Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Golden Gods 2011 Awards
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Golden Gods 2011 Awards Reply with quote

Results for the 2011 Golden Gods Awards are here:

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/revolver-golden-gods-winners-from-last-night-announced.html

You can view this on VH1 classic on May 28 2011.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like, the 2011 Avenged Sevenfold Awards, lol.

Why is Avenged Sevenfold album of the year? Do they mean "Nightmare"? It's kind of embarrassing either way... that they don't know the name of the correct album or they don't know the year that it came out.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good night for Avenged Sevenfold. I was very happy with everything that happened for them. Winning 4 out of 5 awards they were up for? Ya, that kicks a lot of ass.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yea - good point Hailz... the guy who posted that must've been up too late the night before, but it was definitely A7X's Nightmare from 2010 that won.

Only award we missed out on was best live band... but I never really liked our chances against Rammstein.

Can't wait to see it the clips posted on youtube and the show on VH1 classic (though hopefully they don't suck as bad this year with editing -[ie - cutting off rev's win of drummer of the year])

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the worst set of awards I've ever seen. Especially laughable is Black Veil Brides winning anything other than the "worst goddamn band of all time" award
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
This might be the worst set of awards I've ever seen. Especially laughable is Black Veil Brides winning anything other than the "worst goddamn band of all time" award

Oh, you.

Pretty much this, but nicer.

Let's try: I saw that I could catch this on VH1 next month. That excited me. Then I read the rest of the article. I'll pass. Fucking garbage.

Oops. Tried to be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avenged Sevenfold basically taking home everything is...kinda lame, but not to be unexpected when it really just comes down to popularity in the end for alot of these choices lol Hard to take these ones too seriously when Murderdolls beats out Accept, Shadows beats out Dickinson, and Gates/Vengeance beats out Maiden, Laiho, and Gus G. lol
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Black Veil Brides won. I didn't even know anyone liked them. It's a god damn shame they won over The Damned Things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hailz and Blake

they are not saying the album "Avenged Sevenfold" is what won. They are just saying Avenged Sevenfold won that award lol.

I've always enjoyed these kinds of music awards. Whether you agree with who wins or not, I think they are fun to watch.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOAR LIEK SCAVENGED FOURFOLD, MIRITE?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Shadows beats out Dickinson, and Gates/Vengeance beats out Maiden, Laiho, and Gus G. lol

The fuck?

I don't mind A7X, in fact I like some of their stuff. But Dickinson is generally referred to as pretty much one of the greatest (in some cases THE greatest) metal vocalist of all time.

And Gates/Vengeance better than Gers I agree with, and arguably Murray, but better than Adrian Smith? Come on now.

And I'm gonna have to side with popemobile on black veil brides, just looked up some of their stuff and good god. Does Metalcore get any more stereotypically juvenile than that?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even comment on the fact that A7X won 4 awards, which I simply find laughable, because I was so astonished that BVB were even recognized as music let alone won an award
lazor  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popular metal is getting more and more disappointing.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The awards are based on the albums those bands put out in that year... so it's not that M. Shadows is better than all of the other singers.. he just got voted as the best (by fans) based on that album for that year.

You can't take these awards too seriously with all of the fan/spam voting that is allowed, but personally I love Avenged Sevenfold, so I was very excited to see them get so much deserved credit and bounce back so strong after Jimmy (Rev) passed.

I know that not everyone gets into A7X, but you can't honestly deny their talent. They may not be your cup of tea, but they create fantastic musical adventures with each cd. I am a little disappointed in the fact that Times of Grace didn't win best new artist/group and that the nominees for best album didn't include Fever from B4MV or As I Lay Dyin's new cd... but it is what is, I guess.

ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I think you've missed quite an obvious one:

Honorary Headbanger Award: William Shatner James T. Kirk
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: