ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jellu: GH H Guitar FSFC! Jordan Solo B+C FC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:
Congrats! I've never hit Shred to Glory B, although I've never really tried too hard. And I've never hit Satch D, which I have tried quite a bit (method please?). Crazy stuff...chokes are just painful at this stage, I feel your pain on that.

Misirlou?! There's a big gap between that and the rest of your missing songs IMO.

Thanks. For Satch Boogie D, drop the green sustain as soon as you hit it and move to 4th position:
-

Start on time, it is very easy to go fast enough (or even too fast) with this method. Move your index finger on the Y (and later R) right after hitting the orange with 2. In other words, don't try to 7th orange BEFORE moving to yellow, try to do them simultaneously. Also, as long as you switch the lowest note early, there isn't really any risk of skipping the orange. After the part described above, just use one finger to tap as fast as you can and try to switch early. Eventually you should hit it, as long as you can tap fast enough.

In other news, I did play some Misirlou today, the best I got was Break 2 "choke", but then the guitar broke... Probably fixable, but we'll see.

Thereafter, I switched to PS3 and WoR. I finally hit the full solo in Sudden Death (twice)! The big development there being a drastic increase in Solo A consistency, although the ending of Solo B was also better than ever and that sure helped

Verse 2 was quite easy, and I got 4 runs up to Solo B today alone (approximately doubling my all time stats), unfortunately Solo B was just terrible every time that happened. I also got Verse 2 and Solo B on the same run today (misses in Chorus 1, Break, Solo A and C) so just a terrible run all around. The pre-strumming part of Solo B was exceptionally bad today, explaining the lack of results in the terms of FC/HS.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STGB is a gnarly section, congrats on shrinking the already tiny list of un-FCd sections!

Sucks about the Satch "choke" (although solo E is a dumb miss regardless lol). I suppose I have one of those as well, although since I've never hit solo F it's hard for me to call that a choke. I'm sure you'll nail the FC soon enough!

Sounds like SD is also becoming a real possibility! Pretty crazy that you're working on songs of that caliber now... especially considering what you're missing in GH2 haha. Sucks to hear about your guitar, hopefully you can get that fixed and clean up in that game. I don't deserve to be ahead of you in FCs!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu've got this, Jellu! You're already beyond anything I could do, but I'm sure you can get it done.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@alexhaz64 - thanks! Recently I got another section off my list
@voidedalive2x - thanks!

Merry Christmas everyone! It was once again time to visit my parents for multiple days and therefore I had a chance to play GH. Also, I recently bought a Gibson from my friend and it actually works well, so well in fact that I'm now quite sure my previous suckage at Misirlou/BatH/Trogdor has been due to flickering frets and other such guitar-related issues, since they all got A LOT easier now.

So easy, in fact, that I FCd Misirlou on Christmas eve... twice. Especially with this Gibson is hard to activate at strummings so at first I just went for the FC intentionally disregarding the path. Had 4 or 5 FCs up to Break 2 in a very brief time and once even FCd past it to have an embarrassing outro choke. But then about 10 minutes later I got the FC. Misirlou actually felt so easy now that I decided to go for a proper score. Unfortunately, since I can't activate using select at the end of Verse 1, I had to tilt up and hope for the best. For my high score (that I got after the FC), 374,5k, it luckily worked but overall it was inconsistent, so inconsistent that I FCd Misirlou again but since the guitar didn't activate the score sucked again... oh well, I decided it's not worth it to keep rolling the dice, my GH2 scores are terrible anyway.

On Christmas eve (I think...) I also FCd Trogdor's strumming on hard in practice, and got a 100% os on expert, the os being at the orange sustain. 2 days later...

Also FCd BatH solo D 3 times over the holidays (had probably 5 overall before). Got some -1s and 2 kinda sorta almost chokes at the last few notes of solo D. BatH is clearly the easiest one left on expert.

On Trogdor hard, I got the technical FC and also the highest non-FC score.

Outside O211, I got my 2nd ever Satch Boogie Solo D - outro FC (in practice, naturally). SD felt easy but no luck this time. A few weeks or months back I had a proper choke at the start of Solo C. In addition, got FotS solo 3 segment FC, A-D, E-H, and I. Not that exciting I know, but I think my GH2 stuff is news enough.

Current count is 202/211, and 643/660. At least 645 is very doable.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot damn, what an update! It's not often you see 2 FCs in one update when you're at such a high skill level. Obviously, these are related, being fast strumming songs in GH2, but still! Both FCs are extremely impressive in their own right. I'm sure BatH X and Trogdor H are just around the corner, and then we'll be tied on H/X :O

Any progress on H18 while we're at it?
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on two new awesome FCs! Glad to see that there's not much loss of skill between visits back home.

Can't wait for the inevitable BatH FC next update, hopefully it won't be too troublesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, dude. You popped off this weekend!

I can't wait for 645, and what sounds like the eventual BatH FC! Close it out with H18, too, I guess, right?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ. that was fast. congratz !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@alexhaz64 - yeah sure BatH and Trogdor H are around the corner, but I can only do so much at once. Although if I get BatH we won't be tied anymore I palyed some H18, FCd full solo pretty quickly, got ok runs. If I can get ok at Solo 9 it is very doable.
@JohnnyGrey - well no, in fact either I have gotten better between visits or my previous guitar sucked more than I realized. Sorry to dissapoint with no BatH
@voidedalive2x - Yeah BatH is easy enough that 645 is very close now. Then H18 would close out the 205/211
@Cabanon - thanks! Not as fast as this one!

New year, new FC. And what a doozy this one was...

Today was the first time I ever seriously tried this. I had A+B and C+D FCs, but I had to work really hard for the C+D one since the descneding quads were just awful. But when I gave it a go with my new guitar, the whole thing felt pretty doable. I played for like 1,5 hours before my first full solo FC, and then approximately 15 minutes later I totally randomly FCd the whole thing. Just incredible. Never have I had such an easy time with a challenging song (except Fire it up). I recently did some calculations and didn't even count this one in my 648 FCs... Hopefully that gives you some idea about how out of absolutely fricking nowhere this one came from

For method tips, nothing to say for Solo A. For B, I alt tap the YB trill, starting with my left hand, so that I can tap the OB at the end. Then one-hand it until the descending quads. There, I probably use the weirdest method, tapping all Bs and Ys, while anchoring green. The transition to the BO part was probably the hardest thing in the solo, therefore it's incredible I FCd the song first try getting to that part.

But what gave me the idea to play this today? Oh yeah, I also FCd CW Solo 1 (finally), which I thought requires pretty similar skills. This is my technical FGFC #6 since I recently also got GH2. Now I'm only missing ItO and BB strummings and both FSAs (and BatM solo in GH1 if you want to count that). Currently I have no idea what the next one could be, I may well have reached my limit now.

An okay start to this year.

CyanCrayon86948  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the WoR FGTFC and the BiM FC! Both very great accomplishments, can't wait to see if anything else happens out of nowhere...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, what an epic way to start the year!

I had no idea you were even close to BiM, what an amazing FC. I would like to get that myself one day, but to me it is #647- it's just so hard. Maybe I need to spend more time with it and try your methods, who knows?

And your list of section FCs is getting even more insane! CW solo 1 is honestly top 3 hardest sections in the series for me, I don't know if I could ever do it. Of the sections you have left, I think GHM FSA is probably the easiest? I've gotten -3 so I'm sure you could FC
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madness dude. I agree the transition to the BO trill at the end is a killer, so huge congrats for getting that first up. Here's to more in 2022!
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFW a BiM FC and a CW Solo 1 FCi are just an "okay" start to the year.

Already starting strong, Jellu!

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...aaaand you have more FCs than me again. Knew my lead wouldn't last long, lol. Given your skills at SD and Satch I imagine it's only a matter of time until you hit 650/660, which would be simply insane!

Oh yeah, congrats on H18, that one's a doozy. No single section stands out as impossibly hard, but to hit it all in one run is truly impressive. BatH is starting to feel overdue at this point though :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CyanCrayon86948 - well I wouldn't say this was really out of nowhere. But maybe later I was joking with VertigoMan that maybe I should get GHM One, that would truly be out of nowhere. But I recently tried FSA and best I could do was -8... so I guess I'm not doing that
@alexhaz64 - I had no idea either so can't blame you there... CW SOlo 1 in top 3 seems a bit too high, I think it was a bit overdue at 5th to last. But of course at this point it comes down to indicidual strengths and weaknesses. With GHM FSA I think -8 is my best (and I tried it recently), probably can't get it unless I learn to alt tap ascending trips. EDIT: as for your second comment, 650 will definitely be very hard. And yes, BatH is overdue, although I don't mind having one easier song in there for an easier grind
@Jleggy12 - hey nice to hear from you, its been a while! I see you've been busy with squeezing, too. Any chance for some new FCs?
@voidedalive2x - and still continuing strong! It's amazing what a new guitar can do.

Ok so here's what I did today. Last weekend I got FC outside Solo 5, earlier today FC outside Solo 4 and then outside 9, which was expected since Solo 9 is the hardest part for me. I was pretty lucky to get this second ever run up to Solo 9. I activate at the beginning of Solo 9 so gave up some points there but otherwise path execution was fine. Not great but a respectable score I think.

Now I'm at 645, finally, perhaps the last milestone I'll hit. But since I am on a roll I have of course planned my 650 FCs already:
1. BatH - should already have it
2. Decontrol - easiest according to the master FC breakdown. I'm bad at the zigzags past fast strumming, if I can learn those this will come. I should probably make this my warm-up song
3. Sudden Death - 2 Solo C chokes already...
4. Satch Boogie - I have about 10 Solo D FCs and Solo F has been pretty easy in the past.
5. Well, this is the tricky one...

...but I have been practicing some Jordan now. I have multiple B and C FCs separately, and I even got C and B FCs back to back once (in that order, so two separate practice runs). I have tried B+C yesterday and today, best I have been able to do has been -5 (-5 in C2 first, later -5 in B). I also have 1 miss in C1 and 1 miss in C3 runs (the latter I would consider a choke). Solo F seems pretty easy, unfortunately I suck at Bridge atm, so the FC isn't close. Yet. But this will probably be the safest option for 650.

I also played some Sudden Death today. I already had one Solo C choke previously, very early in Solo C that time, in a place I would never miss in practice. This time it was in the descending triplets. I have usually alt tapped them but since I have lost some consistency with that method I one-handed them today, mostly successfully. But then of course I missed when it counted... It's a shame considering today was a very strong Solo B day. I also got a -4 at the end of Solo A. Unfortunately I lost consistency at the end of Solo A towards the end of the day and gave up.

I also FCd Trogdor's solo in practice for the 2nd time (on hard). Yes I know people say you shouldn't play Trogdor in practice, but it relly helps in getting the speed approximately right. I want somewhat consistent -1s and -2s before doing full song. On real runs, I got 285 streak which is very close to the end but that's it.

EDIT: FCd Jordan Solo B twice in a row today, nothing new besides that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40

Jump to: