Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Race to FC 21st Century Schizoid Man!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Race to FC 21st Century Schizoid Man! Reply with quote

Self-explanitory, ask to join, yada yada

First to win gets a free cookie!

Participants:

SlasherManEXE: 383,163 99% 728NS
Mr.Scientist: 376,879 98% 716NS
alexhaz64: 372,574 98% 668NS

Last edited by SlasherManEXE on Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: Begins when we are done with school. (Somewhere early in June for alex)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join in on this.

Current high score is 374,204 w/ 466 note streak. One mistake in the purples, then totally botched the ending. I can hit everything but Uh-Oh fairly consistently, but I've only hit Uh-Oh twice out of like 300 tries.

Edit2: Make that 390,132 with 789 note streak. 99% -2. Hit all the hard parts of the solo. One really stupid mistake in the solo and then I overstrummed the in Outro 1. Gah.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. You guys are in trouble.

Actually, not really, because I don't want to ever play this song again at this point, and it will probably take me 100 more runs to hit the solo again. Missed the somehow.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's rough, sorry to hear it.

But don't hurry too much, the rivalry hasn't even started yet. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever get another copy of GH5 sure, why not. I have 84/85 in the game anyway lol. I think i'll go ahead and Re-FC all the other songs as well, just so I can actually submit all my scores this time around. (I do have vid proof of all the tough songs though )
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone cares, I just found a kind of unintuitive method for Uh-Oh that works pretty well for me. I'll post it and hopefully someone will find it useful. Not trying to tell anyone how to play, you guys can all FC circles around me, but I thought this might save someone some time if they find it useful, as it literally took me hours of experimenting in practice mode to come up with a method that works for me.

This isn't some magical method that will make you hit this every time -- it's an extremely difficult section and it will still take a ton of practice to get this down. But I did go from having hit this like 15 times over the course of 2 weeks to hitting it 15 times in one night when I started using this...

During the long yellow sustain just before Uh-Oh starts, get your right hand up to the buttons and hold down the green button with it. Just keep the green button held down the whole time with your right hand, then hit the rest of the notes with your left hand like normal, making sure to let off quickly whenever a green comes.

After a little practice you should be able to get up until this point without missing pretty much every time:

234 211 2321211 432321123

Keep in mind that the reds aren't really tapping, but that you are just holding the green down with your right hand the entire time. Now no matter how much I tried this section, I just couldn't hit it the above way with any kind of consistency. I would always miss right where the third yellow starts. Then I tried this, and it works like a charm for me:

234 211 1211211 432321123

Green font is a slide, underline means you anchor that finger until the underline stops. So basically you just hold down yellow with your index finger, tap and let off the blue with middle, then slide down one fret and do the same thing. Make sure to let off right after so that the green note your right hand is holding registers.

Once you get this down, there are 2 more trouble spots. The first is at the very end of the section above. You will find that if you let go of that last yellow, the next green note won't register even though you're holding it down because it's outside the range of the timing window. The solution is simple - just hold down that last yellow until right before the green note comes, then you'll be fine on the timing.

The section right after that shouldn't pose any problems. Just continue to hold down the green with your right hand and hit RYBO with your left 1234. Finally, you come to the RY trills with the random green notes in them. This is where I finally let go of the green with my right hand and switch to this:

-----
212111212121212 ----- 121212

You have to let go where the space is or the red note won't count since it's too far away. I'm too lazy to do the colors/underlining, but you slide down to the greens when they come and then slide back up to the reds, anchoring the reds with 1 every time a new RY trill starts. Be careful on the third RY trill, it starts on the yellow which can make you miss if you're not paying attention.

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:
Missed the somehow.

Strum early. VERY early.
I choke there once and it was awful.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this hasn't even started yet, but I just got it

Only one post-sax choke, thank christ. My advice to everyone is BE ABLE TO HIT EVERYTHING AFTER THE SAX SOLO EVERY SINGLE TIME NO MATTER WHAT before you even attempt this. Only hard song left for me is DWEDFN, then a bunch of easy stuff will get me the FGFC.

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
ihatebarracuda wrote:
Missed the somehow.

Strum early. VERY early.

And thanks for this, it helped a lot

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
ihatebarracuda wrote:
Missed the somehow.

Strum early. VERY early.

And thanks for this, it helped a lot

what he said. you can't play strumming late in this game, even though the engine is tipped in that favor... also i may cheat a bit and do this on ps2, not sure though, the sliders seem easier on 360 >__>

*pointless debate*

also i might have to DQ due to you FCing before the rivalry starts. honestly i don't know. YOU WIN >.<

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all should think about starting this here rivalry! I got two -1's on the full solo yesterday, as well as a -8 run of the full song. 388k atm. I need work on Uh Oh! for sure, but I can do pretty well on everything else.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I made a little more progress today toward the FC. Hit the full solo finally, that was pretty cool. Also hit Uh Oh in a real run- -3 in Blame the Saxes and Avant Your Face. 391k, would've been a bit higher had I not overstrummed somehow earlier in the song. Getting closer...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started practicing thise tonight, got decent at the last 3 sections of Sax, but Uh Oh was terribad. Slowed it down and learned how2, and now I can manage.

I'll grind for this during break. I want 2nd place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice. Right as my main PS2 TV dies -_-. Now I'll have to work with the lag.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: