ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero is dead? (No more DLC, no game in 2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deedooh wrote:
Most of you guys on this site need to drop the GUITAR and pick up the other instruments. Really.

What do we have today? 99% guitarrists amongst veteran players?

This is one major reason for the GH downfall. Your endless input to Neversoft for more TTFAF songs doing nothing good but scaring the newbs away. The competitiveness.

Don't get me wrong. I was once like that (and still is considering the leaderboards;). Then I picked drums up (waaaaaaaay too late) and that changed my whole perspective on this game.

Expert players wanting tougher stuff are in the minority of players. GH failed cause it wasn't continuing to pull in the bigger crowd of people, even when it became more open and varied with World Tour and 5, games that certainly were not catered to the hardcore.

And drums are okay, but you do know that this game series is called "Guitar" Hero lol I have a drumset, but the guitar is just more enjoyable to play, so I stick to it. I leave the expert drumming to other players since I can only get through easier songs on hard that don't have a difficult pattern to them.
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Deedooh wrote:
Most of you guys on this site need to drop the GUITAR and pick up the other instruments. Really.

This is one major reason for the GH downfall. Your endless input to Neversoft for more TTFAF songs doing nothing good but scaring the newbs away. The competitiveness.

Don't get me wrong. I was once like that (and still is considering the leaderboards;). Then I picked drums up (waaaaaaaay too late) and that changed my whole perspective on this game.

Expert players wanting tougher stuff are in the minority of players. GH failed cause it wasn't continuing to pull in the bigger crowd of people, even when it became more open and varied with World Tour and 5, games that certainly were not catered to the hardcore.

And drums are okay, but you do know that this game series is called "Guitar" Hero lol I have a drumset, but the guitar is just more enjoyable to play, so I stick to it. I leave the expert drumming to other players since I can only get through easier songs on hard that don't have a difficult pattern to them.

And I say you are a very good representative for the veteran GH-players. The gold for you lies in developing your drum skills man. Believe me.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gold? lol It's not like I'm burnt out on guitar playing or anything or the series feels stale.
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
What gold? lol It's not like I'm burnt out on guitar playing or anything or the series feels stale.

I mean the GOLD

Just spend one year with your drumkit only, don't pick up the git at all, and come back and tell me what you found, ok?

I can also give you advice what to play and how to practice if you want, just msg me
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deedooh wrote:

Sure blame the community. And how many "TTFAF songs" were out there until WoR? If memory serves, very few after GH3. As for scaring the newbs away, GH1, 2, and 3 can hardly be considered easy games, and I don't remember songs like Bark at the Moon, Jordan, Six, or your poster child TTFAF keeping millions of players from playing the game.
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deedooh wrote:

Sure, blame the community. And how many "TTFAF songs" were out there until WoR? If memory serves, very few after GH3. As for scaring the newbs away, GH1, 2, and 3 can hardly be considered easy games, and I don't remember songs like Bark at the Moon, Jordan, Six, or your poster child TTFAF keeping millions of players from playing the game.
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
Deedooh wrote:

Sure, blame the community. And how many "TTFAF songs" were out there until WoR? If memory serves, very few after GH3. As for scaring the newbs away, GH1, 2, and 3 can hardly be considered easy games, and I don't remember songs like Bark at the Moon, Jordan, Six, or your poster child TTFAF keeping millions of players from playing the game.

They didn't have to play them on drums, you as a maiden fan can try The Trooper on expert git and then on expert drums. See the difference in skill level required?
memesis  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deedooh wrote:
They didn't have to play them on drums.

Instrument preference is irrelevant. If the franchise was called "Drum Hero" instead, with a plethora of songs geared solely to a drumming peripheral and nothing else, are you saying that there would not be no insane songs just because they would be too hard? No. Players would learn and improve just as they have with guitar. And there is still the factor of those insane songs taking up the vast minority of the entire franchise.
Deedooh wrote:
you as a maiden fan can try The Trooper on expert git and then on expert drums. See the difference in skill level required?

Of course there's a difference in skill level. They are two fundamentally different instruments. Being good at guitar obviously will not translate to good drumming skills and vice versa. Your argument holds no weight based on that alone. I suck at drums. I'm not going to blame the difficulty of the song for me not being able to play it. I haven't put the necessary time and effort in to reach that skill level. However, I did put that effort into playing the songs on guitar, which is why I am able to play those difficult songs.
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
Deedooh wrote:

Instrument preference is irrelevant. If the franchise was called "Drum Hero" instead, with a plethora of songs geared solely to a drumming peripheral and nothing else, are you saying that there would not be no insane songs just because they would be too hard? No. Players would learn and improve just as they have with guitar. And there is still the factor of those insane songs taking up the vast minority of the entire franchise.
Deedooh wrote:
you as a maiden fan can try The Trooper on expert git and then on expert drums. See the difference in skill level required?

Of course there's a difference in skill level. They are two fundamentally different instruments. Being good at guitar obviously will not translate to good drumming skills and vice versa. Your argument holds no weight based on that alone. I suck at drums. I'm not going to blame the difficulty of the song for me not being able to play it. I haven't put the necessary time and effort in to reach that skill level. However, I did put that effort into playing the songs on guitar, which is why I am able to play those difficult songs.

No the problem arises when you have a "band" game promoted for 4-player online play and you get get to play BYOB 5 times a session on expert.

And btw, a "Drum Hero" and "Singstar" path after GH3 combined with a somewhat later unifying "Band Hero" game would have kept the franchise at same success level as GH3 to this day i m o.

Eh? Well, check your online stats then -> the whole global community suck at playing The Trooper on expert drums!! That's my point.

How come? They have now spent two years+ learning. Could it be it's a shitload harder to play drums? Should this be a factor when selecting songs for a "band" game? Yes.

Last edited by Deedooh on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deedooh wrote:
memesis wrote:
Deedooh wrote:

Deedooh wrote:

Eh? Well, check your online stats then -> the whole global community suck at playing The Trooper on expert drums!! That's my point.

How come? They have now spent two years+ learning. Could it be it's a shitload harder to play drums? Should this be a factor when selecting songs for a "band" game? Yes.

I rage, but I also lol. It's an odd feeling.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a drummer, I approve of WoR.

As a drummer, I approve of any and all charts that aren't charted by someone with less intelligence than a trained monkey.

Drums don't have as high overall scores because they are a physically demanding instrument. Guitar is not as demanding physically, therefore it allows players to be better at it quicker.

The problem isn't the hard charts.

DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

As a drummer, I approve of any and all charts that aren't charted by someone with less intelligence than a trained monkey.

Drums don't have as high overall scores because they are a physically demanding instrument. Guitar is not as demanding physically, therefore it allows players to be better at it quicker.

This. You use a LOT more muscles playing songs like Dyers Eve on X+ drums than on X guitar. That's the main reason that there are still several un-FC'd songs on drums, some over two years old now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

This. You use a LOT more muscles playing songs like Dyers Eve on X+ drums than on X guitar. That's the main reason that there are still several un-FC'd songs on drums, some over two years old now.

That, and a high majority that DO frequent drums just spend their time on RB. That's why a lot of shared songs (even on pro) have been FC'd.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:

Point 1 - Meh. WoR is alright for drums. Some awesome ones shine because of ghost notes, some are fun because of X+ bass, others are just good songs. But like GH5, the majority of the setlist is very boring to play and drag on for too long. World Tour is still the best IMO for drumming.

Point 2 - Exactly. There's very few instances where charting is an actual problem in drumming. And thankfully, GH charts it in better ways (Hand that Feeds, That's what you Get, etc).

Point 3 - That and kits that bug out either minutes after unboxing or slowly over months. If we all had GoodWoods, it'd be much different comparing those players at a skill level thats progessing in Expert with 100% functional kits and those without. Guitar isn't nearly as unforgiving with hardware faults as drums are. Believe me, you can still progress fine without a working guitar than with drumset.

Point 4 - Problem is the lack of mid-high difficult level drum charts. There's few Extreme charts and way too many easy ones. There's not much to help you get better (without practice mode) the fun way of actually playing a song. Example here would be something like Ties that Bind X+ is a good mid-high level challenge for helping with kick patterns, plus maybe some other stick techniques.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

Point 1 - Meh. WoR is alright for drums. Some awesome ones shine because of ghost notes, some are fun because of X+ bass, others are just good songs. But like GH5, the majority of the setlist is very boring to play and drag on for too long. World Tour is still the best IMO for drumming.

To me there weren't enough songs with rolls in GHWT. GH5 had a lot of really fun drum songs, like American Band, Seven, that Killers song (forget the name), and especially Back Round. GHWT was awesome for drums too, but yeah WoR was kind of lacking for me. I got a BH kit because my WT one finally died, and one of my pedals broke and trying to double bass with a WT and a BH pedal are so weird. I want an E kit so bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: