in this like that will rape me up the butt in WoR X meaning I have basically no chance at winning, but does that mean I shouldn't even bother signing up since I pretty much know I won't win?

I do the leagues to improve my skill and have fun. How are you supposed to strive to do better if you don't want all the really good players to sign up? Just think of beating one of the top players in a song each week as a goal and you might surprise yourself. Having really good players in your league will stop you from FCing a song once and going "Yeah, I guess that's good enough," and you'll play it until you get a score you probably didn't know you could ever get.

To be perfectly honest, I would HATE to be the best player in my league. That really give me know motivation to try and improve. You should WANT an insane player or two in the league you're in to make you actually work for your place. In sports, do you just not play if your team sucks? My football team went 1-9 my senior year, and yeah we had a lot of players that just quit because they didn't see any reason to play if they were going to win a fuckload of games, and that really pissed me off. We worked our asses off to get that one win that season, and it was a great accomplishment for us.

And for those of you that don't want a great hard player signing up for a hard league, I'm sure there are plenty of even less skilled members looking at you and thinking "Oh shit, why did HE have to sign up? Now there's no way I can win." I just hope that's not discouraging them from signing up and doing their best.

I was seriously considering signing up for GH3H since I haven't done any hard in a very long time and there's definitely a ton of scores I've been wanting to redux, but it's probably best for me to just focus on one league, especially if I have people that will literally hate me for signing up for a league that I find fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whining people are whining lol.

A LOT of people see Hard as a way to squeeze and not because it's so hard to FC stuff..

I almost want to pick GH3H just for the fun of it.
I never really played Hard on though GH3..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to dominate .
Harp00n  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Now I'm doing expert, and guess what? There's probably dozens of people in this like that will rape me up the butt in WoR X meaning I have basically no chance at winning, but does that mean I shouldn't even bother signing up since I pretty much know I won't win?

The difference is that in expert in most leagues there is a lot of signups and it gets split into divisions, you get put where you should be so you would not be playing against the best players who can fc everything if you cannot. Whereas in GH3H there will only just be enough to run one division and then the worst players have no choice but to play the absolute best players gving them little hope of being competitive (not necessarily winning).

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
I do the leagues to improve my skill and have fun.

Last season I played Metallica and was stuck in expert as hard was cancelled and i finished way last on every song (I couldnt even finish some of them). I'd rather play expert again but this time be in the lowest division of it and have half a hope of being close to some other people, so that's what i'm doing.

If anything, it's those who are staying in hard when they belong in expert who do not want to improve by playing better players. I would have played hard if it had of been played with hard skilled players, but it's going to be like having a Sunday league team playing in the Premier leauge against Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea - pointless.
Ba1r0g  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when are round 2 sign ups gonna start?

Fug  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harp00n wrote:
If anything, it's those who are staying in hard when they belong in expert who do not want to improve by playing better players. I would have played hard if it had of been played with hard skilled players, but it's going to be like having a Sunday league team playing in the Premier leauge against Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea - pointless.

No offense to you or anyone else that has trouble FCing songs on hard, but I can guarantee you that 9/10 people planning on doing the hard league are in it for the squeezing aspect of it, which you can easily improve on even if you are typically an expert player since most of the hard players are good squeezers, which can't be said for a lot of expert players. If anything, the hard league will have more competition for squeezers meaning it would be the most appropriate league to join if you want a squeeze war (newuser and Bj0rn alone would make for tougher squeezing competition than everyone that I've seen in the WoR expert league so far).

And no, I won't do GH3H. Sorry, newuser. :P

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba1r0g wrote:
So when are round 2 sign ups gonna start?

Monday it looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for wor expert, my goal is 2nd to last.
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about if ALL the really skilled players do Hard, then those of us that suck can do expert and stand a chance of winning?
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could like, you know, up the ante and try a little harder to win instead of just complaining. just a thought.

also gh3 is no fun to squeeze compared to newer games. the infinite hopo window is a huge pain in the ass for some songs and everyone has all the right paths to gh3... and you dont have to activate SP before hitting the note, you can do both at the same time. thats terrible form (imo) and took a lot of getting used to for me on GHA...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
everyone has all the right paths to gh3...

you better not have too many secret paths for WoR...

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
Harp00n wrote:

No offense to you or anyone else that has trouble FCing songs on hard, but I can guarantee you that 9/10 people planning on doing the hard league are in it for the squeezing aspect of it, which you can easily improve on even if you are typically an expert player since most of the hard players are good squeezers, which can't be said for a lot of expert players. If anything, the hard league will have more competition for squeezers meaning it would be the most appropriate league to join if you want a squeeze war (newuser and Bj0rn alone would make for tougher squeezing competition than everyone that I've seen in the WoR expert league so far).

And no, I won't do GH3H. Sorry, newuser. :P

it's ok. i'll let you slide this time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
everyone has all the right paths to gh3...

you better not have too many secret paths for WoR...

i havent pathed hardly any songs yet. hopefully most of the leagues songs are tweakable, though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: