ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Armageddon and friends go road-tripping, need housing!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the shitty reception on my part, though I hope you guys had fun here in Austin and with Deschain. Definitely worth a trip back, as there is a bunch of awesome things to do here in the area. This is a cool idea though, wish I had known about it sooner.

I feel really bad we didn't get to meet, but it was just awful timing with my work as you know (going to fall in bed after I finish this post ). Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, and stay safe of course!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Deschain  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ok Hailz, I was a bit of an absentee host. Tried to switch out shifts so I could get the day they were there off, but my coworker wasn't having it. Still had a great time! All 4 guys were chill dudes, and were certainly able to entertain themselves while I wasn't there. It was too bad the weather was horrific that day, Zilker's a nice place to visit.

I have to give props to Armadannon (as he has been newly christened) for not having played rhythm games in 4 years, then being exposed to WoR and going straight for Holy Wars and Master of Puppets. Then he wanted to do customs! Fantastic group, and hopefully I guilted him hard enough so he'll be back in April for the get-together.

Yeah, I still got mah SH shirt! Representin' and such.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Fantastic group, and hopefully I guilted him hard enough so he'll be back in April for the get-together.

Glad to hear that the group ended up with a reasonably aces Austin wing of the trip at the end of the day, all things considered, work-based logistics notwithstanding! And, of course, I heartily encourage folks to make it back to Austin for the April get-together, where I will be lugging myself out there from my comfy coastal climes for a cameo appearance, wherein I will hopefully have the opportunity to schmooze with more of the ScoreHero family! Mr. Green

(This is all part of my ongoing plan to see just how much acumen I can accrue for myself here despite having no top-tier fake-guitar ability, no sublime exotic talents, and possibly nothing beyond raw idiot-grade force of personality.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Its ok Hailz, I was a bit of an absentee host. Tried to switch out shifts so I could get the day they were there off, but my coworker wasn't having it. Still had a great time! All 4 guys were chill dudes, and were certainly able to entertain themselves while I wasn't there. It was too bad the weather was horrific that day, Zilker's a nice place to visit.

I have to give props to Armadannon (as he has been newly christened) for not having played rhythm games in 4 years, then being exposed to WoR and going straight for Holy Wars and Master of Puppets. Then he wanted to do customs! Fantastic group, and hopefully I guilted him hard enough so he'll be back in April for the get-together.

Yeah, I still got mah SH shirt! Representin' and such.

Guilt him! Guilt him HARD! Haha! We definitely need to have a good time in April.

Yeah the weather was truly terrible, especially after all those beautiful days last week. Bummer.

FTR if I had been there I would have worn my Gergorge shirt (yes, I have one) and lols would have been had. I've realized I can't wear that shirt in public at all because of course nobody gets the joke and I have to oddly explain it. FINALLY MY PURCHASE IS VALIDATED.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaah, I forgot to make a final response to this thread! Thanks to everyone for the offers, and I'm sorry for the consistent tardiness in responding. If and when I travel again, I'll be much more timely and up-to-date in order to meet as many of you as possible.

Oh, and a huge shout-out to Deschain for being an unbelievably kind and generous host. Couldn't have asked to meet a better guy! He laid down the guilt trip on me to coerce me into attending the SHTX get-together, of which the jury's still out; with some heavy arm-bending and a little divine intervention, I might be flying out to TX in April!

Once again, thanks to everyone for the kindness that makes me remember why I came back to meet you guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: