ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 3 Rumor Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: DJ Hero 3 Rumor Thread Reply with quote

Soooooo it's a little suspicious that FSG is still working with Activision on a new title, although it is very doubtful that it would be DJ Hero 3, there are some things that have recently been found on the internet that might point to this project being DJ Hero 3, or they could just be putting us on a wild goose chase :P

The biggest piece that i can find is this article which was posted on October 26th, 2011 which explains that FSG is thinking of ideas for DJ Hero 3 which include a Dual-platter mode as an additional challenge to the game, but it also highlights the issues they are currently facing at the moment without getting much support from Activision.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323960/dj-hero-3-ideas-on-ice-include-dual-platter-mode-dev-reveals/

One other piece of rumor news is from a Facebook post by someone saying that DJ Blakey (DJ that works for FreeStyleGames who has made TONS, if not a majority of the in-house mixes you hear in both DJ Hero 1 and 2) is set to be confirmed to be mixing tracks for DJ Hero 3. Asking where he got this source from, he claims to have heard it from a DJ radio talkshow host on BBC's Radio 1 early Saturday morning program. Not too credible, but it's some form of media...

I know these threads (specifically the DJ Hero threads) are utterly dead, but i just wanted to post this here just to see what you guys think of these pieces of rumor news.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I hope it's true, a new DJ Hero and a dual-platter mode? I've been wanting a dual platter mode since the first game. It just makes since to me. Also, if this is true, I'm gonna be waiting on it patiently.

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh max, you and your never ending djh related news snooping

i dont even know how i could imagine a double platter mode

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
oh max, you and your never ending djh related news snooping

i dont even know how i could imagine a double platter mode

Imagine standing behind an actual turntable lol

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean how the gameplay would go/look, and silly misc stuff like if all mixes would have this option or special made mixes for it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
i mean how the gameplay would go/look, and silly misc stuff like if all mixes would have this option or special made mixes for it
Simple, add the additional stream as you would for a two player local/online match except flip it to correspond to the other side of the turntable (you can switch it to either left or right side depending on your taste).

Special mixes would only imply mixes before DJ Hero 3, i can see having dual-platter on all the mixes for DJ Hero 3 if they worked hard enough for it, besides it would only be for Expert+ seeing that they wanted this for an "added" challenge so it might only require one chart to be made for the mixes in the game. If they can bring back mixes from DJ Hero 2 and 1, i don't think these would be included unless they patch it to include some charts from previous games.

Like playing Doubles on DDR or Beatmania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess DJ Hero 3 was at least in the pre-production stage. Warning: Yeah, that's 4chan, so I don't take responsibility for any content there.

EDIT: Thread 404'd. Game developer was accepting questions. When asked about how the rhythm genre fell, confirmed he had friends working at FSG who had a new music game cancelled when the crash happened. I'm only presuming it was DJH3.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
I guess DJ Hero 3 was at least in the pre-production stage. Warning: Yeah, that's 4chan, so I don't take responsibility for any content there.

EDIT: Thread 404'd. Game developer was accepting questions. When asked about how the rhythm genre fell, confirmed he had friends working at FSG who had a new music game cancelled when the crash happened. I'm only presuming it was DJH3.
How long ago was this? And idk but wouldn't the cancelled game be DJ Hero 3DS? Also wtf a developer from FSG on 4Chan??? O.o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

How long ago was this? And idk but wouldn't the cancelled game be DJ Hero 3DS? Also wtf a developer from FSG on 4Chan??? O.o

This was yesterday. Apparently threads die very fast. \O_o/ He wasn't actually from FSG, apparently he knew people there that were his friends.

Also, pretty sure DJ Hero 3D was being done by Vicarious Visions.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
maxninja114 wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

This was yesterday. Apparently threads die very fast. \O_o/ He wasn't actually from FSG, apparently he knew people there that were his friends.

Also, pretty sure DJ Hero 3D was being done by Vicarious Visions.
Well, for one it's on 4chan. Not quite believable taken into granted the reputation the site has. You are right that it was Vicarious Visions that were making DJ Hero 3DS though....damn though, guess we may never really ever see the light of day on DJ Hero for even 2012 then :/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Activision now openly promoting Hero branded events nationwide, I'd say there is a BIG chance for new games to happen.

Just interviewed Guitar Hero Eric on our podcast, The Loser's Bracket, this week. He is the man who runs all of the Hero branded social media. Might be worth checking out! ;)

Just made a thread about it over here on the GH misc forums about it. Check it out!
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertiggo wrote:
With Activision now openly promoting Hero branded events nationwide, I'd say there is a BIG chance for new games to happen.

Just interviewed Guitar Hero Eric on our podcast, The Loser's Bracket, this week. He is the man who runs all of the Hero branded social media. Might be worth checking out! ;)

Just made a thread about it over here on the GH misc forums about it. Check it out!
Already checked it out (great podcast btw!), man Eric sounds awesome to chill with and play some GH or maybe DJH with

Definitely hope he comes over Florida with some tournaments, preferably either in Tampa or Orlando (i don't mind the drive there). Would love to have a chat with him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: