ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate GH3 Hard Squeezing/Path Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More theoretically possible squeezes.

Story of My Life, 1st act. Move back to the first GR in m29 and squeeze to the 4th RY in m34 for a lot of ticks.

Mississippi Queen, 1st act. Move back one note.

Barracuda, 1st act. You can squeeze in another green.

When You Were Young, 2nd act. Squeeze in an extra note.

Kool Thing, 1st act. It is possible to squeeze an extra note. This is nearly impossible.

Kool Thing, 4th act. Move activation one note forward and squeeze to the first red in m155. Might be easier if you move it all one note forward again.

Rock You Like a Hurricane, 3rd act. You can squeeze in an extra note in.

Cliffs of Dover, 6th act. You can squeeze one less note than on the path, but one more than you claim in the OP.

Here's the above squeezes, in ascending order of difficultly, with all the other extra squeezes in this thread. Ones not in the OP are in red :

I'm in the Band 4th act : 19.0%
Same Old Song and Dance 3rd act : 27.4%
Cult of Personality 3rd act : 35.7%
Even Flow 2nd act : 38.1%
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. 4th act : 41.3%
Through the Fire and Flames 7th act : 41.9%
Rock and Roll All Nite 1st act : 45.1%
Through the Fire and Flames 3rd act : 52.0%
Black Sunshine 3rd act : 54.6%
Avalancha 6th act : 58.6%
Paranoid 4th act : 60.0%
Mississippi Queen 1st act : 63.5%
Cliffs of Dover 6th act : 73.7%
Lay Down 1st act : 75.9%
Metal Heavy Lady 2nd act : 76.8%
Story of My Life 1st act : 81.6%
Anarchy in the U.K. 2nd act : 82.0%
Black Sunshine 5th act : 83.0%
In the Belly of a Shark 4th act : 86.8%
Rock You Like a Hurricane 3rd act : 87.1%
Hit Me With Your Best Shot 5th act : 88.1%
Can't Be Saved 4th act : 88.9%
Kool Thing 4th act : 91.5%
Holiday in Cambodia 3rd act : 91.6%
Avalancha 5th act : 92.3%
When You Were Young 2nd act : 92.6%
In Love 2nd act : 93.0%
Barracuda 1st act : 95.1%
Rock and Roll All Nite 4th act : 96.1%
Cliffs of Dover 4th act : 99.6%
Kool Thing 1st act : 99.964%

Barracuda 4th act : 100.3%
Cliffs of Dover 1st act : 109.3%

Hmm. The above two are strange. Both activations are over changing time signatures. Any effects known that would make that significant?

Last edited by ThunderShade on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 33 times in total
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by 86.5% squeeze? how difficult is that?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw in some examples for comparison afterwards (give me some squeezes you think are good t compare with if you want), but I have to recalculate them all due to your reply in the other thread first.

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
I'll throw in some examples for comparison afterwards (give me some squeezes you think are good t compare with if you want), but I have to recalculate them all due to your reply in the other thread first.

i think some good comparisons would be the extra 200 in cult of personality solo and the extra 200 in barracuda's last squeeze

EDIT: i have hit the 4th activation in barracuda on my high score run and the cliffs of dover 1st act extra 200 is fairly simple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Just chucked in all the squeezes in this topic. Some aren't as hard as I thought due to there being more SP than slowhero says (e.g. TTFAF squeezes aren't insane). I'm thinking of just taking all the known extra squeezes in GH3 and putting them in one topic as it's all scattered around. Do you think I should do so?

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
Done. Just chucked in all the squeezes in this topic. Some aren't as hard as I thought due to there being more SP than slowhero says (e.g. TTFAF squeezes aren't insane). I'm thinking of just taking all the known extra squeezes in GH3 and putting them in one topic as it's all scattered around. Do you think I should do so?

yeah you can do that. once somebody hits them, i will update this thread so i think having a separate one for yours is a good idea. also, im still confused by the percentages...i've easily hit the in love extra 400 (93%) but cant come close to MQ's 1st act which is only 63.5%

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Love is a double squeeze during about 150BPM, so 93% sounds reasonable. Here's my calculation for Mississippi Queen (cutting out some working, as I hate typing maths). Tell me if anything is wrong by your math.

The activation lasts for approximately 5.294 measures (this is approximate using a whammy rate of 7.5).

Over estimating the squeeze to be 70%, we have a front end of 70ms and a back end of about 81ms.

We can squeeze the start of the activation forward to the point m25.1658.

Our activation therefore ends at about m30.4598.

This is about 68ms from the last note we want under SP.

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the MQ squeeze i get:

21.1775 beats of SP without squeezing
21.452 beats with a max back end
21.682 with max front and back end

and you need it to last 21.5 beats so the squeeze is definitely possible. now are you just converting the .182 beats to ms and then calculating the %?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of. Actually I calculate how much distance the SP covers and thus how much is left that needs to be covered by squeezing, and then the % from that.

This does raise the question as to why the MQ squeeze is a lot harder than the In Love one. Either our understanding of whammy is flawed or ... I have no idea.

Also try calculating the Barracuda and CoD squeezes that I think is over 100%, and see if you can fix it or not.

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
Kind of. Actually I calculate how much distance the SP covers and thus how much is left that needs to be covered by squeezing, and then the % from that.

This does raise the question as to why the MQ squeeze is a lot harder than the In Love one. Either our understanding of whammy is flawed or ... I have no idea.

Also try calculating the Barracuda and CoD squeezes that I think is over 100%, and see if you can fix it or not.

the numbers im getting dont work because i dont really know how to take into account the change in time signatures during the activation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking through a previous thread with some other unshown squeezes when I noticed someone mentioned tweaking with the lag. If you added lag, then it would make you hit every note X milliseconds later on the chart - which would, in theory, be an advantage if the BPM at the start of your activation was higher than the BPM at the end.

dnelson05, the guy who got ticks on the last activation on Reptilia X (which normally is mathematically impossible), said when he did it in that topic he had a video lag of about 30 - 40 ms. According to my calculations, having a video lag of just 9 ms pushes what he did into becoming mathematically possible, making me believe his score is legit. If you hit the sustain an odd amount of ticks early, then having, say, 35 ms of lag, you need a 90% squeeze to get ticks. With 45 ms of lag, 80%. It gets easier with more lag, but obviously makes the song harder to FC. Could you try this for me please? (I am at best a mediocore squeezer, so I can't really test anything) Also, do you yourself play with lag? It would make the CoD squeeze at the start possible (but I still can't figure out the Barracuda one, although since it is so close to 100% I am tempted to just blame game lag).

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not play with lag and never have so this should be interesting. I will try to give it a shot but i can assure you that no lag is necessary to hit the cliffs of dover 1st squeeze or the barracuda last squeeze. it does seem to be needed for the reptilia last squeeze because the best squeezers cannot get ticks on that last activation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing lag doesn't change the timing window at all. It doesn't let you hit the note later than it's charted. It's all in the eyesight.

DNelson's score is either fake, or it has to do with PS2 ticks. If he calibrated his lag to 30 or 40, it would've been clearly shown in the video, but in the video, he still hits the notes visually on time. If they were regularly possible, he wouldn't be the only one with extra ticks.

For Cliffs of Dover and Barracuda, are you talking about on expert (I know this is a hard difficulty thread, so thought I'd ask)? If so, I've hit CoD 1st activation many times. If you're thinking another 200 is possible (activating on green), there's no way it is. For the Barracuda last activation, it definitely looks possible. I'm almost 100% sure on that one. I'm planning to go back to that song, since I can hit the other squeezes rather easily (hint: move the first activation up a note).

If you guys aren't talking about expert, then I really apologize for barging in like this. Just answer me this one question: Where are you getting these percentages from?

Edit: I looked at the paths. Looks like you guys are talking about Hard the whole time. Getting another 200 in the 1st activation of Barracuda is without a doubt in my mind impossible. It's already tough enough, even when you move it forward a note. The last activation 200 looks possible though. I can't comment on Mississippi Queen 1st squeeze, but it's not even close to being possible on expert. The whammy looks the same on hard, but again, I never tried it so I won't comment on it.

Also, that CoD 1st activation definitely looks possible on hard. I think I saw a couple posts up that one of you guys hit it.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. OK. Undead mentioned in GHSH him using hit to move a note into a different time signature and that it helped him, so I thought it would have.
Yes it's hard. newuser has hit the two squeezes in question (CoD 1st and Barracuda last) and I completely believe him. The problem is that the calculations, including everything known about the GH3 engine, says it should be impossible. This doesn't change even when I get the exact BPMs and sustain lengths from the chart files.

As for Mississippi Queen, there is 0.125 more beats of whammy on Hard for the first act. I did consider that, as I would imagine if it was just as hard on Expert it would've been done by now. And the reason why I claim this and Barracuda 1st are possible is the whammy number is lower than 7.75, which is what tma uses, so those activations should be longer than what slowhero is saying.

By the way, to get the percentages I calculate how much of the gap is not covered by the SP, and then calculate what % of the timing window is needed to make up for the gap.

suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 year bump

I'm going to be trying the Mississippi Queen and Rock and Roll All Nite extra squeezes after my lectures today. Will report back....

edit: The Mississippi Queen squeeze seems borderline impossible at the moment, but maybe something will click.

I feel really close on Rock and Roll All Nite though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: