ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pink Floyd reissue program

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Pink Floyd reissue program Reply with quote

Maybe you guys are mostly too young to care, but anyone else checking out the new Pink Floyd reissue program?

They have reissues of the 14 studio albums, available individually or part of a box set called "Discovery". They then have "Experience" versions of Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall, which contain the album plus bonus material. Finally there will be "Immersion" versions of the same three albums that have a ridiculous amount of bonus material and crap.

The reissues are all new, done by James Guthrie. Early feedback on these is positive.

In addition to CD/DVD (formats for the above) there are also iTunes versions of most of it, and there will also be some vinyl reissues that come with a download code for a digital version.

I have to admit, the marketing for this is almost as fascinating as the actual content. I guess they had a long time to think about how they were going to make money while waiting to settle their legal issues.

Hopefully this also means it will be possible for someone to license their music for a game, although I fear the window has closed for a band-specific game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: