ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The joy of farming in nearly any game is superior to the farming in diablo 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I thought this would be the PC game to kill all PC games.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were all tricked. Should have known when they dissolved Blizzard North that we were in for something bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is just boring and I have given it my all. I really try to like it but I am nearing 1000 hours and would not recommend the game to anyone.
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was advertizing this game a lot to the people I know, but I stopped doing that after I realized that it's not worth their time, or mine. But Blizz employees have acknowledged the issues on the forums, so maybe the future patches could make me play another 200+ hours. Until that, I think I'll go in to an indefinite hiatus. Hopefully this game is gonna be more complete by the end of the year.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BloodyFistHole wrote:
Fuuuuuuck, Hardcore can be so cruel sometimes. My first character died to a couple of Demented Fallen in Zultan Kulle's set of levels because I had no idea what I was facing and the fact that they're so deadly (aka blowupinmyface). Took me about a week to draw the enthusiasm to start the game again and have played the crap out of Diablo 3 for the past few days. Made it back to the same place, this time knowing what to expect... only there were literally two dozen of them and they blew me up before I even had time to think.

Second character dead, exact same place, exact same enemy. I really liked my character, too.

This is why Nethack is so awesome - it's Hardcore or bust.

In other news, the reason this game isn't as good as it should be is because they've stripped all the user choice out of it. We're not allowed to play the game in the way that we want to, we've got to play it the way Blizzard tells us.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Vox  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A preview of the 1.04 patch was posted online a couple days ago: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456/104_Systems_Preview-8_10_2012

Definitely some nice improvements, but I still think the game has a looooong ways to go before achieving D2 status (if it ever gets there).

Thoughts?
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox wrote:
Thoughts?

Too little too late.

Dead game is dead.
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hopeful that they can bring the game 'round. Although the team is completely different, Diablo 2 is my favourite game of all-time and the original is a masterpiece, so I feel I owe the series some time to work itself out. Unfortunately though, my biggest gripes are things they'll never implement... but again, holding out hope.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do need to get back to playing D3, and most of the changes sound good. My highest level char is a WD, so I like the last bullet point of making zombie dogs and gargantuan a bit more powerful, and the first point about co-op, and the normal vs elite monsters adjustment (though it's not clear if that was for Inferno only)
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband bought this for me today unexpectedly, he seemed pretty excited about the new patch and the prospect of playing together through our vacation. Anybody still playing?

I've never played D1 or D2 or any game like this at all really (don't worry, we have both for me when I inevitably decide to play them), so it'll be nice to just enjoy the game for what it is and not compare it to anything else. And at the rate I am able to play and finish games, I suspect that even "only" 50+ hours will be more than worth the $60 purchase.

You could say in this context I'm a casual gamer... But that's nothing compared to a guy I work with who bought this game on release, beat it once on Normal and then quit. Not because he hated the game or got bored of it, he just tells me he doesn't want to beat any game more than once. WTF?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I have debated getting back into it (level 38 Barb in Act II Nightmare here) but neither one of us have logged on in a good month or so, so I honestly couldn't tell you what it's like with the new patch.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
You could say in this context I'm a casual gamer... But that's nothing compared to a guy I work with who bought this game on release, beat it once on Normal and then quit. Not because he hated the game or got bored of it, he just tells me he doesn't want to beat any game more than once. WTF?

That's... incredibly dumb. Beating Diablo 2 or 3 on Normal isn't even a fraction of the gameplay.

I'm gonna try to start playing again when the patch comes out. Maybe it'll hook me better this time, I've just been really busy with work and catching up with other games I wanted to play.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

That's... incredibly dumb. Beating Diablo 2 or 3 on Normal isn't even a fraction of the gameplay.

I'm gonna try to start playing again when the patch comes out. Maybe it'll hook me better this time, I've just been really busy with work and catching up with other games I wanted to play.

Definitely! If you want to play PM me for my Battletag ...I think we're gonna start new characters today and maybe get a group going? Not sure.

We'll see if this game is really worth all the hate that it's getting...

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

We'll see if this game is really worth all the hate that it's getting...

Too late, the game is good now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: