ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
B. Vicious' Guitar Covers: Maiden, At The Gates and Testament!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
it was pretty good bro. how long did it take you to make it? (both writing the music and playing it all in one take)

It took me about 2 weeks to write and figure out what I wanted to play and what sounded good to me. Then it took another week to pull it all together and be able to take it in one run. It took me about three tries to get this run.

thedevilsreject wrote:
I thought it was good. The main licks of the song sounded nice and there were no obvious mess ups. The 'solo' sections consisted pretty much of shred and tapping. While I actually liked the shredding section the only real complaint about the song overall I had was that the tapping sounded kind of weak.

But yeah even though I've never commented in here I do watch all your stuff and enjoy it, it's always nice to see someone having fun while they play

I agree that the tapping wasn't that hard or impressive, but that's what I was aiming for since I didn't want it to be like most canon rock versions where the majority is shredding/sweeping. So I designed a quick and easy tapping section, I could have probably done a little better but I agree that it's prob the weakest part of my video. I'm glad you enjoy my videos

For my next guitar project, I plan to use the assistance of several of my friends. I plan to make an "Epic Theme Song Medley". Consisting of 4 of my personal favorite TV Theme Songs. Megas XLR, DragonBall Z, Power Rangers, and Pokemon (I'm thinking about having me rap the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as an intro). I'm gonna have a bunch of friends sing the theme songs as I play them.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it, I liked it. I guess since it's the first version I've heard without sweeping it stands out as different. Particularly since it's more shredding than sweeping (I prefer shredding...).

Also I saw your cover of "love me dead"'s solo and it inspired me to make a cover of my own hahah.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long to make a new cover, my camera was broken and I finally got it fixed. Here's my newest cover : Blow - Atreyu

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a new one : Kickstart My Heart : Motley Crue

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the cover...Why no talkbox?!?!?! (I'm assuming that is what is used in the studio version?).

I joke...it was a fantastic cover as per usual. Any chance of doing any more 80's bands soon?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I watched the cover...Why no talkbox?!?!?! (I'm assuming that is what is used in the studio version?).

I joke...it was a fantastic cover as per usual. Any chance of doing any more 80's bands soon?

Now that I look at it, I honestly don't have that many covers from the 80's (i have bands that existed in the 80's but the songs aren't from that time), there are two songs I can play that I have to put up yet (Aces High by Iron Maiden, and Always With Me, Always With You by Joe Satriani). I planned on learning a few songs such as Nothin But A Good Time by Poison, and Madhouse by Anthrax, and there are a few others, but yeah. A lot of my friends are asking for another Bullet For My Valentine cover, so that'll probably be next but after that I'll probably make one of the ones I mentioned above.

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more stuff along the lines of Ratt, Judas Priest, Scorpions & maybe some Extreme? Nuno Bettencourt is a beast though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I was thinking more stuff along the lines of Ratt, Judas Priest, Scorpions & maybe some Extreme? Nuno Bettencourt is a beast though.

I have considered learning Round and Round, Rock you like a hurricane, and a few priest songs in the past (i learned living after midnight for a while, and I definitely plan on learning Between The Hammer and the anvil)

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In anticipation of The Rockstar Uproar Festival that I'll be going to in 6 days, I've decided to learn and record a song by the 5 bands I want to see there. They are

Show Me The Way : Black Tide
The Webs We Weave : Escape The Fate
Pleasure and Pain : Bullet For My Valentine
Riot : Three Days Grace (already knew this one)
Second Heartbeat : Avenged Sevenfold

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Guitar Covers!

Pleasure And Pain : Bullet For My Valentine

CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
In anticipation of The Rockstar Uproar Festival that I'll be going to in 6 days, I've decided to learn and record a song by the 5 bands I want to see there. They are

The Webs We Weave : Escape The Fate
Pleasure and Pain : Bullet For My Valentine
Riot : Three Days Grace (already knew this one)
Second Heartbeat : Avenged Sevenfold

YES!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your cover of the Trooper & it inspired me to learn it myself..
Oh god I can't stop playing it...so fun.
When are you putting another cover up?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I saw your cover of the Trooper & it inspired me to learn it myself..
Oh god I can't stop playing it...so fun.
When are you putting another cover up?

I unfortunately can't put one up until my camera is back from best buy. It is busted so I'm just kinda waiting until I get a new one or they send it back.

But I'm glad to hear that I inspired you and you enjoy it

oh I've also made a page on facebook for myself so anyone who enjoys my videos should like it http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandon-Karas-bk2421/290430267640202?sk=wall

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second I get my camera back I will be making a cover of Eminem's "Lose Yourself" with my own guitar solo that I've added to the end of the song I'll possibly have some of my friends rap it in the background :P

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my camera back

If you guys help me get 50 likes on my guitar page by saturday, I'll post 3 guitar videos next week

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandon-Karas-bk2421/290430267640202

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: