Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A new Rhythm Game is being made
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: A new Rhythm Game is being made Reply with quote

Just wanted to tell you guys that a new rhythm game is being made and it uses the Guitar Hero guitar peripherals. I'm not able to say too much about it right now, but I will be posting video footage of the game in action, some Q&A with the developer, etc. on my youtube channel youtube.com/starslay3r throughout the next 7 or so days.

I'm posting here about this because this game is going to need your help. This developer REALLY wants to get the rhythm game community involved with helping to make this game bigger and better, to add new things, and to share what you've discovered with other users. Because of the fact that many of you have experience dissecting the former Guitar Hero games I figured some of you may be interesting in testing your talents in a new area.

Again, I can't give out too much information, but I hope that you guys will keep an eye on my youtube and my website for some news as it'd be great to see how you guys can take this new game to the next level. Again, hold on to your Guitar Hero guitars, because you're going to need them for this one! ^_^

Thank you for taking the time to read, and sorry again for being so vague... I have to stick with their rules with how much information is released and how often.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of hard to get involved knowing absolutely nothing about the game, gameplay, etc. Not even a name?

I'll keep an eye on this thread though, so keep posting information when your allowed, or hell, get the devs to sign up here.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the notes be rectangular or circles? Because if they're not rectangular I refuse to play.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the entire game is metal I will not enjoy it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If every DLC comes with a free cupcake, I might just buy this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name is still being worked on. The release date is set for about a week from now. The game will be in it's beta version for about 3 months and that is when they'll need the most input from you guys. This is not a major game like Ubisoft's upcoming game, and everything has been hush hush, so that's why I must be so vague. I have been told that 2 days before the game is supposed to go live I can pretty much post whatever I want, but for the next few days I have to get approval before submitting videos and before saying too much.

My first post is just to get you guys in the loop and know that something that has never been done before in the rhythm game world is going to be attempted within a week or so. I've played only one game that was even slightly similar to this, and it was an arcade rhythm game. This is not another guitar hero, it's nothing like beatmania or power gig or anything else that you're probably currently playing or have played in the past.

The potential for this game is endless as they are going to be VERY community oriented, and they willbe listening to what you guys want and trying to make it happen.

I'll be posting another video within the next few days at max that will give you a more general idea of what to expect. They were supposed to release a video soon with someone you guys are pretty familiar with due to his work with Guitar Hero 1 and 2. So they're going all out... I hope you guys will be as impressed with what they came up with as I am. ^_^

Again, thanks for baring with me while I go through the vagueness of the initial stage of talking about this game.

Last edited by StarSlay3r on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not a major release, I can assume it's on the PC? Specs? Cost? Blah. Can't wait until more details are released. If the specs for it arnt too demanding, I'll definitely play it.

Also, you were on, what was it, The Ultimate Gamer or something like that, that was on SyFy, correct?

It's weird that they want to be so much under the radar if the beta for it is coming out in a week.

Also, I hope it's not anything like Power Gig. I don't think people would play it then
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am intrigued, and I'll be following this thread. That's about all that can be said, at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarSlay3r wrote:
They were supposed to release a video today with someone you guys are pretty familiar with due to his work with Guitar Hero 1 and 2. So they're going all out... I hope you guys will be as impressed with what they came up with as I am. ^_^

StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this hold you over for a couple more days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3eaFlPtEZU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarSlay3r wrote:
Will this hold you over for a couple more days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3eaFlPtEZU

Looks... interesting. If it actually a game, or is your computer just acting like an amp and converting your button presses into a guitar-like sound? The screen in the background doesn't look like it's doing anything.
StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see what he wants you to see. ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarSlay3r wrote:
You see what he wants you to see. ^_^

That's what she said.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL Man, I gotta say, I miss being on Scorehero. What's everyone up to now that there wont be any new GH songs to FC? Have you guys all pretty much moved onto Rock Band and stuff, or what? I made the move to Dance Central mostly myself, can't help my addiction to rhythm games... but I'm just curious what all of you are up to!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarSlay3r wrote:
LoL Man, I gotta say, I miss being on Scorehero. What's everyone up to now that there wont be any new GH songs to FC? Have you guys all pretty much moved onto Rock Band and stuff, or what? I made the move to Dance Central mostly myself, can't help my addiction to rhythm games... but I'm just curious what all of you are up to!

I moved onto PowerGig; they know how to chart a song correctly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: