ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 12 Leagues - Final Signups Open through 1/29/11!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda mad that RB3 DLC didn't get through. Oh well. Signed up for both GHWoR drums and RB3 Drums :3

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Kingsy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, GHWoR Full Band and RB3 Pro Drums didn't make it. At least DJ Hero 2 made it through. That's good. I'll be participating in GHWoR Drums, RB3 Full Band and DJ Hero 2 Turntable. WOOO!!!
Guitar: Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Expert+
Vocals: Hard
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingsy PSN Name: theKingsy
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No GHWoR FB, One Man Band, or Co-Op makes me a sad panda. However since WoR Vox somehow made the cut that should be fun.
Robbert  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for X Guitar for WoR. I dropped out last time thanks to my post traumatic stress syndrom, but shouldn't this time.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
boss1592  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in for GH:WoR vocals, and RB3 OMB and co-op roulette. never done leagues before so im looking forward to it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
TxSilvercloud  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame the gh2 co op league didn't make the cut. Kinda surprised to see that there's only one co op league at all now!
But ah well, GH3X did make it (got scared while reading this thread that the entire scorehero population had moved to GH3H ) so that should be awesome.

Still considering signing up for another league, since i've got only one now.. if so, it'll probably be Wor guitar. Or wor bass. or wor dru- AAAHHH cant choose
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only signed up for WoR Vox.

But considering the schedule, I may contemplate signing for RB3 Vox, if I get a chance to buy it before the signups. Either way, let's hope WoR Vox doesn't get the axe.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Only signed up for WoR Vox.

But considering the schedule, I may contemplate signing for RB3 Vox, if I get a chance to buy it before the signups. Either way, let's hope WoR Vox doesn't get the axe.

Don't worry about that, everything up now will run

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 leagues for me (both hard and expert). I haven't played much GH3 in a while, so it'll be interesting to see if I can still play guitar after being off for a couple weeks (I hurt my left ring finger, makes pushing buttons difficult >_>). I can squeeze decently with the WoRtar, at least, so hopefully I can do halfway decently in leagues assuming my finger heals up enough to be able to play without hurting.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
infinitefluff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm new here, and this is my first tournament, but I'm a little confused by some things. I saw there was some discussion in the thread during the prelim signups about this but, why are people who are extremely proficient at expert signing up for the hard leagues? I read all about the desire for a perfect path, and the competitiveness amongst the squeezers, but why can't that at the very least be a separate division?

I signed up for the GH3H and WoRH and was looking forward to some good competition, because that's the difficulty that I usually play at. But imagine my surprise when I see that other people are in that same pool, and have 5* or better on most of the game at expert! I just managed my first play through of DWDTG on hard last week. Not a 5* run, and certainly not an FC; I just managed to make it all the way through the song. But in the tournament I'll be "competing" against people who play it at 90% or better on expert? How is that in any way a fair competition? This is the difficulty that I play at because I can't finish every song on expert. Can I play most of them? Yes. But if I signed up for expert just because I can play it, and then Black Widow of LaPorte gets drawn, I wouldn't even be able to submit a score. That's why I play on hard.

So my question is, why aren't these people truly challenging themselves, and playing at a difficulty that doesn't just screw everyone that belongs there? I saw Eddaket's observation about the FC's, and understand the point, but I simply don't think it's valid. Just because an NFL team doesn't make the playoffs, it doesn't mean that they would be allowed to go play in a college tournament so they can "perfect their technique." These people have made the jump. They can compete at expert. Just because there are others that may be better, that shouldn't mean that they can just arbitrarily drop a difficulty and destroy the rest of us. And telling the rest of us that it's not about getting first place, and that we should set personal goals, like making the top 25, is silly. By that logic, they should play expert, and not worry about winning, but only about doing their best.

That's my rant. If nobody else cares, then whatever, but I wouldn't sign up for a medium league just because I knew that there are people with more Hard FC's than I have.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old league system, it was explained like this.

Leagues FAQ wrote:
Hard - OB (Open) - Players in this league are too good for the normal hard league and normally qualify for an expert division. However, they don't enjoy playing expert and prefer playing hard. It will not be uncommon to see the top ScoreHero ranked hard players in this division, and the top scorers for each week very may well get a full combo on all four songs with near optimum levels of squeezing. This is an open league so anybody can ask to be in it. Players too good for normal B league automatically get bumped into this league, but may find better competition in the expert leagues as they will likely be seeded into the lower divisions of those leagues.

That's what you see happening here, basically.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infinitefluff wrote:
That's my rant. If nobody else cares, then whatever, but I wouldn't sign up for a medium league just because I knew that there are people with more Hard FC's than I have.

I sympathize with your viewpoint and in the past there have been separate Hard leagues/divisions, but I doubt the sign-ups will allow that this time. One thing to realize is that no matter what league you sign up for, whoever wins is PROBABLY going to be someone that can basically FC every song. There are exceptions; if the last song that comes up in expert guitar is TTFAF, the winner might not get an FC that week, and in team leagues (co-op / full band) it's common for the top scores on tough songs to not be full-team FCs.

You have to consider why you are entering the league. Ideally you are entering not just to win, but also to improve your technique and have fun. Hard leagues are attractive to people who want to practice path execution and squeezing without the stress of knowing they can only FC the chart about 5-10% of the time.

The problem with a league not offered at the highest difficulty level is that you must draw the line somewhere about what to cut off. Someone in an expert league who can FC 1/4 of the setlist is going to get smoked and have no chance to win. Should they be prohibited from competing in Hard where they might have some chance to be competitive?

I do wonder about people who can FGFC the Expert setlist deciding to compete in Hard. I would find that really boring personally.
infinitefluff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:

I do wonder about people who can FGFC the Expert setlist deciding to compete in Hard. I would find that really boring personally.

That's the part that I don't understand. If people aren't going to be bumped into another division, then why are they allowed to enter Hard when they've shown the ability to FC 90% of expert?

I didn't enter with the expectations of winning, because I know that there are people the belong on hard that are further along the path to expert than I am, and that it's unlikely I can beat their scores. But the possibility is there. However, with people playing in Hard that have 60+ expert FC's, that possibility disappears. That, to me, isn't nearly as much fun.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infinitefluff wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

That's the part that I don't understand. If people aren't going to be bumped into another division, then why are they allowed to enter Hard when they've shown the ability to FC 90% of expert?

I didn't enter with the expectations of winning, because I know that there are people the belong on hard that are further along the path to expert than I am, and that it's unlikely I can beat their scores. But the possibility is there. However, with people playing in Hard that have 60+ expert FC's, that possibility disappears. That, to me, isn't nearly as much fun.

Fug explained it best...those expert players are looking for a squeezing competition that most likely will not happen in the expert league. I could probably get ~60 expert FCs but I play hard because it's the most fun and all I care about is squeezing. And I also have no intention of winning this league but I hope that I can get 1st on a few songs here and there

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of those hard players who are more than capable of playing on expert I figured I should post in here.

When I first joined SH (this was back when GH1/2 were the only games that existed), right from day 1 basically I was 100% a hard player. Not in the sense that I was barely 5*ing songs back then on hard, but in the sense that I played 95% of the time on hard trying to FC as many songs as I could. Had no idea what paths were or anything like that, but just chipped away at the games and found myself very quickly up to 40 FCs in GH1H. And I was having fun in the process. Couldn't honestly tell you why I was having fun, but I was. Maybe because it was nice and relaxing and allowed me to enjoy the songs whilst playing. Maybe because at the time it was quite the challenge for me to FC songs on hard (at least to the extent that I was getting to back then). Then I found out what paths were, and the obsession for getting higher scores grew. The fun factor increased enormously.

Fast forward to today, almost 4 years later. Yes, I'm definitely more than capable of playing expert, even moreso than 4 years ago (you only need to look at GH2 to see that I've FCed all but Jordan as a good reference point), but I'm still playing hard here and there because for me it is still fun to play. I ran through the entirety of the WT DLC catalogue on hard months ago because it was fun. I've FCed WoR H just a few weeks ago with paths because it was fun. It may seem like I'm hung up on the word fun here, but at the end of the day that is the most important factor to me. Plenty of people (myself included) have their fun from ye olde squeezing. Yes I've definitely played much more expert these days than I did 4 years ago, but hard is where the heart is and I do find myself still playing hard. Until it stops being fun (and that doesn't quite look like happening), I'll still be playing hard. Yes for the most part its not even close to being as challenging to me as it was 4 years ago, but it is still very enjoyable for me to play many of these songs on hard.

For the record, I have signed up for the WoR H league this season. Mainly because I thoroughly enjoyed running through the game, but also because I figured it'd be fun to compete with others that are undoubtably in the same boat as I while at the same time trying to chip away at the 8k lead that Kubuh has overall over me. I don't honestly expect to win because some of the names I've seen pop up in this league are definitely better squeezers than I, but I'm gonna have fun, as that's always been the #1 priority for me, leagues included
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: