Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Summer Music Plans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to take my girlfriend to see Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper for her birthday. Also gonna be going to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival and we're planning on attending the Trespass America Tour.

I also plan to continue to make weekly guitar videos and get better.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
TQSG  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having only recently gained interest in lossless audio formats, I plan on rebuilding my entire library over the summer.

I used to stay in my comfort zone in terms of music, but thanks to certain gregs and inv4ders, I have been giving any recommendation a try. I'm surprised at all of the new artists and genres I've come to enjoy that I never expected to before. I usually end up enjoying new stuff very much, it just takes a lot of effort for me to quit being lazy and do it. So, I guess I'm just going to try harder to give new stuff a shot, and catch up on some albums that I've always wanted to listen to but never got around to it.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the summer, but they announced the lineup for Austin City Limits today: http://lineup.aclfestival.com/

I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. I was hoping they'd give me a great reason to go again, but I probably won't unless a friend is selling tickets for cheap. I'd enjoy seeing the Chili Peppers, Weezer, Metric, and The Black Keys... but all of those combined I don't know are worth $200. The beauty of ACL is you pay for the bands you know and stay for the bands you don't (hell, I wouldn't have fallen in love with Fleet Foxes and Foster the People if I hadn't gone last year) but I don't think I will buy tickets this time. Last year Stevie Wonder was worth $180 by himself (IMO) and everything else that was amazing was just a bonus. Bon Iver was confirmed via golden ticket, but is not on this lineup... must have dropped out last minute.

I might still check out the artists this year anyways though, if you guys can recommend any of them that is.

As always I am willing to take recommendations for music from anyone. Here is what I've been listening to recently to give you an idea of what sort of music I like (i.e. - almost anything).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I might still check out the artists this year anyways though, if you guys can recommend any of them that is.

Jack White (worth the price of admission alone)
The Avett Brothers
Iggy and The Stooges
The Roots
The Shins
The Civil Wars
M83
Tegan and Sara
Childish Gambino
Crystal Castles
The Weeknd
Alabama Shakes
The War on Drugs
Trampled by Turtles
Freelance Whales
Bad Books (Kevin Devine + Manchester Orchestra, awesome band)
River City Extension

Damn, that's an awesome line-up.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep looking around and seeing so many people are happy with it and saying it's an awesome set. I feel weird like I'm missing out by only knowing <10 artists and being disappointed by that. Will definitely check those out. Any specific albums you can recommend?

Who am I kidding, if I had the kind of disposable income to just go to something like this every year on a whim I'd do it regardless of my initial lineup reactions (last year, and every year before that, they'd make you shell out the $180+ for a 3 day pass long before revealing the line-up, so last time I took a gamble and was initially disappointed, then after listening to the bands for several months I was all kinds of excited). So yeah, chalk my lineup complaints up to plain old jealousy at those more fortunate than I. :p Even if I had the money, sadly the 3-day passes sold out in 45 minutes or less, so I would have probably been unlucky and screwed over by FrontGate

Who knows, maybe I'll get some extra cash and someone will put up their day pass for sale and I go after all.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
The beauty of ACL is you pay for the bands you know and stay for the bands you don't...

M83, Two Door Cinema Club, and Crystal Castles should put on some pretty good shows, but the fact that even I don't recognize a large portion of these artists kinda makes it seem like they really ran dry in terms of selecting a lineup.

GuitarHailz wrote:
As always I am willing to take recommendations for music from anyone. Here is what I've been listening to recently to give you an idea of what sort of music I like (i.e. - almost anything).

I'd say give Mass of the Fermenting Dregs a shot, even though you don't seem to be much into shoegaze or even Japanese music as a whole. I feel like you might enjoy them, however. Try and find their self-titled.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how about these Mayhem Fest and Summer Slaughter line-ups, guys?

Think I might be going to both.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhem Fest looks like it would be a blast.

I'm set to go to Summerfest this year, got some tickets for the Foo Fighters pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:

I'm hoping to go to Summer Slaughter because it would be amazing but I'll have to see

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to write a few songs that I'll be pleased with. It's very rare that I write something that I'm satisfied with. Out of maybe 100 scrapped songs this year, I've only kept 2. But I digress.

I also plan to improve my drumming technique this year. Being self taught from Rock Band, there's only a handful that I know as of right now, and technique wasn't really my top priority.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:

Summer Slaughter ftw, only one I won't really wanna see is sadly Cannibal Corpse, I like the band it's just the vocals are a huge turn off to me, other than that one of the best lineups I've ever seen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: