Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jon Heartbreak, my Indie band, just released our album :D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Jon Heartbreak, my Indie band, just released our album :D Reply with quote

Back again to let you guys know we just dropped our album a few days ago We're putting the whole thing up on youtube, one per day, and we're on day three right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NYIlJD-iQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYT40eMI7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Lpaxp9_oE

Let me know what you think, and if you like it make sure to check back every day for the next few days to hear the rest!

Last edited by arte on Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 am; edited 4 times in total
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I just listened to the entire thing and it was awesome!

I especially liked Piano Thing!

Keep up the good work!

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your singer has a few "isms" that but the shit out of me (he drops out of a lot of his words), but overall, you guys are pretty good. I'd probably buy an album.

EDIT: I really like The Effect of Unawareness. Great song. I posted you guys on my Facebook. Who knows, maybe all of my friends will fall in love, haha.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:
Damn, I just listened to the entire thing and it was awesome!

Keep up the good work!

thanks alot, make sure you like us on facebook so you can keep track of when we release new stuff!

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Your singer has a few "isms" that but the shit out of me (he drops out of a lot of his words), but overall, you guys are pretty good. I'd probably buy an album.

EDIT: I really like The Effect of Unawareness. Great song. I posted you guys on my Facebook. Who knows, maybe all of my friends will fall in love, haha.

i want to say the dropping of some of the words is due to poor recording equipment... where in particular are you talking about?

anyway, thanks alot! tell your friends!
JackFr  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good potential. Two tips though:

1.) Change the band name. It's pretty terrible.

2.) Stay away from cliches in song titles, ie. "The Effect of Unawareness". Cliches bog down indie music more than anything other genre IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arte wrote:
i want to say the dropping of some of the words is due to poor recording equipment... where in particular are you talking about?

No, it was the way he sang. It's hard to explain in text, but it'd like he'd build the volume up and then just stop at the end of every line. Like, "laaalaaaLaaaaLAAAAA-end."
Set all the tax rates to 9.
karatechess  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
arte wrote:

No, it was the way he sang. It's hard to explain in text, but it'd like he'd build the volume up and then just stop at the end of every line. Like, "laaalaaaLaaaaLAAAAA-end."

First of all, great job, this sounds pretty damn good. I downloaded and will soon post on facebook for people to see!

But to the quote, I hear what you're talking about. You can tell it's not the equip because he still sings a little when he drops out. It's more like this:

laaaalaaaaLaaaaLAAAAla

But I don't really mind that. I think that's just a personal taste thing.

Anyway, sounds pretty good I think! Good work!
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG UPDATE BAMP
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give it a shot, although I'm pretty bad at this whole graphics thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love doing album art (especially when a client says "you get to be creative," haha). Any specific deadline on this though? I'm swamped.

Anyway keep up the good work. Enjoyed it so far.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real deadline on the album art. Like I said, we're shooting for a late February to early March release but if it takes more time it's alright. What I do need as soon as possible is the logo though, for promotional purposes. It became my job to be the marketing/PR guy and it's alot to do

Thanks for giving it a shot, inv4der and GuitarHailz
danufra  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:

Agree with you - it's really awesome!

Last edited by danufra on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobuo Uematsu is in the related videos... you're doing something right.

Actually, what I noticed most (with the pre-production demo especially, due to better clarity) is that you all are very good at layering melodies, while avoiding a chaotic sound. You also didn't leave out the bassist, and you let the keyboardist play with a traditional piano style rather than as a gimmicky addition. This work is very good, so I'm hoping you'll get a full album recorded eventually.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done watching Ambia, and I have to say I really legitimately like that song. And honestly the only major problem I had wasn't with the song at all.

Really, the only problem I had was your guys stage presence, I don't know if it's just that song in particular but you weren't really engaging the crowd in any way shape or form. The last thing you ever wanna do as a front man is sit down for a good portion of the song and look bored, as that's a key way to lose audience interest.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
arte  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, more people posted!

Vampyromaniac wrote:
Nobuo Uematsu is in the related videos... you're doing something right.

Actually, what I noticed most (with the pre-production demo especially, due to better clarity) is that you all are very good at layering melodies, while avoiding a chaotic sound. You also didn't leave out the bassist, and you let the keyboardist play with a traditional piano style rather than as a gimmicky addition. This work is very good, so I'm hoping you'll get a full album recorded eventually.

Nobuo Uematsu is one of my biggest influences compositionally and I have a few piano covers up on the channel .

your kind words are much appreciated! composition is an aspect of our music that we're taking extremely seriously and it's nice when someone notices things like that haha. i personally occasionally employ basic counterpoint when writing some of the fattier parts.

our full album should be complete within the next month or so. stay tuned

Nubnut wrote:
I just got done watching Ambia, and I have to say I really legitimately like that song. And honestly the only major problem I had wasn't with the song at all.

Really, the only problem I had was your guys stage presence, I don't know if it's just that song in particular but you weren't really engaging the crowd in any way shape or form. The last thing you ever wanna do as a front man is sit down for a good portion of the song and look bored, as that's a key way to lose audience interest.

thanks a lot! ambia was sort of our gateway song from indie rock into a far more progressive sound. we're planning on using it as the first track of a concept album

and you're absolutely right; our stage presence is awful! it's something we're working on vigorously haha. unfortunately all our band members are really awkward people.

i'm glad people are enjoying what they hear. like i said, our album is going to be released in about a month, at which point we're going to be releasing a lot of cool stuff onto our facebook, like live performances of our newer progressive stuff and midi or 8 bit versions of compositions we've done by ourselves. and we do still need artwork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: