ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
R.I.P Will Townsend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: R.I.P Will Townsend Reply with quote

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39158/Obituary_DJ_Hero_Producer_Will_Townsend.php

Townsend is remembered by his friends and colleagues as a creative manager, problem solver and jokester whose spirit and smile were infectious to those around him.

Townsend began his career in game development in 2001, when he scored his first contract testing job at Electronic Arts' Westwood studio. Over the next four years, he transitioned into an assistant producer role, and shipped titles such as Command & Conquer: Generals, Medal of Honor: European Assault and Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth.

He later moved on to Activision, where he worked on Spider-Man 3 for consoles and handhelds, and oversaw the development of several Guitar Hero titles for Wii and DS. It was here where Townsend became a full-fledged producer, and helped lead the development of the first DJ Hero.

My deepest condolences to the entire Townsend family.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's terrible news, and so young too. R.I.P.

DJ Hero is of course one of the best rhythm games of all time in my opinion, lot of fun to be had and I'm glad we had him to lead the development on it.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very sad news this be :c

I posted it to some DJ Hero groups i'm in on Facebook, condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: