Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RockSmith: Authentic Guitar Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: RockSmith: Authentic Guitar Games Reply with quote

Available for: Xbox360, PS3, and PC (Delayed)
Works with: Any Guitar (uses a 1/4 inch to USB)
Release: October 18th
EU Release: 2012 TBA

Trailers wrote:

Announcement Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeIQxLekfLw

The Musician
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDIr0n8OP0w

The Gamer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzoavA8B_8

The Beginner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAP-IvVXoHM

Known Songs:

Rocksmith Setlist So Far

Best Coast - "When I'm With You"
Blur - "Song 2"
Cream - "Sunshine Of Your Love"
Dan Auerbach - "I Want Some More"
David Bowie - "Rebel Rebel"
Franz Ferdinad - "Take Me Out"
Incubus - "I Miss You"
Interpol - "Slow Hands"
Jarvis Cocker - "Angela"
Jenny O -"Well OK Honey"
Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama"
Muse - "Plug In Baby"
Muse - "Unnatural Selection"
Nirvana - "Breed"
Nirvana - "In Bloom"
Queens of the Stone Age - "Go With the Flow"
Radiohead - "High And Dry"
Rapscallions - "California Brian"
Red Fang - "Number Thirteen"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Higher Ground"
Silversun Pickups - "Panic Switch"
Sigur Ros - "Gobbledigook"
Soundgarden - "Outshined"
Spoon - "Me And The Bean"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Between the Lines"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"
Taddy Porter - "Mean B.i.t.c.h"
The Animals - "House of the Rising Sun"
The Black Keys - "I Got Mine"
The Black Keys - "Next Girl"
The Boxer Rebellion - "Step Out Of The Car"
The Cribs - "We Share The Same Skies"
The Cure - "Boys Don't Cry
The Horrors - "Do You Remember"
The Pixies - "Where's Is My Mind"
The Rolling Stones - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
The Rolling Stones - "The Spider And the Fly"
The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
The Yellow Moon Band - "Chimney"
The XX - "Islands"
Titus Andronicus - "A More Perfect Union"
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Good Enough"
VsThem - "6AM Salvation"
Velvet Revolver - "Slither"
White Denim - "Burnished"

DLC
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Radiohead - Bodysnatchers

Game Features wrote:

Introducing the next stage in the evolution of the guitar game. Rocksmith™, the first and only game where you can plug into any real guitar.

When we say any guitar we mean any guitar.

Whether it’s the guitar sitting in your attic, your cherished faithful steed, or the guitar you have yet to buy, Rocksmith lets you plug any guitar into your Xbox 360® or PlayStation®3 system.

Difficulty settings that adapt to your ability.

You love a challenge, but hate being overwhelmed. With addicting gameplay that adapts to your personal skill level, you will automatically progress from single notes to complex chords without getting in over your head.

Lots of music. Lots of styles.

One of the most satisfying moments for any guitar player is hearing yourself play your favorite song for the first time. Rocksmith has amassed an amazing library of songs from different music genres allowing players to experience that moment first hand.

Play songs instead of just learning them.

You want to play new songs, but you don't want to labor through tablature or cringe through poorly produced videos. No problem. Rocksmith will not only present you with new songs, but will also challenge you to step away from the notes on screen and play songs by memory.

We can't reveal everything just yet, but the FAQ below will answer most of your current questions. Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? Click on over to Facebook and ask us directly.

Nothing compares to playing a real guitar. Except playing Rocksmith.

Frequently Asked Questions wrote:

Can I use my guitar with Rocksmith?

Most likely, the answer is yes. If your guitar has a standard ¼ inch jack for you to plug in a cable, then yes, your guitar will work. If your guitar does not have a jack (for example, many acoustic guitars), you can go down to your local music store and buy a pickup, and your guitar will be ready to plug in and play.

Will I need an amplifier to play the game?

Nope. All you need is a TV, a guitar, and our game. With Rocksmith, your TV or home theatre system becomes your amplifier. You plug your guitar directly into the console, and play. It's that easy.

I've never played guitar, and it seems difficult and intimidating. How do you expect me to play this game with no prior guitar knowledge?

Unlike other music games with only 4 difficulty modes, our game adapts to your personal skill level in real time, making it possible for you to play and have fun. If you're a beginning guitar player, the game will treat you as such, and constantly challenge you to improve without overwhelming you.

I'm an experienced guitar player, and am not interested in a game for beginners. Why should I own this game?

If you're an experienced guitar player, it will recognize this, and feed you the amount of notes that you're able to play. If that's 100% of what the actual guitar is playing in the recorded song, then good for you. You've just learned a new song while playing a video game. Plus, what other video game out there allows you to plug in your own guitar? None! This is a one-of-a-kind experience that you are guaranteed to enjoy.

Will Rocksmith have rhythm or lead guitar in the gameplay?

Both. You will be able to choose rhythm or lead before you begin playing a song. Basically, whatever guitar parts are featured in the actual recorded song, we will have available for you to play.

Are there effects pedals in the game?

There are loads of effects pedals built into the game, and they are all the real deal. You'll get to tweak your sounds, and string them together with nearly infinite combinations until you're satisfied. Whether it's a crunchy distortion, a vintage tremolo, or a psychedelic reverb, we have the gamut covered to make sure you can achieve the sound you're looking for.

Will there be multiplayer?

Absolutely. But we can't reveal everything just yet. More on this to come.

What songs will you have in the game?

The intention of our song list is to capture a wide range of music, while concentrating on fun, guitar centric tracks. We can't reveal our full song list quite yet, but rest assured that it spans from old to new, classic to contemporary, fast to slow, easy to insanely difficult… you get the point.

Will there be chord charts?

Yes! And they are interactive.

What is this I'm hearing about mini-games?

There will be a wide variety of mini-games that will challenge you to hone in on specific skills. Whether its scales, or finger dexterity you want to improve on, our mini-games will have you covered, and addicted.

Setlist wrote:

When Rocksmith debuts around September, it will come with about 45 songs from the likes of the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Nirvana and the Animals.

--

Another Guitar Hero killer was the cost to license music. But Key says that's not an issue yet with Rocksmith because bands seem eager to align themselves with a guitar game with benefits more so than mere video game. He promises songs on Rocksmith that aren't available to Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

Does that include something from Led Zeppelin, which Activision CEO Bobby Kotick once referred to as "the Holy Grail"?

"I can't specifically disclose the conversation I had with them," Key said.

Peripheral? wrote:

Ubisoft is even negotiating with the likes of Gibson and others to sell a version of the game for about $200 that would come bundled with an electric guitar, people close to the negotiations told The Hollywood Reporter.

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ubisoft-announces-new-guitar-video-167560

Last edited by toymachine on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 16 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually be interested in this one. I decided against pro guitar for Rock Band 3 because realistically, I thought it would be way too time consuming to actually become decent. If Rocksmith can actually live up to what they're promising (and if they can deliver DLC), then dragging a new guitarist along with mid song adjustments is probably the better way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Gig V2.

Forgive my skepticism, but I'm skeptical.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wutdaflux wrote:
Power Gig V2.

Forgive my skepticism, but I'm skeptical.

toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But Rocksmith breaks each song into dozens of bite-sized phrases and keeps track of the sections in which the player stumbles and the sections they breeze through. It uses the data to dynamically adjust how difficult to make each phrase, ramping up the areas that players find easy and making up mini-tutorials on the fly for sections in which the player has trouble.

The game also comes with mini-games aimed at teaching techniques, such as note-bending (where a player plays a note that turns into another note) and sliding (a trick often used by blues musicians to create a wailing sound).

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/03/ubisoft-rocksmith-game-teaches-how-to-play-a-real-guitar.html

also this may be the guitar that comes with Rocksmith if you need one:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Epiphone/LP-Express.aspx
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting, but not something I'd be interested in. XD

And before someone brings up RB3 Pro Guitar, that doesn't feel like I'm actually playing real guitar, but more like a very much more difficult Rock Band guitar. Maybe it's the Mustang being buttons, but it feels like a video game, not like I'm actually playing the guitar. The squire I do not like the play, but this game would honestly not be something I'd do because I already play real guitar and know a ton of songs (mostly my own.)

However, if there's a feature that lets you put your own guitar tabs up online to download, I would definitely grab this for that.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this is what Guitar Rising turned into.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good so far. I like that they picked up Gibson for the guitar. Just wonder how the tech is going to work, I guess.

Seems like a guitarist's dream so far, too. I'd like drums and vocals, and heck, bass too, but I'll go with what's there.

Off-topic: Since it's relevant (REALLY relevant), should this maybe be moved to Misc GH? I know it's in the right place and all here, but I think more people need to see it than they will just by looking in here.
Megashot  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this actually looks pretty promising. I just hope that Ubisoft can help this game get past the cynical, music-game hating Gaming Media (i.e. certain Gaming Websites) and encourage people to check it out.

Since I like music games, I always welcome a fresh new contender. Too bad some already have their mind set and don't want to see any more music games. If only the gaming media wasn't so hell bent on making sure that the music game genre dies out, games like this (and even Guitar Hero/Rock Band) would still be doing good. Of course, basic interest also comes to mind as well (like, if people are still interested in such a game).

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recognize any albums?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Musician

The Gamer

same video

this look awful, but since you can use any guitar you want, thats a big plus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks interesting, definite rental at least just because of Slow Hands. Choosing between rhythm and lead is great and changing difficulty automatically could be either really cool or a terrible idea. I'm hoping they have Bass support too but they haven't announced it, three way multiplayer with real instruments would be quite something. And PC support, even more awesome. Just hopefully they didn't base all this around broken gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
BathTub  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

Recognize any albums?

Only the first one, "The Yellow Moon Band - Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World".
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Off-topic: Since it's relevant (REALLY relevant), should this maybe be moved to Misc GH? I know it's in the right place and all here, but I think more people need to see it than they will just by looking in here.
This is not a Guitar Hero game, thus it is in the correct forum.

This looks interesting. If the tech works and isn't buggy, I would actually be into this. Being able to use any guitar I want and the supposed wide range of difficulties are definitely the two things missing from RB Pro that would have otherwise gotten me interested in it.
SpudOfDoom  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the trailer for this earlier today. Not sure if I would go for it over RB3 pro though. I'll hang around for a few months before getting either, I think, to see if the gameplay in this is any good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: