ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHM - FC Breakdown Project - Thread 8 *COMPLETE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH by a landslide.
FFWF by a landslide.
And I would like to try ElementOfZero's Idea for next thread.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:

Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:

Agreed. These kind of threads seem to be more conducive to discussion, and this seems like a good way of keeping that style and speeding it up.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
darkshad0w  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

46) DH
47) ANL, though it isn't gonna win
48) This way actually seems faster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
War Ensemble is most certainly easier than DH. DH has solo A and B, which is harder than any section in WE. Then you have the other 8 minutes of the song, all of which is missable. WE is shorter, the solos are easier, and outside of a bit of strumming, there's nothing terribly complex. Seems like a clear choice to me.

I'm gonna go with FFWF as being easier than ANL, even though I still feel that FFWF is harder than everyone has been saying. I got it at #45 or so iirc, and it was a complete fluke. Even so, once you learn the burning riff, the FC is pretty much yours. ANL just throws so much at you, the solos are tough, the strumming is tough... and it's loooooong...

I prefer this style of voting, only because I prefer having less voting options overall. I know it's slower, but I get overwhelmed when I have to rank six or seven songs, half of which I don't remember the charts for. I am lazy and don't have enough time to refresh my memory most of the time, so DLC and easier charts tend to be forgotten. Less options for voting=more chance I'll actually vote. :p

I agree with every point in this post
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Ensemble is easier. Really the hardest part of WE is fucking solo 2B with those stupid HOPOs; if you can hit that the rest of the song shouldn't really be troublesome at all at this level. DH is just so annoying to even get to B in the first place (A was hard as balls for me and I could only ever hit it in third position, even then rarely so) but then to tap B correctly without either messing up the tapping itself or rushing the HOPOs before the tapping is really hard. There's not much to worry about after that, but the fact that there's like 2000 notes before the solo even rolls around gives DH the edge.

And FFWF quite obviously. I don't think this even needs explanation.

Run it like the Smash Hits thread.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Fug  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE is much easier imo.

FFWF.

I don't like the SH thread style so I vote for running it in the original style.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-6 in DH's favor atm I believe (still think WE is easier...alexhaz made a great post that I think those who voted for DH should check out). FFWF is the clear winner atm (didn't bother checking how many voted for each but I think ANL only got 1 or 2). Personally I think it's still too close to call on DH/WE but it's not my decision to make =/.
Perre  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE and ANL I'd say. FFWF vs ANL is a really close call.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH is easier. It's just annoying that it's so long, but the hardest parts I still get more often than many difficult parts in WE.

Going with FFWF definitely as easier since it's really just stamina you need, and learning how to get consistent with that stupid part during the verses. ANL just has so many difficult parts, all the constant strumming, REALLY tough soloing parts. Yes, FFWF has a bunch of fast strumming, but it's exactly the same strumming throughout the song.

DH and FFWF as easier.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

46) DH, can't stand WE'S strumming

47) FFWF, much more adept with that strumming, i always manage to overstrum on ANL

48) Ya know, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that both have their place. I feel that with the "themed" or "in-between" or "band" games" (GHM, GH:SH and GH:VH) this way of voting works. HOWEVER, I feel that the GHSH way of voting would make the full-game voting a lot more of a breeze. There would be enough songs to make accurate comparisons between enough other songs, and it wouldn't take 85+ questions, or result in bottlenecks of "WTF THIS SONG IS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THE OTHER SONG" and have the round have to end with something like 10-9 because of the amount of time spent on that one question. Personally, I think a perfect example of this is the GHWT thread. I think if the GHSH voting had been implemented in that thread to start, the progress would be double where it is now. Not too sure where the voting should go for DLC stuff, but for the disc songs, I think this method would work wonders.

Fug wrote:
MOM is the easiest imo. The only hard part about the song is listening to it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH, marginally. Solos A and B are complete ass (and Solo A is the only part i haven't FCed yet (obviously discounting B cuz lolpurpletriplets)), but comparing to the tight strumming in WE you have to do throughout most of the song, it's not much harder.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
DH, marginally. Solos A and B are complete ass (and Solo A is the only part i haven't FCed yet (obviously discounting B cuz lolpurpletriplets)), but comparing to the tight strumming in WE you have to do throughout most of the song, it's not much harder.

you don't have to be tremendously precise to hit war ensemble's strumming, if it's difficult to get the rhythm just abuse the timing window. really it just comes down to speed and consistency, but the actual strumming itself doesn't have to be very complex.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disposable Heroes, Fight Fire With Fire and keep running them this way, it's a lot quicker for the on-disc stuff.
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Ensemble is easier, since the hard part is near the beginning of the song. To some people the chords in the bridge are a bit tough, yet there's the big timing window. Vincent!

Fight Fire with Fire is easier. Don't think about how painful the burning riff is, just concentrate on FC'ing the song. That's just my mentality and my arm never pains or burns me.

Run the VH thread exactly as this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61

Jump to: