ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fighting Game tournament hype thread. (ECT4 jun9-10th)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Fighting Game tournament hype thread. (ECT4 jun9-10th) Reply with quote

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky For ECT4

http://ecthrowdown.com/

I'll personally be at ECT4, lemon meringue miiiiiiight make an appearence too, I also have extra room in my hotel room so if anyone wants to come but cant afford a hotel room for that saturday night, feel free to contact me on here or on AIM (Teh Fopster) or hit me up in the SH IRC.

As always the break is every tuesday and I sometimes end up on stream. check it out! http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Big two on wednesdays
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

WNF on wednesdays and The runback on thursdays

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Last edited by daevlol on Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 am; edited 20 times in total
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree about the level 4 x-factor Wesker bullshit. Been frowny-facing all over the place.

Also, I lol'd heartily at Unknown's titties. FGC stream monsters (probably all groups of stream monsters, but I only have experience with the FGC's) are harsh. I would care more if it wasn't so funny sometimes.

And I'm sad DJ Houshen lost, but Unknown was fraudulent as shit. Maybe one or two matches he won without level 3 on his last character followed by j.S into abcs bbcs OTG hyper or something similar to that scenario. Fucking booo(ring). No clue how he OCVed MastaRyPie. Yes, I am salty about that. MarlinPie is a fucking cool dude.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
daevlol  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlin Pie vs Dj huoshen=who do i root for.

I love huoshen for reppin that Felicia (I main her, myself) but MarlinPie is just too sick.....i also lol'd @ unknowns titties, dem stream monsters.

Making me really sad I couldn't make it there (i live like one hour away if even that), but shoutouts to sp00ky for letting me watch anyway.

Edit: Pretty pumped for AE tomorrow, too, I love watching PRRog play.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only game I'm really interested in watching is MK9 ( since vVv has both vVv REO and vVv CJ Jr participating (the #1 and #5 ranked players). Never really got into fighting games too much other than Smash and now MK9. Should be some good matches.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, Dieminion making Viewtiful Joe look so ridiculous. Made MarlinPie look fraaayyy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
daevlol  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Only game I'm really interested in watching is MK9 ( since vVv has both vVv REO and vVv CJ Jr participating (the #1 and #5 ranked players). Never really got into fighting games too much other than Smash and now MK9. Should be some good matches.

MK9 is pretty terrible, but I can respect supporting your teammates! AE top 8 about to start GET HYPE.

Btw: feel really awful for Chris G, I agree with Skisonic, that shinsho MUST have been a mistake. But good shit to PRRog, he ran that shit back with full force and it was a joy to watch.

Still really salty @ geico for not letting me go

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking Wolfkrone. I always root for him in every tournament because his Viper is exciting as fuck to watch. Also, first major victory for Team Marn! Will be the only person to get one for them unless Marn recruits some more killers. I think it's clear that he hasn't been focusing on the game as much as the business side as of lately.
daevlol  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as watching Viper play goes, I prefer Latif's "rush you down till you die" style as opposed to Krone's "Get one hard knockdown and mix you up for days" style, but both are super fun to watch, I love Viper, and I'm glad the 2012 nerfs didnt hit her as hard as I imagined they would.

2012 should be hype, My main (balrog) got some buffs so im pretty pumped!

SoCal regionals in 2 weeks, first 2012 tourny, first west coast ultimate major, GET HYPE.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leprosy916 wrote:
Also, I lol'd heartily at Unknown's titties. FGC stream monsters (probably all groups of stream monsters, but I only have experience with the FGC's) are harsh. I would care more if it wasn't so funny sometimes.

GRABBITY SQUEEZE!

I didn't see much of the stream, but I did see the team tournament. Congrats to Chris G for repping Team Spooky's weekly Big Two tournaments. Everyone on that team played in the Big Two tourneys.

HUGE rep for the Felicia/Super-Skrull/Taskmaster team in said tournament (I forget his name). I have been wanting to use Super Skrull, and I have been working on some decent mixups. Watching him play showed me where I need to work on, and how to open someone up. Also, the upwards command grab by Skrull as someone is coming in is BRUTAL, I never thought about that.

I would love to main Felicia, as on point, but I think I am going to go with Hawkeye.

I ALWAYS loved watching Viper, she's so much fun to watch... actually this game is a lot more fun to watch than play

I can't wait for the next one

EDIT: How do you do the face/salt icons in the chat for Team Spooky's stream?
daevlol  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emoticons are there for every single twitch.tv stream, and DansGame is always PJSalty whenever he talks and theres a huge rush of floe faces. Kappa

>_> <_<

Edit: the felicia/skrull,taskmaster players name is DJHuoshen, and he's pretty fun to watch yeah. Too bad he likes to backdash twice before doing the charge move to OTG whenever hes got felicia x factored or maybe he would have gotten farther.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
The emoticons are there for every single twitch.tv stream, and DansGame is always PJSalty whenever he talks and theres a huge rush of floe faces. Kappa

>_> <_<

That still doesn't help me how to do the emoticons ;__;
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Squirrel, just go to this link and you will find what you are looking for.

Secret emoticons lists of splendor

There you go.

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to watching the stream archives. Short list of thoughts:

1. Wesker is stupid.

2. Huoshen got better.

3. Yipes' voice makes not muting the stream completely impossible.

4. East Coast isn't as fun to watch as West Coast, except for Chris G and Huoshen. I like PR Rog, but his team is getting old to watch. Watching MarlinPie is just frustrating. I can't root for someone who can't block.

5. That Trish alt color that FC Jago was using is horrendous.

Then I saw that quote from Nitsuma on eventhubs saying that re-balancing Wesker before the first patch would be "a difficult problem." He's been hanging with TrOllno to much, recently.
daevlol  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that time you said something in a thread and it contributed in some way to the conversation and wasn't a lot of whiney complaints? Yeah me neither.

Squirrel wrote:
daevlol wrote:

>_> <_<

That still doesn't help me how to do the emoticons ;__;

I laugh cause I actually told you how to do 3 in that post

Glad that I don't totally suck at this game anymore, too!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Yipes' voice makes not muting the stream completely impossible.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

You don't like Yipes commentary?

Super sad for Chris G at NEC.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: