ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Longest Game Completion Time For You?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Longest Game Completion Time For You? Reply with quote

So I was sitting there at my Xbox today, thinking what to play, when I hovered over a game that I hadn't played in a good 3 years. N+. (great game, pick it up)

After 3 years, I realised I had left it uncompleted, and it got me thinking, what's the longest length of time it's taken you to complete a game? I don't mean in terms of hours played, (although that is an equally valid question), but real world time.

I bet someone's had a decade long wait to complete a game on here before
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Fahrenheit (Indigo Prohecy for you Yanks) on the original Xbox. Got half way through and bought a 360.
I then bought the Xbox Originals version of the game. Still haven't completed it.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got ZX Spectrum games that I never got around to finishing. Really not joking.

Sticking to the current console generation, though: I have a lot of Xbox 360 games that I played for a short while a long time ago, before giving up for one reason or another. Blue Dragon and Infinite Undiscovery, I started playing them and quickly thought "yyyyyeah, no". Lost Odyssey, I loved what little I played of it, but I think the idea of the time commitment involved in playing through it was what put me off. The list could go on.

Special mention to Alice: Madness Returns, which I bought new at full retail price in the week it was released (a year ago next week). I still haven't played it. Oh, and I'll never fucking finish N+. Not unless someone can guarantee me an infinite supply of controllers and free window repairs for life.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA 4, played it once and never again. dont know why.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I can think of right now is Final Fantasy XIII, which is 2 years old right now, I never even made it to disc 3. >__>

Note that I have full gamerscore on XIII-2 despite this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to the final boss in the original side-scrolling Ninja Gaiden freakin' ages ago (11 or 12 years ago?) and lost spectacularly. I promised myself that one day I'd bust my own balls until I made it back to that point and...y'know...actually won, but alas, it never happened.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt, it's TMNT II: The Arcade Game for the NES. Got the game when it was released around 1990. My brothers and I played that game to death. Got to shredder ONCE and we died. Got to Crang several times but could never get past him again (there are two BIG bosses right before the plethora of Shredders with Crang being one of them).

Wasn't until around 2006 - 16 years later - that my brother and I played the game again and actually finished it. What a huge feeling of relief too. Awesome game that deserved to be finished for sure

And this game can now be downloaded on Xbox Live. If you have the extra points, I would definitely recommend buying it. Especially if you want some awesome co-op playing (4 players, I guess that goes without saying, lol).
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
GTA 4, played it once and never again. dont know why.

Same. I was so sad that it wasn't like San Andreas or anything that I just didn't play it like at all. Never finished.

Also It took me until after Mass Effect 2 came out for me to beat ME1.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest example that comes to mind for me is the classic Shinobi arcade game. (this one from 1987, to be specific, given that there's about a million different games named Shinobi in existence :p) I had Shinobi on my Amiga 500... oh this is going back to probably around 1991-1992 and played it a LOT, but could never really get past the 3rd boss at best. More often than not I'd lose my last life at 3-1. My Amiga 500 died on me around 1994, so I never really got a chance to complete it for years and years until I got my 360 and discovered its existence in XBLA form. According to my achievement timestamp, I finally beat the game June 21, 2009, a good 17-18 years after I first played it.

Another specific example I have comes from Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES, but not so much in the sense of beating the game. I beat the game fairly quickly, as it was something that I truly loved at the time (to the point where it is in fact my all time favourite game bar none). Now for those that aren't aware, there's an optional puzzle in Dragon Mountain that's referred to in-game as "The Most Difficult Trick In The World". Here's a pic of it. The idea is to move that 2x2 square from the top of the puzzle area (the one with those 4 treasure chests) to the bottom by shifting around all the other blocks within the enclosed area. I was stuck on this very puzzle for 5 years of my life. It actually got to a point where even when I wasn't at my SNES trying to solve it, I would actually pull out my Game Gear cartridges, tape them together exactly as per the puzzle, and go ahead and try to figure it out on the floor. Needless to say, I was extremely overjoyed when I finally solved it years after first laying my eyes on it. Good times.

I have a LOT of PS2 games which I started and barely touched, or played a fair bit of and never touched again, and in fact the same is true with my 360 titles too. As extensive as my console collection is, a fair chunk of it has only seen a couple hours of gameplay or to that extent.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of old games that I played and never really beat, stuff I had on Sega Genesis and Game Boy when I was a kid (and sucked at video games). I had the Prince of Persia trilogy on original xbox and never ended up beating the third one, in fact I still haven't. That would be... 8-9 years ago now? If I ever get that game again, it would be the record holder for me.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue on the PS (one of the best movie-licensed games, imo) was released on November 30th, 1999, which was the day I got it. I got quite a ways through the game before being caught up with school stuff and I became much too busy to finish it.

Earlier this year, on March 25th, 2012 (approximate date I believe) I decided to finish it. Turns out that I was on the final level. Wasn't that hard. That's over 12 years. Don't think I've had anything else anywhere near that extreme.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, Pokemon Red took me 11 years to beat. This was not necessarily because of lacking skill or being underleveled, but because I had no idea how to obtain the HM for Strength (which is required to complete Victory Road). It wasn't until I saw a Pokemon FireRed Let's Play that I found out the significance behind the Gold Teeth and completely raped the Elite Four and Gary with my Level 82 Blastoise.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently rewent through Donkey Kong 64 (and got all the bananas/gold bananas {never doing that again }) and beat the game. I've had that game since roughly when it came out, but never got the stupid rareware coin or a bunch of bananas, and never made it to the last boss. So that was probably a good 10 years or so altogether.
Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever beaten DKC 1 or 2 simply because King K Rool battles were way too long for me :P. Get hit twice? Repeat the last 10 minutes.
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were the same way. Collecting everything? Fine. Easy. Beating the last boss? Screw that.

I actually have a terrible habit of getting close to finishing a game then not play for a while and never get back into it >_>

Oh and can't forget Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis). The amount of times I've done the first dungeon or two only to later lose interest, get stuck or lose my save file... I'd be much more into it if it weren't so grindheavy and your basic attack moves seemed the most effective. Beating that would eventually add up to about 13 years or so.

I'd say about 80% of games I play/own I don't get very far into at all, and of the remaining 20, 90% of those I almost/barely beat and the other 10% are GH, Smash bros, Footies, Final Fantasy, Paper mario (aka the games I play the most xD)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

super mario brother 3 took me nearly 18-19 years to complete. I tried off and on throughout my childhood but never beat it without cheats until i as 23. i could have sooner but i would always start it get stuck somewhere, stop and just kind of forget about it for a while. one of the first games i played and my favorite for a long time.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: