Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unimportant196 wrote:
Season two is over

wut do

Watch The Office.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
So, for the first time I'm actually waiting in the wings for somebody~pony to upload Season 2 Episode 4. ;) OH GOD WHY DON'T I HAVE CABLE NOW?

I'm starting to really like this show now. I think I've seen almost every episode so far. I was reluctant before but now I just can't avoid the cute ponies. LAUREN FAUST YOUR WORK IS INFECTIOUS.

Haha I remember in IRC you saying how you never would get into the show, especially due to your husband. But now.... haha! :P

And about "LAUREN FAUST YOUR WORK IS INFECTIOUS.", well, just look at your avatar for the answers on how she does it.

Also, this week CMC episode excitedx10.

The first time I've posted on SH in 4 months
Well, me and Louster talk ponies on FB, and I have converted 3 or 4 friends into full-on pony lovers.

Also Hailz, is it bad that I picture you as Lauren Faust?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsboy85 wrote:
Also Hailz, is it bad that I picture you as Lauren Faust?

No actually that is probably a good comparison (both physically and with the whole nerdy-artist thing)... I only wish I was that awesome and successful though

On topic: Season 2 is on Netflix now, so yeah. Nice to watch it in big-screen HD awesome. I'm pretty sure the finale was the best episode because Twilight is best pony.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you might like some semi-related-to-MLP lulz. I did a search on Netflix (since you can search by director, cast, etc), and this was the top result:

Wonder if Netflix is trying to tell me something? lol

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 2 finale was, essentially, a Miyazaki film condensed into 44 minutes (and westernized).

I can't wait for season 3. Trixie is gonna be in it, it's gonna be pretty rad.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pony.

Klaww  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...i made fun of this one guy that was older than me in class that was a brony (to the point of his 18th birthday cake had pinkie on it) for being one...
then my girlfriend said something about it recently and i looked it up for funsies. After seeing all about Lauren Faust and i immediately looked it up and watch.
Don't know how to describe how much I love it, lets just say i wrote that friend a page long apology letter and can't stop watching.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
(to the point of his 18th birthday cake had pinkie on it

Congrats on discovering the show, but I'd just like to say that your friend having this on his cake is a little creepy and obsessive...

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creepy and obsessive, or awesome? My husband and I had a Powerpuff Girls and Guitar Hero cake. Get on our level. ;)

Anyway, let's replace ponies on his cake with something more boyish, say, NFL. If he had footballs or his favorite team's logo on his cake that wouldn't be obsessive, that's normal, right, because boys are supposed to like football? Funny how something as minor as a birthday cake would denote obsession, when if you replace it with something more socially acceptable for an 18 year old guy, then it's all fine.

Good on him for doing whatever the hell he wants!

Anyway, I, too, am eagerly awaiting season 3. Even though I hate Trixie, Twilight is best pony and it sounds like this season will focus on her most.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Anyway, I, too, am eagerly awaiting season 3. Even though I hate Trixie, Twilight is best pony and it sounds like this season will focus on her most.

I hope Twilight doesn't steal the spotlight yet again. The episode structure of the first season made it basically 100% required to have Twilight in every episode, and this was a recognized/averted problem in season two. I'm pretty sure that Lesson Zero was just intended as a way to change the show away from "TWILIGHT and her MAGICAL FRIENDS!"

...then they screwed it up by making every single episode about RBD, but it was a good try anyway.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the way they handled season 2 was good, since it allowed for focus on the other ponies. But other than 2 or 3 episodes last season Twilight wasn't a huge character at all. Hopefully she gets some more love this season.

Though admittedly I think I just don't like Rainbow Dash. I don't get why everyone loves her. The character design is great, but her personality just isn't appealing. Then again, maybe I will like her more eventually. I hated Rarity at first, but after the episode "Suited for Success" she became the 2nd best pony because it's basically clientsfromhell.net as explained through My Little Pony. Oh, I can relate...

1KJ08mq.jpg
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Twilight is best pony and it sounds like this season will focus on her most.

Well, we agree on something. Happy to hear this season will be a refocus on her...

MehPlusRawr wrote:
...then they screwed it up by making every single episode about RBD, but it was a good try anyway.

It seemed to me like they focused on the Apple Family every episode...

Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. i don't like twilight too much. Love Tara Strong and all, but not a fan of twilight.
I liked RBD the most initially, but after seeing dragonshy, i think fluttershy might be my favorite. or pinkie pie, because pinkie pie. lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Though admittedly I think I just don't like Rainbow Dash. I don't get why everyone loves her. The character design is great, but her personality just isn't appealing. Then again, maybe I will like her more eventually. I hated Rarity at first, but after the episode "Suited for Success" she became the 2nd best pony because it's basically clientsfromhell.net as explained through My Little Pony. Oh, I can relate...

I also don't like her.

Suited for Success is one of the best episodes- not because it was funny or well-written, but because the character development was amazing. Everyone hated Rarity before then, seemed to mentally label her "SHALLOW USELESS BITCH," but then that episode showed up and added a layer of depth to her. It showed that the work she did was actual legitimate work, even though it was aesthetic compared to, say, Applejack's manual labor. It showed that she was legitimately generous and wanted to help her friends in the best way she could. It gave us respect for her.

Rainbow didn't really have episodes like that IMO. We don't know as much about them, and Rainbow only seems to show up once in a while being a dick.

Fluttershy is just stereotypical MAI WAIFU~ copied from any Japanese work with moe-as-hell shenanigans.

Pinkie is a fucking force of nature that occasionally seems to be ponified Deadpool, and the source of quite a lot of metahumor. Best.

Tara Strong is absolutely the best. Love that woman. By extension, Twilight is also great.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, exactly. I mean you could make the argument that Rainbow had a few episodes where she realized her attitude was bad and she had to turn it around (such as the one where she was injured and reading the book, and the one where she had to get a turtle for a pet, which to my knowledge didn't show up again after that episode right?) but it's all for nothing if the very next episode she's back to being her dick-ish self. Compare her personality to, say, Buttercup, who is a much more likable character. I think it's because we're supposed to believe the ponies are "adults" or at least teenage/college-aged, which RBD's personality is very cocky and child-like.

I like Fluttershy and I wish she would get more episodes. She could have a much more interesting character beyond "cute and quiet" if the writers did more here. I like Pinkie Pie but she also doesn't get a lot of interesting development which would be nice to see. Party of One was an interesting episode, she is so insecure...

And yeah, Tara Strong is basically awesome. I remember my mind being blown when I found out she was Timmy Turner and Ben 10. But I think the most surprising of her characters is Raven from Teen Titans. I mean talk about a 180 from Twilight and Bubbles.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: