ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 - FC Breakdown Project Thread 1 FINISHED
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: GH1 - FC Breakdown Project Thread 1 FINISHED Reply with quote

For anyone wondering whether this is considered a "poll thread" and thus against the rules: The mods have discussed it and ruled that as long as there is discussion of why a song is chosen as harder/easier, then there is no problem. I would ask all of you to try to add some reasoning to all of your votes going forward if possible.

Final List
01) Hey
02) I Love Rock & Roll
03) Stellar
04) Behind The Mask
05) I Wanna Be Sedated
06) Sail Your Ship By
07) Eureka, I've Found Love
08) Story Of My Love
09) Unsung
10) Killer Queen
11) Fat Lip
12) Callout
13) Even Rats
14) Hey You
15) More Than A Feeling
16) Higher Ground
17) Take Me Out
18) Sharp Dressed Man
19) Heart Full of Black
20) Caveman Rejoice
21) Graveyard Shift
22) Farewell Myth
23) Cochise
24) Infected
25) Iron Man
26) The Breaking Wheel
27) Smoke On The Water
28) Ace Of Spades
29) Guitar Hero
30) No One Knows
31) Take It Off
32) Thunder Kiss 65
33) Ziggy Stardust
34) Godzilla
35) Crossroads
36) All of This
37) You Got Another Thing Comin'
38) Fly On The Wall
39) Cheat on the Church
40) Spanish Castle Magic
41) Symphony Of Destruction
42) Frankenstein
43) Cowboys From Hell
44) Texas Flood
45) Decontrol
46) Trippolette
47) Get Ready 2 Rokk
48) Fire It Up
49) Bark At The Moon

OP:
link to post that started the idea for this thread
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1712877#1712877

the tl;dr version of the above: We are going to consider one game at a time, rank each game as best we can, then consider the EASIEST FC of a given small group of songs to make this list as "accurate" as it possibly can be.

I realize this is 100% opinion based and we will have plenty of disagreements. KEEP IT CIVIL (or die).
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.

Last edited by SpoonMan on Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 82 times in total
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GH1 - Master FC Breakdown project thread 1 Reply with quote

i bet you $20 that i already know what the top 5 hardest for the whole game is going to end up being, and in what order. this is an interesting idea, but ultimately i mean gh1 fc breakdown is pretty well established at this point. besides, most of the game is very easy; the only difficult stuff is stuff with hopo sequences. also the first half of the hard part in decontrol obv.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group D i'd say stellar is the easiest, that was my first FC in the game

SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4: yes i know gh1 is documented pretty well but clearly this is thread 1 of many. each game gets its own thread. gotta start somewhere, so the beginning works just fine. since it's so easy to rank then why not just do it and get it out of the way? this is just to start things up to get the overall master FC breakdown to be as good as possible. as it stands now there is little possibility of anything but the top of the list being well-made because people look at a thousand-song list and go "oh this one thing is wrong" why not actually have some consideration given to the entire list? that is the point of this.

war: ok cool.... maybe do the whole group? maybe do all the groups?
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol sorry, I really haven't played this game much (or in a while) but Stellar I'm pretty sure is my only FC.

ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion on Group C. My opinion of Graveyard Shift is based on vids, since I don't have an AR/Gameshark/etc.

Hey - Nothing hard at all
I Love Rock & Roll - Solo is faster than anything in Hey IIRC
I Wanna Be Sedated - Fast downstrumming (I couldn't alt strum steadily when I got this FC)
Hey You - Slow HOPOs are a minor nuisance
Higher Ground - Sudden change of tempo in ending makes it easy to strum too fast
Heart Full of Black - Long orange streak. I'd personally put this between Infected and Graveyard Shift, but I seem to have found this FC harder than most. Triplets don't help either
Infected - Few scales in solo, but slowish
Graveyard Shift - Looks semi-awkward, never played it though
Iron Man - Easy to overstrum in triplets in solo
Guitar Hero - Damned yellow streaks

EDIT : I'll give my opinion on some stuff f4 didn't, since I still remember how hard I found the songs to FC when I first was going for FCs

Group A
Behind the Mask - Very slow overall
Callout - Fairly fast, leading to multiple misses
Caveman Rejoice - Triplets
Cochise - Awkward triplet strumming (chords). Also B-O grace notes are chokable

Group B
Fat Lip - Not slow but not that fast, but I don't remember anything standing out
Eureka, I've Found Love - I remember triplets, which I always manage to overstrum in this game
Even Rats - Nothing hard, but looonnnngggg
Farewell Myth - I didn't have too much difficulty when I finally got this - I just downstrummed it all really fast
Fly on the Wall - Difficult trills and strumming in ending. This is harder than Godzilla (which is strangely in f4's list) IMO.

Last edited by ThunderShade on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GH1 - Master FC Breakdown project thread 1 Reply with quote

i'm only doing the hard songs in each list, because i can't objectively compare the easy songs since they're all so easy that i personally don't see a difference between them. of course, these lists are far from definitive, as i was too lazy to look up the existing gh1 breakdown; just something to get the ball rolling.

GROUP A
bark at the moon
cowboys from hell
all of this
crossroads
cheat on the church
ace of spades

GROUP B
fire it up
get ready 2 rokk
decontrol
frankenstein
godzilla

GROUP C
i never played graveyard shift, but damn everything in this group is really easy.

GROUP D
symphony of destruction
spanish castle magic
no one knows
smoke on the water

GROUP E
Trippolette
Texas Flood
You Got Another Thing Comin'
Ziggy Stardust
The Breaking Wheel
Take It Off
Thunder Kiss 65

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: GH1 - Master FC Breakdown project thread 1 Reply with quote

Top is easiest, bottom is hardest.

GROUP A
Behind The Mask - No way is this hard.
Callout
Ace Of Spades - Simple matter of fret-changing correctly.
Caveman Rejoice - Triplets and rather odd strumming near the end of the solo that I haven't quite understood.
All of This - Interchangable with Cavemen, at least until I played the chart again
Cochise - Cursed strumming.
Cheat on the Church - I bet that strumming is the death of a lot of people
Crossroads
Cowboys From Hell - The engine makes this hard, but even the zig-zag in Slash's Guitar Battle and the one in Monsters are hard in GH3, so they're still not pushovers.
Bark At The Moon - Unquestionably the hardest song.

GROUP B
Eureka, I've Found Love
Farewell Myth
Even Rats
Fat Lip
Godzilla
Fly On The Wall - Almost as bad as Frankenstein, but it's not. Hell on Hard, though.
Frankenstein - Stupid trill, stupid solo, stupid outro strumming.
Get Ready 2 Rokk - Blast of a solo, fills in the intro and outro don't help.
Fire It Up - Might have to play Solo 2 again, but I'm sure it's not pretty.
Decontrol - Fun as hell song, but the strumming is just stupid.

GROUP C
Graveyard Shift (set apart as I've never seen the chart)

Hey
I Love Rock & Roll
Hey You
I Wanna Be Sedated
Iron Man - Stupid-ass solo.
Higher Ground - Someone mentioned the strumming at the end, and I agree, but the song is akward throughout as well.
Infected - The fast solo makes it harder than it looks.
Heart Full of Black - Not as sudden as with GH's strumming, but still pretty difficult
Guitar Hero - Arguably the hardest song in this group.

GROUP D
Stellar - Far too easy.
Sail Your Ship By - EASY
Sharp Dressed Man
Story of My Love
Killer Queen - Odd little HO/PO parts, and the triplet ending are all chokepoints.
Smoke On The Water
More Than A Feeling - Blast those goddamn hooks
No One Knows
Spanish Castle Magic
Symphony Of Destruction

GROUP E
Trippolette (set apart because I've never seen the chart)

Unsung - Flat-out strumming, nothing overly hard unless your arm gets tired.
Take Me Out - The slowdown at the beginning along with the quick HOs will definitely trip you up, but the song is still harder than Unsung.
Take It Off - Practically interchangable with Ziggy
Ziggy Stardust - Practically inerchangable with Take it Off
The Breaking Wheel - Easy once you get the strumming speed down.
Thunder Kiss 65 - Don't exactly remember the chart, but I'm fairly sure this is a good spot for it.
You Got Another Thing Comin' - Outro and solo are pains
Texas Flood - Hardest song in this group. Just really akward all around

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green = too easy for me to rank accurately
red = too hard for me to rank accurately
black = songs I can rank accurately

GROUP A
Behind The Mask
Cochise
Caveman Rejoice
Callout

Ace Of Spades
Cheat on the Church
Crossroads
All of This
Cowboys From Hell
Bark At The Moon

GROUP B
Eureka, I've Found Love
Fat Lip

Even Rats
Farewell Myth
Fly On The Wall
Godzilla
Frankenstein
Decontrol
Get Ready 2 Rokk
Fire It Up

GROUP C
I Love Rock & Roll
Hey
Hey You
I Wanna Be Sedated

Higher Ground
Graveyard Shift
Infected
Heart Full of Black
Guitar Hero
Iron Man

GROUP D
Stellar
Killer Queen
Sail Your Ship By
Story of My Love
More Than A Feeling
Sharp Dressed Man

Smoke On The Water
No One Knows
Spanish Castle Magic
Symphony Of Destruction

GROUP E
Take Me Out
Unsung

Thunder Kiss 65
The Breaking Wheel
Take It Off
Ziggy Stardust
Texas Flood
Trippolette

So basically I agree with f4, except for I think Take It Off is Harder than The Breaking Wheel. Learning to either use the hopos in TiO or trying to strum the triplets is harder than anything in TBW.

Also note that I have played and FC'd Graveyard Shift, so I can accurately rank it.

Also, voided, have you played all of the songs on expert recently, because some of your ranks are not even close to reality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

added some youtube links for the secret songs since no one seems to know them because of the witchcraft you have to go through to actually play them.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in my post above, I have access to Graveyard Shift, and have played and FC'd it. I am confident in my ranking of it as harder than Higher Ground, but easier than Infected.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: GH1 - Master FC Breakdown project thread 1 Reply with quote

Top is hardest, bottom is easiest

GROUP A
Bark At The Moon
Cowboys From Hell
Cheat on the Church
Crossroads
All of This
Ace Of Spades
Cochise
Caveman Rejoice
Callout
Behind The Mask

GROUP B
Decontrol
Get Ready 2 Rokk
Fire It Up (I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it belongs below Decontrol and GR2R >.>)
Frankenstein
Fly On The Wall
Godzilla
Even Rats
Farewell Myth
Fat Lip
Eureka, I've Found Love

GROUP C
Iron Man
Guitar Hero
Heart Full of Black (gave me a shitton of trouble for some reason, almost as much as GH)
Infected
Graveyard Shift (I've FCed the song, it's not bad at all)
Higher Ground
Hey You
I Love Rock & Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
Hey

GROUP D
Symphony Of Destruction
Spanish Castle Magic
No One Knows
Smoke On The Water
More Than A Feeling
Sharp Dressed Man
Sail Your Ship By
Killer Queen
Story of My Love
Stellar

GROUP E
Texas Flood
Trippolette
Thunder Kiss 65
Ziggy Stardust
The Breaking Wheel
Take It Off
Take Me Out
Unsung

I'll have to replay Trippolette tomorrow and see if it belongs there. Honestly, I think I remember Texas Flood being harder simply because it's such a varied song, whereas Trippolette's hardest part is about maintaining a solid triplet rhythm for a good 40 seconds. GH1 probably makes that really hard, of course, but... Texas Flood might have the edge. idk. Then again as people read this I'm sure they're thinking "wtf of course Trippolette is the hardest of this group, you idiot"... but... I dunno I haven't played it in awhile aside from on RBN which is probably affecting my stance more than it should

EDIT: Yeah I could definitely see myself FCing Trippolette before TF

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs

Last edited by yksi-kaksi-kolme on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave: Yeah, TBW ain't harder than TiO or Ziggy, but group D is the one with the most songs I don't remember that well.

Also, yes, I do not consider Iron man that hard. It's annoying as hell, but not hard. Infected could move to the top, though.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
ace5993  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why we're doing this at all, why not just choose the easiest song from GH1 as a whole? Splitting it up into random groups doesn't help at all, just adds a completely pointless extra process. Everyone knows what the 5 or so choices are for the easiest song in GH1, let's pick from those rather than have the risk of choosing between 1, 3, 4, 6, and 11th easiest if the groups are unevenly matched (which they are). Let's just vote songs, first to five votes wins, then after the first list is done we move on to the next section. Perhaps something different can be done for games where people don't know all the songs really well but this is absolutely not necessary here.

All in favor of eliminating the pointless and time-consuming phase 1 say aye.

I vote Hey for the easiest song in case the idea catches on.

EDIT: Spoon by doing it this way you already have a mini-argument on whether Texas Flood or Trippolette is harder, let's save those arguments on the harder songs until we reach them, that's what the goal was right?
eddaket  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
I don't understand why we're doing this at all, why not just choose the easiest song from GH1 as a whole? Splitting it up into random groups doesn't help at all, just adds a completely pointless extra process. Everyone knows what the 5 or so choices are for the easiest song in GH1, let's pick from those rather than have the risk of choosing between 1, 3, 4, 6, and 11th easiest if the groups are unevenly matched (which they are). Let's just vote songs, first to five votes wins, then after the first list is done we move on to the next section. Perhaps something different can be done for games where people don't know all the songs really well but this is absolutely not necessary here.

All in favor of eliminating the pointless and time-consuming phase 1 say aye.

I vote Hey for the easiest song in case the idea catches on.

EDIT: Spoon by doing it this way you already have a mini-argument on whether Texas Flood or Trippolette is harder, let's save those arguments on the harder songs until we reach them, that's what the goal was right?

Doing it this way is nice when you get to the middle of the pack. Yeah we know the 5 easiest and the 5 hardest, but who can honestly say they know the 5 that belong at 15-19?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: