ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
500,000 Users!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Scorehero got 1,000,000 members, because the number of users is increasing pretty fast...we have 503,000 members right now...
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a month and a half, and we've grown 3000 users. That's ~2000 users a month, which implies roughly 21 years until we hit 1 million. That's assuming the level of user growth stays consistent (spoiler alert: It won't).

So see you back here in 2033!
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
It's been a month and a half, and we've grown 3000 users. That's ~2000 users a month, which implies roughly 21 years until we hit 1 million. That's assuming the level of user growth stays consistent (spoiler alert: It won't).

Good point. But, while I was posting that post earlier on here, we gained 2-3 users, because I checked the 'Who's Online?' board on the Forums..
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

Good point. But, while I was posting that post earlier on here, we gained 2-3 users, because I checked the 'Who's Online?' board on the Forums..

Two or three people?

We'll be at one million tomorrow at that rate!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

Two or three people?

Yes, we cerainly would, but we just happened to gain 2-3 at that time..But, that doesn't happen all the time (If it did, we would already be at one million)
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

Two or three people?

Yes, we cerainly would, but we just happened to gain 2-3 at that time..But, that doesn't happen all the time (If it did, we would already be at one million)

Oh.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:

Two or three people?

Oh.

Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
megallica  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:

the growth level has definitely been declining (obviously)

the thread for 400,000 users was started on Aug 17, 2009, and this thread for 500,000 users was on Jan 31, 2012, so we gained 100,000 users in the 866 days between the start of each of these threads (an average of 115 new users registered each day)

compared to 2,000 per month since the 500,000 users thread started, which is about 67 new users per day, or just a little over half the average rate between the start of the 400,000 users thread and this one

i'd bet that many of us will be eligible for social security before this site reaches 1 million users, unless something causes a huge spike in growth

if banned users were removed from the memberlist, it might even be possible to see it drop back below 500,000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is we are counting users like numbers. Hitler did that to the Jews, you know.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
The problem is we are counting users like numbers. Hitler did that to the Jews, you know.
Hitler would've chosen a very different demographic if he'd been on Scorehero for any length of time...
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late, but still:

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
OmicronPersei8  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Scorehero!

I remember discovering this site not long after being introduced to GH by my younger brother way back when. I was never any good then (some things never change) but I would have been frustrated and likely have never played beyond GH1 without the insight, knowledge, and general community support I've found through this site has offered throughout the years.

A quick perusal of my closet yields no less than 2 customized SG's, 2 Les Pauls, and a full RB 1 set up, along with GH1,2,3,80's, RB1,2,Lego, and 300+ DLC. But that only tells part of the story. Through the get together discussions I got a chance to meet some of the best players and some really cool people who shared a real passion for improving their skill set, be it FC'ing Jordan, or in my case merely passing Expert.

I don't find much time for games now, and in my old age these games can feel a bit demanding for me as I don't play 'em much. But I still loves me a quick 10 song setlist and a beer(or 7) once in a while.

Sorry for rambling on- Anyhow, thanks again to those that have kept this site going and those that have provided so many helpful posts over the years

Mr. Green
elitewarrior500  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well looks like im user 259600 joined around middle of 2008 i think couple months after i started even playing to begin with damn to think this site now has 500K+ users and im shocked i even got to freebird cause i hardly post soo like what? mostly just lurk this is pretty impressive for scorehero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elitewarrior500 wrote:
well looks like im user 259600 joined around middle of 2008 i think couple months after i started even playing to begin with damn to think this site now has 500K+ users and im shocked i even got to freebird cause i hardly post soo like what? mostly just lurk this is pretty impressive for scorehero

Have you seriously ever heard of a full stop?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punctuation is for n00bs
NU Grad 2015
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: