Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Summer Music Plans?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Summer Music Plans? Reply with quote

I figured that since I plan on listening through the epic known as the Merzbox over the summer, I figured that I would see if ScoreHero has anything musical planned for summer. What are you planning on listening to, going to, or even making?

To elaborate on my plans of listening to all 50 albums of noise from the critically acclaimed Japanese artist, a friend of mine did so about a month ago and I decided that I wanted to follow suit. I know that our very own TheLonging has climbed this mountain before, so I asked him to provide any advice. In the end he basically told me that I should take it slow, keep it at a reasonable volume, and possibly even do reviews. Pretty sound advice overall, I'd say. Who knows, I might even make a thread for it when the times comes.

Anyway, how is your summer going to musically when it comes around?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least another 700 Phish plays.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably try to add on to my current 600+ Pantera plays

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna try to break the 500gb mark!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numerous bands that I would absolutely love to get over 1k plays (Between the Buried and Me, HTT, Protest the Hero, G?G!, Snowing, Midori to name a few). Knowing how often I listen to the same shit, I'll probably hit that goal for some artists without even trying.

As far as storage and total volume, I still need to finish converting all of the albums I have in ALAC back to FLAC as I finally gave up on iTunes and switched to a media player that doesn't suck. Really hoping that I have enough patience to reorganize most of it while also freeing up some storage space on the laptop.

As you could probably tell, I like to set goals. >__>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the new Sonata Arctica and Firewind albums next month, and I'll probably be addicted to those. I might pick up Luca Turilli's Rhapsody's new album as well, if they can rush it out before Summer ends.

I also plan on listening to the whole Galneryus, Pathfinder, and Angra discographies before the season ends.

The only concert that I have planned is the Maiden England tour in Houston, which is incidentally the last show of the tour, so it should be fun. Although, I wouldn't mind a Dragonforce or Firewind or Rhapsody of Fire show in Texas either...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be going through a calm symphonic phase over the summer it looks like.

Going to be re-listening to Grace for Drowning (Steven Wilson), and Scarcity of Miracles (King Crimson), and buy Storm Corrosion, and Weather Systems (Anathema).

I also need to finally get around to buying Flying Colors.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going on tour throughout the east coast with some midwest dates. July 5th through July 22nd so far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
Probably try to add on to my current 600+ Pantera plays

Pantera all songs 1000+ Plays.

As for me, I will try to be discovering new music (Probably in the metal genre, I started to really get into it more than usual).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 albums that I care about are coming out in may soooo I'll be listening to them for a while

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year was the big year for me with artists I listen to. My top 5 favorite bands all had albums come out last year. (Between the Buried and Me, The Human Abstract, Thomas Giles, Protest the Hero, and Animals as Leaders) I don't think that epicness can be matched this year, but who knows. =P

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Tool, New BTBAM, saw Rusko on the 26th and gonna see BTBAM, Cannibal corpse, Veil of maya, the faceless, JFAC, exhumed and goatwhore on august 23 other than that like I said at the beggining just amped fr new BTBAM and Tool, especially Tool, I saw em in 07 for my first concert, changed my life, it's been far too long since they've put out a new song
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Beale street music festival in Memphis TN right now, gonna see Volbeat (awesome!), 36mafia (meh, on the same stage as Volbeat), Megadeth (awesome!), and Girl Talk (looking forward to him the most).

Then i got Edgefest in little rock with Shinedown, Godsmack, and more in August. Overall a damn good summer!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post.

Last edited by Sarg338 on Sat May 05, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking my annual trip to Indiana for Mayhem. Stay there for 4 days so I can go to Warped. Coming back and probably going to sit and listen to some punk rock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: