Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
MLB Thread: Is it March yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be the fourth team in the live ball era to throw 5 consecutive shutouts if the Giants pull it off tonight. Matt Cain's the one guy you want too.

The Braves' inconsistency is maddening. Neither the pitching or hitting is consistently reliable, but both have shown plenty of flashes. Crucial series this weekend against the Nationals. After that, a 4 game set against the Cubs will be the only easy games they see for a while. If they can just get the pitching and hitting going simultaneously, they can go on a pretty big tear. I think.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. vBob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball. Bob Selig put replay in baseball.

Seriously though, I've seen so many bad umpire calls in the past three years it's not even funny. Either hire better umpires (Good luck on that) or start adding replay to the game. People are trying to come up with reasons NOT to, which I don't understand. What's the trouble of having a fifth umpire up in a booth, letting the crew chief know about a close play? That's all you have to do. It takes 20 seconds max to look at a close play and let someone know if a player is out/safe, a ball was a hit/out, etc. etc.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't get the giant aversion to having a fifth replay-oriented umpire, either. It means there are additional umpiring jobs available! And that the integrity of the sport will stay intact for additional years and decades! No one's suggesting that every ticky-tacky balls-and-strikes call needs coverage, but when everybody watching the game can tell that the fair/foul call was botched except for the one dude on the field with any authority, seriously: you might need to fix things there.

(I hate that the umpires' union is doing nothing to help matters on this front. They still want a system that's mostly tenure-based, where things like "exemplary performance" are quietly disregarded in favor of "service time" and the like. They've similarly frowned upon tech advances like PitchFX accordingly. It's a little sad.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this hasn't been updated in a while, i'm shocked. If anyone else is a baseball nut like me, I could make a 2.0 thread and ressurect it?

On topic: it's nice to see the Red Sox have turned it around from a year ago. I'm sick of throwing temper tantrums in September

pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go red sox
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Pirates!

Seriously, I've been watching them for a long while, in hoping that they finally break their losing streak.

I am soooo glad they did, but I'm not entirely convinced. I'm waiting to see if they keep players or trade them off like they usually do, showing me that this is a fluke year. I mean I'll take it for being a fluke year, but I'm just willing to see if his money grubbing hands wants to dig in and make it pretty apparent that he doesn't give a shit about the team.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Go Pirates!

Seriously, I've been watching them for a long while, in hoping that they finally break their losing streak.

I am soooo glad they did, but I'm not entirely convinced. I'm waiting to see if they keep players or trade them off like they usually do, showing me that this is a fluke year. I mean I'll take it for being a fluke year, but I'm just willing to see if his money grubbing hands wants to dig in and make it pretty apparent that he doesn't give a shit about the team.

If the Pirates get bounced in the first round, then the season was all for nothing. I expect them to make to the NLCS at this rate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates have one of the best minor league systems in baseball. They are going to be good for a while.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another surprise could be the Indians. I'm glad to see them back in the hunt. It seems like they haven't had a good team since the mid 90's.

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew..Sox got past the ALDS but scared me a little. This should be a really interesting matchup vs. the Tigers. A matchup of probably the two best teams in baseball right now, I was really hoping the A's would muster out another win to keep them from playing the Tigers

pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

red sox won the world series yesterday
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh that was a good celebration! Now for probably the time of the year I pay attention the most to baseball, free agency. I don't know why I enjoy it, but I always like to see what goes on behind the scenes, what people are thinking, and how teams are formed. Then I like to laugh at the critics who overrate teams that make major trades.

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAT TRADE DOE.

Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler??

Maybe it makes more sense for the Tigers than you'd think...

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
DAT TRADE DOE.

Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler??

Maybe it makes more sense for the Tigers than you'd think...

They are both deteriorating and Fielder's contract is an albatross.

Detroit moves Miggy back to first, puts a real 3B at 3B (or Castellanos), and their infield defense massively improves. Plus they have a better option at 2B and some salary relief.

Texas gets a place to play Profar (2B) and a first baseman who can actually hit.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was definitely a good move for both sides, plus that takes Napoli off Texas's radar, breathing a sigh of relief in hopes of the Red Sox retaining him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: