ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What's Scoreheros opinion on Animals as Leaders?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HFactorX  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: What's Scoreheros opinion on Animals as Leaders? Reply with quote

This band is great....better than great. I love this style of music, that progressive sort of tech metal with jazz like drums in the background. It's amazing the amount of effort these guys put into their songs. They make it technical as shit but still manage to keep it catchy enough for an average listener. Oh and plus they play pretty much everything perfectly at live shows. Just wish they were getting more publicity.

So, anyone else heard of them? If so, what do you think of them?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only complaint is that sometimes they seem to be playing robotically, like there's no emotion, but the album with its djentiness goodness makes up for it. Better than Periphery, even though I love Periphery

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
HFactorX  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
My only complaint is that sometimes they seem to be playing robotically, like there's no emotion, but the album with its djentiness goodness makes up for it. Better than Periphery, even though I love Periphery
I agree, thei stage presence isn't up to the standards set by the genre they are in. But I couldn't fathom trying to play what they do and jump around and get into it at the same time. I guess it's more of an arguement of if you prefer stage presence over sounding good/perfect or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't deny that that every single member of this band is talented (even the guitarist, my god he's insane). But, their music doesn't stand out too much in my opinion. I'm also going to have to agree with TL in how they play rather robotically. Not at live shows particularly, which I can deal with, but on their records.
sean2490  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless something changed, I'm pretty sure Animals as Leaders is a solo project by Tosin Abasi. Drums I'm 100% sure are a drum machine throughout the record, and I think Tosin played the bass as well as the guitar.

Not sure what the deal is with the dudes who play with him live.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the songs are decent and the others are wankfests that put a djent in my brain
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Unless something changed, I'm pretty sure Animals as Leaders is a solo project by Tosin Abasi. Drums I'm 100% sure are a drum machine throughout the record, and I think Tosin played the bass as well as the guitar.

Not sure what the deal is with the dudes who play with him live.

When they play live they actually got another 8 string guitarist doing rhythm and another guy on drums.

I love these guys, when I first heard them it was something totally new and awesome to me and still is awesome to this day.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
Some of the songs are decent and the others are wankfests that put a djent in my brain

This. I have their album and I like it, but sometimes it wanks a bit to much for my prude ears. I saw them live and it was insane, however.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in love with their album. CAFO has the one of the most epic guitar licks ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDVp4gLs-I

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
BioHazardABZ  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad. Ass. Do I need any further explanation?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
HFactorX  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tosin is a god among men when it comes to the guitar. But what interests me the most is Navene Koperweis (the drummer). It's amazing the amount of control he has, so many polyrhythms. After i heard CAFO, i almost wanted to stop drumming. haha

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love these guys As for the record sounding robotic, the drums were programmed by Bulb I think, and Tosin found two guys to play with him live. Navene Koperweis is an absolute beast. Just watch him playing CAFO on YT, how he plays programmed drums so easily and still rocks out, I have no idea.

He wins. Oh, and the guitars ain't bad either.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animals As Leaders is still my favorite djent band. I don't really think the music sounds as lacking in emotion as a lot of other people have stated. Even in the really technical crazy parts, the music always seems interesting. It's nowhere near as bad as MAB. /burn
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRh4lIGO4V0

This song is now one of my favorite all-time songs.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAL is amazing, and I'd have to agree that Wave of Babies and CAFO are the best two songs thus far... I'm actually pretty appalled that wave of babies didn't make the album. I first discovered them a few days after their self-titled album was released, and have been waiting for a follow up ever since.
I love djent, but they're definitely a step above pretty much every other djent band in my book, especially on a technical level. Best-case scenario is that Tosin is able to put as much thought and skill into their sophomore album as he did on the first, but that he (and maybe some of the folks he's touring with) could add some more emotion to their future tracks, because that's really the only thing they're lacking.
Also, if anyone has audacity or a similar program, listen to Inamorata in reverse. Not only does it sound awesome, but there's a pretty good sized portion that sounds almost the same as it does forward. This motherfucker is writing palindromal licks without telling anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: