ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Questions about drums and what to buy.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Questions about drums and what to buy. Reply with quote

Just like to start out by saying im not a complete amateur at drums. I have an electronic kit that I play on regularly and I'd like to say I'm decent at it. So my questions aren't completely beginner based.

I just got into my friends band (they are a pop-punk band if it means anything for sound) and they have a show on May 27th. I need to have acoustic drum set by then. One thing about this kit is that I won't get to use it except for live shows. The noise issues with an acoustic are too much , so we practice with my electronic kit. I really don't want to spend lots and lots of money for something that will probably only get used a couple times for shows (they arent a big band, they just play a couple local shows here and there). I don't know what brands to look for, or where to purchase my drum set, and such. I'm completely lost in this since it is so new to me. I realize that since it is based on opinion of sound that it's my call on what to buy, but I still would like some general directions, tips, or anything that can help me in the right direction. I didnt know if Craigslist would be a good place, or eBay, musicians friend, guitar center, etc. I'm so lost in this whole process with not much time. The guitarist has a kit I can borrow for a little bit but I need to get a snare and a crash, so those are the 2 important pieces I need to get. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be amazing. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's pop-punk, you should just look in Craigslist or local listings for a 4-piece with a crash/ride, crash, and hi-hats. I'm suggesting a crash/ride because I'm not too sure if you actually need a ride or not, but they're very versatile if you need to use either one. And I'd say not to be too picky about what brand you're looking at with that time frame, unless you have an unlimited budget for some strange reason. Just look on Craigslist and see what you can find there. Always some good deals.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been keeping an eye on craigslist for a while. There are some decent deals, I just don't know if there are brands that I should stay away from and what brands to look for and what prices are good, etc.

Thankfully I have a couple friends I was able to borrow their kits for a week of practice and for the show, then after that I'll be able to have more time to commit to research and have a better understand of everything and won't be rushed with my decision.

Thank you for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: