ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Santa Rockstar HD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Santa Rockstar HD Reply with quote

Just heard about this over at Destructoid, but apparently an indie developer worked up a Guitar Hero/Rock Band type downloadable game for the computer, that not only has 15 original metal/rock versions of Christmas songs (All done by Charlie Parra Del Riego who is an amazing guitarist if you don't know him http://www.youtube.com/user/charlieparradelriego), but it's compatible with USB guitar controllers.

And because it's the season for it, they are pulling a Humble Bundle type sale on it for a limited time so you can pay whatever you want for it, but pay 6.99 for it and you get the soundtrack with it.

http://www.destructoid.com/santa-rockstar-hd-pay-what-you-want-for-a-metal-xmas-218334.phtml

I'm going to download it now, so I'll give my impressions on it when I can. Even if it turns out to be weak, it's still 7 bucks for 15 good metal tunes lol
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And beaten lol

Okay, this was not quite as good as I was hoping for it be lol It is a...tolerable music rhythm game. Gameplay wise it's what you imagine a guitar hero based rhythm game to be and for the most part it plays well, though there are some obvious issues like songs not being perfectly synced with the notes, so a few songs are noticeablly off and when rhythm is a huge part of the game, it throws you off pretty bad and caused me to fail on a couple songs.

Now I said fail on a few songs, but that was not because of the charting. While some of the songs sound like you know...mid to high tier stuff, the charts themselves never go beyond like a tier 1 and 2. Basically just imagine playing the hardest songs, but note wise they are missing alot like on medium and hard difficulties, so they rarely get difficult. They only get difficult cause I tend to get random misses, alt strumming is not something that should ever be done, and Hammer On's sorta work, but I didn't rely on them. The hit note window just isn't as tuned as it should be.

If anything was good, it was the music which is just solid stuff. Really fun instrumentals, though a tad short, most being 2 minutes long and reaching up to 3 minutes.

Overall, it feels like an IOS or browser rhythm game that was made standalone with the added benefit of being able to use the guitar, but it's really not all that impressive lol

If you still want to try it, I would not pay more than a buck or so for it unless you really want the soundtrack, which at 15 songs, is less than 45 minutes long, so that's up to you, but if you like some good guitar wankery, it's fun.

I wish these songs were brought into Rock Band, cause they would make for a hell of an awesome Christmas pack lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: