ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0.4 was a huge improvement, especially in the AH...I'm just sick of the game, I've played through it countless times already, I'm going to have to take a long time off of it before I feel like playing it again.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

We'll see if this game is really worth all the hate that it's getting...

Too late, the game is good now.

Haha, well it sounds like I'm smart to have waited, then. I get to enjoy the improved game while experiencing everything for the first time.

Around the middle of Act 2 now, Level 20 Monk. Act 2 sucks. Doing pretty well for a new player I think. My husband is helping me not be a total failure (a large task). Hopefully after getting used to this game I can actually try League of Legends.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
SDoner8790 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Haha, well it sounds like I'm smart to have waited, then. I get to enjoy the improved game while experiencing everything for the first time.

Around the middle of Act 2 now, Level 20 Monk. Act 2 sucks. Doing pretty well for a new player I think. My husband is helping me not be a total failure (a large task). Hopefully after getting used to this game I can actually try League of Legends.

Just like Diablo II, in Diablo III Act 2 is a long trek through deserts to grab some random mcguffins and get acid spat on you by annoying bug monsters.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
SDoner8790 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

League of Legends is nothing like Diablo FYI, if that's what you were alluding to. Two totally different genres of games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
League of Legends is nothing like Diablo FYI, if that's what you were alluding to. Two totally different genres of games.

Yeah, I said that in a weird way. I actually know more about LoL than I have any business knowing (my husband has every champion, tells me all kinds of stuff). The reason I mention League is because the style of play is similar, 4 moves (which I have set to QWER not 1234), overhead view, click enemies to attack, etc. I'm pretty bad with keyboard and mouse controls on games (I still have to look down to make sure my fingers are on all the right buttons), so anything relatively simple on the keyboard and similar in play style will help me learn to actually do it right. Playing without a controller is weird enough for me... yeah I know I'm a console pleb. :p

I don't have any ambitions of becoming especially good at League/D3, but at least competent to the point of knowing what does what and which moves are better to use in certain situations. It's a fun process.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found my first Legendary: Leoric's Crown. I was replaying Act IV on normal and was pretty excited to find it, regardless of it's uselessness. My overall goal is to find every Legendary & Set Item, so this is the first step to greatness! Though like Diablo 2 - where my goal was the same - I know I'll never reach it, but it gives me something to aim for.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0.4 felt like a massive step in to the right direction, after so many small adjustment patches only. I really immediately shrugged off the Kotaku article about "paragon levels" as a rumor, but it really did happen. They actually "raised" the level cap (and by a lot) and made the legendaries better. Still far from its potential, but enought for now. My break is and has been over now. Ready to farm ACT III on inferno now.

If anyone feels like playing, add me: pellejoku#2521. Or if you just feel like adding :P. I could play any ACT except IV. I'm playing a Monk.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has improved. I'm still waiting for the game to feel less like a gold farm and buy your gear kind of game.

If that happens I'll definitely pick it back up. But making legendary items better, and adding paragon levels are great changes.

I tried it out the other day for the first time after not playing since the first patch. Inferno is a shadow of what it used to be lol.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So today we beat Hell and started through Inferno. Managed to beat the Skeleton King tonight with little trouble getting there, so I feel accomplished. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I get curbstomped by ridiculous enemies and decide to quit, but I'm glad that hasn't happened yet. I've avoided the Auction House thus far aside from selling a few things, so it's been all luck and my blacksmith making it happen

The game just feels so fun on the higher difficulties... the idea that you are against the tougher enemies and a fight could easily turn around, plus seeing better item drops on a regular basis (even if the items end up being crap, the feeling of getting them still is good), it just makes everything more engaging and fun to play. I realize Inferno is better now so I may not be doing as great as I think, but eh, it's something. Gotta savor those small victories.

So, haters gonna hate, I love this game, will be continuing to play all day tomorrow and Sunday and see just how far we can get on Inferno

1KJ08mq.jpg
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played since the patches (And I even saw that they are nerfing Inferno even MORE), but Act II was the absolute worst, especially on Inferno.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch v1.0.5 sneak peek:

Quote:
Defensive Skill Changes
In our eternal quest to promote build diversity; we’ll be making changes to defensive skills across the board while simultaneously reducing incoming damage. The net result is a survivability buff for players, and an increase in build options as defensive abilities become less “mandatory.”

New Event: Infernal Machine
The Infernal Machine is a device that will allow level-60 players to battle “uber” versions of some of Sanctuary’s most nefarious bosses. While the rewards for defeating these bosses will be great, some assembly is required.

New System: Monster Power
Similar to the “Players 8” command in Diablo II, the Monster Power system is designed to give players more control over how challenging enemies are in each difficulty.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 are both better than Diablo: Auction House edition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joerod wrote:
Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 are both better than Diablo: Auction House edition.

Cool, you got Torchlight 2 already?

joerod  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
joerod wrote:

Cool, you got Torchlight 2 already?

Nope, but it's still better than D3! Also both games I mentioned cost less than half of D3, combined.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
I haven't played since the patches (And I even saw that they are nerfing Inferno even MORE), but Act II was the absolute worst, especially on Inferno.

Yeah, Act 2 is just plain bad but it definitely makes things more exciting (putting it nicely). I beat it today on Inferno. Unfortunately I don't belong to that subset of people who beat it on "super hardcore pre-nerf Inferno!!!" so I'm, like, a total noob, right? But hey, it was still fun!

I also found 2 Legendary items, which was exciting!

I've heard a lot about Path of Exile, may have to look into it. I also enjoy the first Torchlight. Unfortunately it doesn't look like PoE supports Mac at the moment, so I'll have to figure out that Boot Camp stuff one of these days.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: