ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WTDLC - FC Breakdown Project - Thread 10 - Adjustment Q2/3/4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
My Apocalypse, for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, My Apocalypse, with no contest.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's it! Two questions:

1) Any adjustments you'd like to see? This includes going backwards and maybe getting more songs down on this list, but as it is, we're only planning to do the top 50 DLC songs overall, so I think 30 for WT DLC alone will be sufficient.

2) Do you want to wait until we launch into WoR DLC, or jump right into it?
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let's start with the WoR dlc.

Also, I've been wondering for people at that skill level, how do the top WT dlc songs compare with the top WT on-disc songs?
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say James Bond should go down to 147 as I'd say Chalk is harder than it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, why aren't we doing 20-38 and 76-127 again?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Wait, why aren't we doing 20-38 and 76-127 again?

Because of insufficient interest in getting every single song placed, we're only doing the following:

*Rankings for every on-disc setlist.
*Top 100 overall on-disc songs.
*Top 50 overall DLC songs.

I'm only really interested, therefore, in 128-157, because I think 30 songs from WT DLC will be sufficient in getting a top 50 of all DLC songs. I think the other parts of the breakdown are showing simply because I was too lazy to fix it.

RobGHH wrote:
I'd say James Bond should go down to 147 as I'd say Chalk is harder than it

I'm not sure that there's enough consensus to address this, as we've been in "Adjustment Phase" for a few weeks, but I'll put it up anyway. What say you, friends?
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reopening this thread with a story. Back before Scorehero's new servers, it would sometimes take quite a while for threads to update, especially on Mondays, and ESPECIALLY original posts with a lot of content, such as one housing a list of songs for use in FC breakdowns. In order to make things bearable, I deleted most of the content for some breakdowns, including this one. I kept the hardest 30 or so songs, because at the time, we were only voting for the hardest 50 DLC songs, and I didn't think we needed more than this.

Fast forward to present day. We've picked WT DLC 7 out of the last 8 songs, and about 27 out of 90 on the current DLC breakdown. We've only got 2 songs left to use, so I figure we need more DLC songs. The problem is that SpoonMan (who was originally running these breakdowns) adopted a group and merge system (which was perfectly right at the time), so there's no real way to see what was deemed easier than Cyanide. I've looked through the thread, and found that 53 songs were deemed easier than Cyanide, but harder than another pivot song, Well Thought Out Twinkles. I'd like to use these 53 songs to add to the WT DLC breakdown list and ensure that the DLC breakdown can safely continue to 100 spots.

The easiest (and quickest) way to do this, I think, is open ballot. The songs are below, and for those of you still familiar with these songs, please pick the hardest ones. We'll aim for 15, but 10 would be a good minimum. Then we'll vote on these. I remember a few of them being challenging (Black Betty, Dez Moines, Fire, the two S&Rs, The Unforgiven III, and I know Jimi is oddly annoying to FC), but that's it.

I'm really sorry that this has happened, and I wish I could think of a better way to sort these, but I know speed is becoming an increasingly important factor as well; I think everyone's starting to get tired of these threads, myself included. If you'd like, we can actually properly break down these 53 songs, but I'd like to see how this works. Thank you for your understanding, and happy voting.

P.S. I already tried Wayback Machine, with no success; they've only got 1 archived version of this page, from May 2015.

Current question:

Adjustment Q1: Please pick the hardest 15 or so songs (to FC on Expert Guitar) of the following list:
21st Century Digital Boy
All The World Is Mad
Audience Of One
Because Of You
The Bitter End
Black Betty
Black Friday
Bomb The World
Born To Run
Cadillac Solitario (Live)
C'est Comme Ca
C-Lebrity
Commotion
Degenerated
Dez Moines
Disconnected
Fat Bottomed Girls
Fire (Live At Woodstock)
Frail Grasp On The Big Picture
Freedom
Get Out Of Denver
Gimme All Your Lovin'
Hi, Hi, Hi
Hier Kommt Alex
Hillbilly Deluxe
Hold Up
Hot Blooded
I Am The Arsonist
Jailbait
Jimi
Junior's Farm
Kid Charlemagne
Life In The Fast Lane
Light It Up
Mama Mae
The Martyr
Me And My Gang
No Rain
Number With No Name
Oh Yeah!
Old Time Rock & Roll
One Of These Nights
Panic Switch
Rock N' Roll Band
Sacrifice
Salute Your Solution
So What
Stay Away
Suicide & Redemption J.H.
Suicide & Redemption K.H.
The Touch
The Unforgiven III
You Know You're Right

#TeamOldPeople
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am the Arsonist, Fire, TU3, Dez Moines, Both S&Rs, The Martyr, Disconnected probably.
Those 8 are the more definite ones, then probably Black Betty and Sacrifice though I'm not too sure of those two.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unforgiven III
Suicide and Redemption J.H
Suicide and Redemption K.H
I Am The Arsonist
Dez Moines
Salute Your Solution

Hold Up
Disconnected
Fire (Live At Woodstock)
Panic Switch
Jailbait
The Martyr
Bomb the World
(say no to slider trills, kiddies)
Commotion (fucking outro)
Cadillac Solitario (Live) (edit)

Last edited by Midnight-Rider on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody better forget Cadilac Solitario which has a harder outro than anything else on this list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlHN8Kioyo&t=5m30s

Cadilac Solitario (Live)
I Am The Arsonist
Fire (Live At Woodstock)
S&R KH
S&R JK
Unforgiven 3
Salute Your Solution
Hold Up
Disconnected
Born To Run
JosephL  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnected
Fire (Live at Woodstock)
I Am the Arsonist
The Unforgiven III
Suicide and Redemption JH
Suicide and Redemption KH

Three votes

Dez Moines
Hold Up
Salute Your Solution
The Martyr

Two votes

Anything else? We'll go with these 11 songs if there are no more recommendations.
#TeamOldPeople
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to clutter this up too much more but I just spent my evening watching videos of all of these songs and in addition to the 11 songs that already have multiple votes, I would like to throw in my vote for 9 others.

Jimi
Panic Switch
Jailbait
Bomb the World
Born To Run
Black Friday
C'est Comme Ca
Junior's Farm
Light It Up

Also, I'll point out that I couldn't find a single video for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture, so I have no idea how hard/easy it is.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnected
Fire (Live at Woodstock)
I Am the Arsonist
The Unforgiven III

Four votes

Dez Moines
Hold Up
Salute Your Solution
The Martyr

Three votes

Bomb the World
Born to Run
Jailbait
Panic Switch

Two votes

Current questions:

Adjustment Q2: Please rank the following songs from EASIEST to HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar:
Disconnected
Fire (Live at Woodstock)
I Am the Arsonist
The Unforgiven III

Adjustment Q3: Please rank the following songs from EASIEST to HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar:
Dez Moines
Hold Up
Salute Your Solution
The Martyr

Adjustment Q4: Please rank the following songs from EASIEST to HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar:
Bomb the World
Born to Run
Jailbait
Panic Switch

greenbaymackey wrote:
Also, I'll point out that I couldn't find a single video for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture, so I have no idea how hard/easy it is.

The chart's here. Not worth placing, in my opinion, but we can put it in Q4 if you'd like.
#TeamOldPeople
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpity-bump.
#TeamOldPeople
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: