ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DrSham - Easy Bass 1sts 462/467 - 5 to go!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrSham  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a long two weeks, but I got through it!...update time for GH:A

Easy Guitar

...nada! spent all my time getting easy points on Medium and Hard

Medium Guitar
1st #1 - Pink

3rd - Talk Talkin'
3rd - Always On The Run

...only spent my last day or so here but managed my first 1st with Pink, getting the *hard* squeeze but no extra ticks so there maybe a few more points left to optimal. Overall I reduxed my worst 10 songs (by ranking) adding 15.5k more points, going from 20th to 12th overall. Probably another 15k easy points before the going gets a bit tougher, but I'll save that for next time.

Hard Guitar
FC #10 - Dream On
FC #11 - Livin' On The Edge
FC #12 - Rag Doll
FC #13 - Sex Type Thing

-1 - No Surprize
-1 - Talk Talkin'
-1 - Uncle Salty
-1 - Movin' Out

-2 - Cat Scratch Fever
-2 - Shakin' My Cage
-2 - All Day And All Of The Night
-2 - Toys In The Attic

7* #17 - Always On The Run
7* #18 - Cat Scratch Fever
7* #19 - King Of Rock
7* #20 - Let The Music Do The Talking
7* #21 - Pink
7* #22 - Shakin' My Cage
7* #23 - All Day And All Of The Night
7* #24 - Nobody's Fault
7* #25 - Pandora's Box
7* #26 - Beyond Beautiful
7* #27 - Sweet Emotion
7* #28 - Sex Type Thing
7* #29 - Combination

6* #36 - Talk Talkin'
6* #37 - Mama Kin
6* #38 - Beyond Beautiful
6* #39 - Toys In The Attic

5* #41 - Joe Perry Guitar Battle

...as with last time I again spent most of my time on Hard, overall adding another 830k and went up from 204th to 119th. Certainly think I can get to the HGFC and who knows maybe a bit further but that will have to wait for next time.

Again, another solid effort but still plenty left before I have to start grinding, on all levels. Next up...a return to GH:WoR as my son (daniel) has overtaken my hard score and although he is better than me I will not, nay CAN NOT, have it!!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough couple of weeks this time, concentrating on grinding Hard, but now it's update time for GH:WoR

Hard Guitar
FC #54 - Black Rain
FC #55 - Self Esteem
FC #56 - Sharp Dressed Man (Live)
FC #57 - Burnin' For You
FC #58 - Unskinny Bop
FC #59 - Feels Like The First Time
FC #60 - Free Ride

-1 - Jet City Woman

-2 - Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
-2 - Savior
-2 - Paranoid (Live)

...added 7 new FC's to get to 60/93 which is above what I expected, although not sure I can get many more, and increased my overall score by 492k, going from 27th to 21st. Getting close to maxing out but hopefully I'll have a skill leap enough to get me to 24m next time. I also passed daniel (my son), for now anyway, although I fully expect him to add another chunk soon and leave me in the dust!!

Hard Bass
FC #75 - Bat Country
FC #76 - Ravenous
FC #77 - Been Caught Stealing
FC #78 - Speeding (Vault Version)
FC #79 - Nemesis

-2 - Burn
-2 - Psychosocial

...5 new FC's to get to 79/92 but reckon I could get as many as 85/92 before I max out. Added 365k to my overall score, going from 9th to 5th, although I expect InsolentWill to pass me soon enough as he's reduxing this as well. Maybe another 100k left before I have to really grind away but as I've only 13 songs left to FC anything more than that is gonna be tough.

All in all, I'm really happy with this, and might even have improved a little more, especially in the alt-strumming department and the soloing. Next up... GH:5 so we'll see if I can make some inroads there.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great update as always, Sham. Looks like you got a decent amount of new FC's as well as a large score improvement - also noticed a few high rankings here and there which is a good thing of course!

Keep up the good work and best of luck getting through GH5 which has some of the worst songs in the series, in my opinion!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants is a fucking bitch. im stuck on that one on Medium Guitar. that tiny solo in the middle piss me off.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
Great update as always, Sham. Looks like you got a decent amount of new FC's as well as a large score improvement - also noticed a few high rankings here and there which is a good thing of course!

Keep up the good work and best of luck getting through GH5 which has some of the worst songs in the series, in my opinion!

Thanks Chrisssss. Managing to knock off a few more each time and slowly getting better although not going for scores at all, just taking the 25% path and doing the best I can. My current progress on Hard is almost like yours on Expert, although I can't see myself ever progressing further than this.

As for GH5, yes the soundtrack is total garbage. No real 'classics' to speak of and as always the 80's is woefully under represented, although I'm probably showing my age a bit here!!

Cabanon wrote:
Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants is a fucking bitch. im stuck on that one on Medium Guitar. that tiny solo in the middle piss me off.

Yes it is, and even though I got a -2 I'm not really counting this as one that I'll 'just get next time'. In fact, I may never get closer than this in the future, ever!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another couple of weeks concentrating on grinding Hard, but now it's update time for GH:5

Hard Guitar
FC #45 - You Give Love A Bad Name
FC #46 - Smells Like Teen Spirit
FC #47 - 20th Century Boy
FC #48 - Six Days A Week
FC #49 - Du Hast
FC #50 - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
FC #51 - Back Round

-1 - Maiden, Mother & Crone
-1 - Superstition
-1 - Sultans Of Swing

-2 - We're An American Band
-2 - Runnin' Down A Dream
-2 - Brianstorm

...added 7 new FC's (same as last time with GH:WoR) to get to 51/85 which is about what I expected, although think I can probably get to 60/85 eventually, and increased my overall score by 526k, going from 38th to 31st. As with WoR, I'm getting close to maxing out but hopefully I'll have enough left in the tank to get me to 21m next time.

Hard Bass
FC #73 - Sympathy For The Devil
FC #74 - Runnin' Down A Dream
FC #75 - Dancing With Myself
FC #76 - Streamline Woman
FC #77 - Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)

-1 - Disconnected
-2 - Blue Day
-2 - Demon(s)
-3 - Deadbolt
-5 - 2 Minutes To Midnight
-6 - Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
-7 - 21st Century Schizoid Man
-8 - Lust For Life (Live)

...5 new FC's to get to 77/85 but reckon I might even be able to get the FGFC! Have 8 songs and 34 notes to go so not out of the question. Added 136k to my overall score, going from 6th to 4th, and 209k short of arvain in 1st although I'll be happy if I can add 157k to catch TheHecht in 3rd.

All in all, another 2 weeks of solid progress. Next up... GH:3 which I haven't played in a year so going to see if I can get to the HGFC. Quite a stiff challenge as I'm only at 17/70 on the 360 at the moment but I'll give it a go!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, good progress everywhere, Sham! Hope you get a decent amount of new FC's and scores on GH3 now...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly concentrated on Hard again, but found a bit of time to dabble in the lower levels for a change, so without further ado here's my latest update for GH:3....

Easy Guitar

1st #7 - Mississippi Queen
1st #8 - Hit Me With Your Best Shot

...added 2 new FC's (albeit only joint firsts) and increased 6 songs in total. Added a massive 184 points and remained in 4th overall, but considering I only dabbled for a bit and didn't really grind too much I'm quite happy with that for now.

Medium Guitar

-2 - Raining Blood
-5 - One

...didn't manage to get any of the 3 remaining FC's needed but did improve 2 of them in both score and notes missed so maybe I'll get them next time. Added another 10k points over 6 songs and remained in 62nd overall, but as with easy I only dabbled for a bit so can't complain!

Hard Guitar

FC #21 - Reptilia
FC #22 - Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll
FC #23 - Lay Down
FC #24 - Paranoid
FC #25 - Talk Dirty To Me
FC #26 - The Seeker
FC #27 - Can't Be Saved
FC #28 - Barracuda

-1 - Same Old Song And Dance
-1 - Pride And Joy
-1 - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
-1 - Story Of My Life
-1 - Rock And Roll All Nite
-1 - Helicopter
-1 - Go That Far
-1 - Black Magic Woman

...8 new FC's to get to 28/70 and another 8 -1's so should be able to get the HGFC in the future. In total I increased 53 songs adding almost 1.1m new points, going from 720th to 460th overall. Might not seem much but it's a helluva jump for me.

As with previous weeks and months it's been more solid progress. Next up... GH:1 & GH:80s for which I'll have to switch to PS2 so that will be interesting. Hopefully it won't take too long to adjust!!

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Easy Bass domination is just plain insane. However I did steal one of your first places on GHSH... :tooth:

EDIT: I've stolen another DragonForce song. Those are fun :P

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Your Easy Bass domination is just plain insane.

Thanks, it's not quite as dominant as I would like it to be but I'll get back to grinding the rest eventually.

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
However I did steal one of your first places on GHSH...

EDIT: I've stolen another DragonForce song. Those are fun :P

Good, I like competition! I'll give it a go later tonight and get them back

EDIT: Barely scraped enough to get Through The Fire And Flames back by a massive 8 pts! Managed to hit the 1st and 2nd squeezes, missed the 3rd (which I always do), dropped 16 pts in each of the hold sections of measures 228-229 & 232-233 and also didn't bother with the reverse ticks at the start of the 4th act so probably dropped a potential 48 pts or so there as well. All in all there is realistically another 280 pts or so left so still a bit to do yet, although that can wait until I'm forced to go for it.

EDIT 2: A bit better on Fury Of The Storm in that I tried the 75/100 RD path and got enough to take 1st back. Got the 2nd squeeze, missed the 6th (so that cost me some ticks vs the 50% easier path), and didn't bother with rev ticks on the 5th so maybe another 236 pts left. Again, not gonna bother until I have to!

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you're pretty tight. Now I just accidentally stole Wish, no idea how that happened. Have fun with that :P

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Wow you're pretty tight. Now I just accidentally stole Wish, no idea how that happened. Have fun with that :P

Thanks, I try!

Nice ticks for Wish, although I had some fun with it and managed to just squeak past

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you're having fun on WoR M Bass as well

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
looks like you're having fun on WoR M Bass as well

I certainly am

Managed to get 5 of my firsts back from arvain (although 2 are joint), and enough to get first overall back as well. Might as well carry on!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for another update!!!!

After taking a break for a well earned holiday in Europe during July, I've been concentrating on GH:5 again. So without further ado....more progress.

Easy Guitar
1st #46 - In My Place
1st #47 - Back Round
1st #48 - Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
1st #49 - Disconnected
1st #50 - In The Meantime

...added 5 new 1sts, and improved 4 others for a total points increase of 2,823. Still 2nd overall with another 3,084 points before I catch arvain but getting there slowly, and still plenty of opportunity next time considering there are 35 more songs to get 1st on!

Medium Guitar
FC #82 - The Spirit Of Radio (Live)

-11 American Girl

...1 new FC so only 3 more to go. Also much more consistent with the ending of American Girl (yup, a -11 qualifies as MUCH!!) after switching to some very amateurish tapping, but finding the transition to the 1st Y after the SP extremely difficult so any tips would be appreciated. Concentrated on my worst performing scores so any further improvement will be much slower, but I managed to improve 8 songs for a total of 72k points and up from 12th to 10th overall.

Hard Guitar
1st #1 - Song 2
1st #2 - Wannabe in LA

FC #52 - Mirror People
FC #53 - Jailbreak
FC #54 - We're An American Band
FC #55 - Lonely Is the Night
FC #56 - Dancing With Myself
FC #57 - So Lonely
FC #58 - Looks That Kill
FC #59 - Maiden, Mother & Crone
FC #60 - Superstition
FC #61 - Younk Funk
FC #62 - Brianstorm
FC #63 - Judith

...added 11 new FC's, yup 11!! Quite a jump really although I'm now close to my limit until I get another skill leap. Might be able to get 3 or 4 more, but improved a total of 48 songs for a points increase of 471k. Also got 2 1sts on the easier songs to squeeze so really happy with that. Up from 32nd to 28th overall but certainly exceeded all expectations I had going into my latest Hard redux.

All in all, not just solid progress but marked improvement! Next up... a return to GH:M

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: