ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Giraffes? Giraffes! New Album? New Album!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Giraffes? Giraffes! New Album? New Album! Reply with quote

If you like Math rock at all, you will love these guys. Period. Their drummer is absolutely fucking nuts. The guitars are awesome. Everything about them is awesome. And they released a new album last week.

http://giraffesgiraffes.bandcamp.com/album/pink-magick

Listen to it there!

Personally, my favorite is DRGNFKR, closely followed by Werewolf Grandma With Knives pt 1 & 2.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It finally gave us non-live tracks from the Live in Toronto performance, which I was pretty happy about. As expected, the album is fantastic. However, I don't know if I like the tone of the guitar/drums on the album all that much. They just sound so much different from all of their other albums. However, that's really not all that big of a deal to me, as the actual music that they make is still so astounding. However, as inv4der pointed out, the song names do seem a little less pretentious than their other albums.

Also, I'd give the side project albums a listen if I were anybody interested in the band at all. They're pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this new album is great, I liked the sound of Milk Mouth and SUPERBASS more.

GregoryZero wrote:
However, as inv4der pointed out, the song names do seem a little less pretentious than their other albums.

Yeah, nothing on the level of S/H(im)e[r] or Freckles or Miniature People this time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about the new songs?

I like Koscinski's and Curse of the Tooth Nightmare quite a bit. Transparent Man is a good lead up to DRGNFKR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: