Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WWE/TNA Thread:Wrestlemania 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because the streak is something that shouldn't be broken, that doesn't mean no one can try.

Also, suffice to say that John Cena's Walking Tall into Wrestlemania. And like I said, I don't care what happens so long as Miz doesn't walk out of it as champion. It sucks that the Rock didn't RB Miz, though <_<

Sucks for Bryan going into WM, but I think Sheamus needs the push, especially for his first Wrestlemania. Quite honestly, I'm rooting for Sheamus on this one.

That WAS rather bold of Vickie, to copy John's intro, and I do applaud her for it. Still want to see her go down at WM.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
skinnywhitecomic wrote:
Shawn Michaels appearing on RAW has me making a bold prediction: I think Undertaker is going to lose.

Shawn and Triple H were both talking about not being able to beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. With the Wrestelmania match between Triple H and Undertaker being a No Holds Barred match, I have a feeling HBK will come in and it will take the two of them to defeat him.

In the True Story of Wrestlemania doco that they just released, Triple H in his interview says that in his opinion, the streak should never be broken.

/shrug

I did say it was a bold prediction.

I have to be honest: I don't see anything interesting about this Wrestlemania. I was really looking forward to going, but it seems lackluster. Singles matchs and 2 large tag team match-ups made up of title and grudge matches. Where are the TLC matches? No Hell in a Cell? Not even a cage match? Only the 'Taker and HHH match is No-DQ, and that's the only match I'm looking forward to seeing. There's nothing special about this Wrestlemania.

Oh well. I still get to see it in person. Maybe me being there is what will make it special...

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does there HAVE to be something like that to make it special? <_<

Wrestlemania doesn't NEED TLC, HiaC, etc. to be great. THAT comes from the people who wrestle in it, NOT from whatever freakish event you can think up for the matches.

So what if the first ever Ladder match, iron Man match, and Hell in a cell debuted at a Wrestlemania? If I was able to watch, I'd certainly note the type of matches (and I would really like to see another Iron Man match again, personally), but my eyes would be on the wrestlers and what they did, not the constructs they have to work in or around.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I agreed with you. The wrestlers are what make the match. But I thought about it: This is Wrestlemania. I think there should be over the top special matches. Wrestlemania is the BIGGEST event in sports entertainment, everyone knows that. This should be the PPV of the year where all the stops are pulled. If you saw this card, it might be good for a regular PPV, in August. But not for Wrestlemania. This feels like a mediocre WM, compared to previous years.

Ktulu45  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be watching Wrestlemania this Sunday, and I will Try to update the results as much as I can and I will review the Triple-H/Undertaker match

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Synopsis of matches:

Jerry v. Cole: Jerry puts on a clinic. Not as great as shawn's on McMahon, but definitely well-deserved.

Cena v. Miz: Cena wins, if only to get it away from the Miz.

Randy Orton v. CM Punk: Personally, I like Randy more than Punk, so I'd go for him, but this one's more of a toss-up.

Edge v. Del Rio: Edge. [bias]If it wasn't Wrestlemania, I'd have more lean towards Del Rio, but still Edge.[/bias]

Rhodes v. Mysterio: Mysterio. I suppose the "Dashing" gimmick was okay, but stilll.

3 on 3: As much as I like JoMo and Trish, I'd have to give this one to LayCool and Dolph. Even though Trish is back, only John's been in the business long enough at this point to be a veritable part (that's not to say I don't want to see Trish thrash LayCool and Vickie, cuz I do), and Snooki just isn't gonna be much help.

Sheamus v. Daniel: You're good, Daniel, but long live the king! (note that this is my only clear Heel win prediction. the 3 on 3 is just a grudging win for Laycool/Dolph)

MitB: Probably won't happen. Shame, though. They could schedule this before Cena v. Miz, then have the winner be from Raw and subsequently cash it in right after their match.

HHH v. Undertaker: ...Tough. REALLY tough. But if anyone could do it, it was Shawn, and if he can't, it's Triple H.

Corre vs. Santino, Kozlov, Kane, Show: Actually, I wouldn't mind the Corre winning this one. Sadly, with only Ezekiel being in any form to face down Kane and Big Show, I just don't see it.

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just saw an impromptu Royal Rumble. I'm already digging this show.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? a Royal Rumble? With who?

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of a dark match. I think it happen right after Sheamus and Brysn. Great Khali won.

TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like how Miz v Cena turned out.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
I didn't like how Miz v Cena turned out.

I'm happy Cena didn't win. Breath of fresh air. But the ending almost guarantees the Rock is staying on to feud with Cena.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Ktulu45  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is gonna be a rant/review of the Taker-HHH match: The match started off great, Triple-H instantly went on the offensive and provided most of the offense for the match. Undertaker threw HHH out of the ring which I don't know if it was planned or it just happened but damn. Next, one of my favorite parts of the match, the spanish annoucers table comes into play Before that table broke JR-King's table was brought into play and at first it looked like Taker was gonna be Pedigree'd right off the bat, no no no. BAM! Undertaker threw down the reverse card. Triple H reverse's next back into the Pedigree setup but Taker throws him off of the table with a back body drop into the floor, which in my opinion was one of the best ones I have ever seen, and HHH landed hard on the mats, It looked like he messed up his wrist after it smacked off the floor. Fast forward to before the spanish announce table came into play. H and Taker have another back and forth before they go out of the ring again and Taker sets up the steel steps in front of the table. Undertaker went for the Tombstone on the steps, but noooooo, Triple H reverses and hits Taker with a headbutt and he takes a few steps back and runs at H but he throws Taker through the table with a spinebuster. Fast forward 5 minutes and out come the finishers. Taker throws a chokeslam, HHH kicks out. HHH throws a Pedigree, Taker kicks. A Last Ride and two more Pedigrees later a chair comes into play. Eight chair shots later, HHH does the cut-throat taunt and hits Undertaker with the Tombstone. Kick out. HHH goes for the sledgehammer and gets back in the ring. Undertaker gets HHH in the Hell's Gate which set up for one of the worst endings ever in my opinion, it took HHH 8-10 minutes to finally tap out, and it looked like they were gonna play it out with the 3 checks of the arm, but no. I can't be completely upset though, it really did look like Taker was hurt after the match. I personally think it might have been his hip that was the problem. After the match though Taker didn't move off of the mat for the duration of his music. Personally I give the entire match an 8/10 overall. What are your opinions?

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it underscores how determined HHH was to not tap out and lose, at least.

And I find it interesting he tried to use the Tombstone on the Undertaker.

Also, please don't tell me Miz still has the championship.

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktulu45 wrote:
Personally I give the entire match an 8/10 overall. What are your opinions?

It may have appeared differently on PPV than in person, but it looked like a match between two old guys. Undertaker and HHH were really drawing out their shots. Undertaker was not selling his bumps well, specifically the two Pedigrees. I too was surprised at how it ended. I was not expecting Taker to make HHH lose via a submission hold. I've never seen that before. Now, I couldn't tell if either of them were legitimately hurt. If they did get hurt, I couldn't tell where. But Undertaker's laying in the ring at the end seemed almost laughable.

To me, the match was more about the suspense of who would win, and the content of the match itself took a backseat. I think they could have done a LOT more since it was no holds barred. Again, maybe it looked much better on tv, but it looked...sad...in person.

Most of the matches I did not care about. Miz v. Cena, The 8 man tag team match, Edge v. Del Rio...I was hoping Snookie would get the shit beaten out of her, but that didn't happen. I like Rey Mysterio, and he almost met my expectations. I did enjoy the finishing move Orton put on CM Punk, that was pretty tight. The crowd started jeering, "BORING" during the Cole v. Lawler match,a dn I shared that sentiment, though I'm glad Lawler won his first WM match. Stone Cold is always awesome to watch.

The best match for me was the one that nobody got to see, that impromptu Battle Royal. I thought it would be for the US Championship, but I was mistaken.

I was hoping for more, and after watching what's supposed to be the biggest event of the year for WWE, I was disappointed. That being said, my friend in Port St. Lucie was supposed to drive up, but could not make it due to financial problems. I told him not to worry, "there will be other Wrestlemanias." Turns out next year Wrestlemania will be in Miami, his backyard. So despite the event being lackluster this year, I'm already penciling in a trip to Miami in 2012.

Ktulu45  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="skinnywhitecomic"]
Ktulu45 wrote:
Turns out next year Wrestlemania will be in Miami, his backyard. So despite the event being lackluster this year, I'm already penciling in a trip to Miami in 2012.
I was actually kind of upset about this. I mean come on did they not learn their lesson the last time? I hope it's not outdoors again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: